Toa Nuva Vakama (Toa Nuva Tahu Revamp)

I don’t care what others say, this is great! Granted, the bright red does stand out a bit too much, but other than that it’s an inspired and creative creation.

Good job, David!

1 Like

i like it…

1 Like

Pretty nice. Using the CCBS pieces on the shoulder is a pretty clever move with this moc, although I do suppose you could say it only stands out because it’s the only really clever thing regarding the moc. Not that it’s your fault, but more so what you were trying to achieve. I will say that the arms are slightly off putting because of their straightness. If you have more of those leg pieces those could work as arms.

As for the people saying it’s lazy, while I understand the point it’s also a constraint that makes building the moc much more difficult. I’m 90% sure that a majority of the mocs here utilize some sort of illegal technique and out of the ones that don’t I’d bet a majority of those likely wouldn’t pass the same tests lego sets are required to pass. The point I’m trying to make is that while it can be pretty hard to make a giant elaborate titan moc, it can be equally hard to make a much simpler moc with a ton of constraints. I’ve gone through this when trying to make a custom yet “realistic” mixel, where I made sure to study other mixels to see what techniques they used and what patterns they followed, and then made sure to apply similar patterns to my moc. It’s a lot harder than it may sound.

5 Likes