Toa weapon concepts discussions. (bring in your ideas)

So given how well the Rahkshi weapons topic went, i thought that i should maybe make a topic that was about the weapon consepts for the Toa.

Now this time i am not the one with the ideas here, i want to hear your ideas. and as a bonus, i am going to make a list of the most well liked ideas for weapon consepts for the Toa, which i will later commission a picture of from Oomatu (keep in mind that Oomatu is a busy persion, so it can take some time before any images are posted.)

There are some things i want to make clear first.

1. If you have a specific design in mind for your weapon, please add a description detailing it.
  2. one of the things i did in my Rahkshi Weapon topic was to add in some lore backgrounds for the weapons, like what Ninjago and Legends of Chima originally did with their weapons. So if your weapon have some lore ideas behind it, please feel free to add it in.

Other than that, have fun :smile:

Toa weapon list:

Tahu

Gali

Kopaka

Lewa

Pohatu

Onua

5 Likes

I think Kopaka should just have a plain o’l sword and buckler. Like from 2001.

… shield and buckler? … do you mean sword and buckler? Bucklers are shields (small versions of them).

Outside of the specific designs, I’m pretty sure the Toa’s weapons are basically final.

• Tahu - Greatsword
  • Kopaka - Sword or Spear and Shield
  • Gali - Hooks
  • Onua - Hammer
  • Pohatu - Staff with a mace on one end and flail on the other
  • Lewa - Dual Axes with Tonfa-like handles
1 Like

Derp, your right.

I know that it’s final that Tahu will have a sword, and that Onua will have a hammer.

That is not what this topic is about. In my Rahkshi weapon topic, i had the rahkshi have more than one weapon of choise, this is because in Story driven LEGO themes like Ninjago, Chima and Nexo Knights, the main characters in these themes all have a different weapon they use in each set.

while in the cartoons, they have usually just one selection of weapons to use, thus Kai’s main weapon is the Katana in the show. In the sets however, Kai will at times use a different weapon other than his Katana. (and no, i am not talking about a plot related weapon, like the golden weapons, the elemental blades or the Techno Blades.)

Not only will this topic serve as to help people who make set ideas have more weapons they can give each of the characters so that things are different, this topic can end up serving well for the TTV crew if they want the Toa to also be able to use a different weapon at some point, rather than them being stuck with the same choise of weapons over and over again.

what do you think IllustriousVar?

Edit: Have been thinking of some ideas for Weapons for the Toa to use in sets.

one i though about recently was the royal sword and shield of Ihu. In sets they would be used by Kopaka durring the civil war, but could show up in the show under the ownership of someone else like Matoro or some other high ranking Ihuen Matoran durring the civil war event.

I haven’t been able to write any backstory for the weapon yet, plus i have been thinking about more weapons for the Rahkshi to use, (think of it like a series 2 list of rahkshi weapons.)

1 Like