Transformers Animated Brainstorm

So this is the first in a new series (which hopefully won’t get cancelled) of me drawing the G1 headmasters in the TFA style, as well as giving them series appropriate alt modes. (Also, can I say that I like my ideas for his alt mode, but I think I could have drawn it better) Anyways, thoughts?

Also, in case you were wondering, I got the idea when I was messing around with my Titans Return Brainstorm and I noticed the extreme curve in the legs, and it reminded me of TFA. So, yeah.

16 Likes

I know his tr figure is a remold of blur but you didn’t have to make him look like a remold of animated blur as well.

The art itself is good.

Looks pretty nice.

@Payinku Really? That wasn’t what I was really going for, but now that you mention, I can really see it.

@LTVmocs Thanks!

very thin, many tall
try makin him a tad more squat, tfa’s style requires a bit of squatness in it
other than that pretty good meme my dude

Thanks, but I kinda find the lank suits him. Brainstorm is more the Steve Jobs type skinny nerd to me (aka, my idol)

i mean like
look at animated perceptor

he isn’t pencil thin, more like marker thin
brainstorm boi here needs to bat a couple more pounds, nothing too major tho

1 Like

Ok, yeah, I gues you’re right (I actually had the Perceptor page in the Allspark Almanac open for a reference when drawing this)

1 Like

plot twist, he’s secretly shockwave as well!

2 Likes

The proportions on the arms are off a bit. They’re too short imo

Also the legs, while drawn ok, are a bit close together, which isn’t anatomically incorrect, it just makes the posing a bit awkward.

Other than that, I really don’t see anything wrong. I encourage you to keep making stuff like this, you’ll get better as you go

Thanks man! I appreciate you picking this apart! I will say though that TFA style legs are a bit hard to draw, especially for someone who has been trying to draw realistically fo so long

1 Like

Yeah, I get you. Actually, I got the all spark almanac at a book store some years ago, and it’s where I derive 90% of my art style from. Keep working at it! The longer you do it and the more you draw, the better you’ll get!

Yeah, I actually ordered it in the spring. I had it and a book with pictures of all the G1 toys beside me for reference. Aside from a couple head sketches, this is only my second attempt at the animated art style. Anyways, thanks man!

1 Like