Transformers: Beast Wars

Same here. The only character I can say I like the least is Tigerhawk. But that’s mainly because he was only in like two episodes, I don’t really remember what his personality was like (Its been a long time since I watched the show) and he sorta smudges the memory of Tigatron and Airazor. Same thing for Dinobot II, but that last one is a bigger deal because I love Dinobot.

I love Dinobot as well, but I adore Dinobot II. I loved Dinobot’s character. however I was not big on his robot mode. I love Dinobot II’s design, and his character worked well…however it could have been better.

1 Like

Im not so sure about his personality ither, but from how the show made it, it looked like Tigerhawk had mostly Tigatron’s personality and voice. I would have prefered it more if Tigerhawk had ended up being a sort of “offspring” of Tigatron and Airazor by being a mix of both their personalities given how “his” spark was a fused version of both Tigatron and Airazor’s.

1 Like

After re-watching some some old clips, I can officially say that Dinobot II looks awesome. Especially in his cyber raptor mode. Though, the toy could have been better.

This is good.

This is not good.

This is best.

EDIT:

This is a thing I found.
It is awesome.
That is all.

2 Likes

Beast Wars was a huge part of my childhood, as was Beast Machines, despite it being not so popular.
Waspinator, Dinobot, and Silverbolt are my faves, but as far as toys go, Cybershark and Spittor were the best. I still have Spittor on my shelf below my MOCs.

1 Like

Wow. Glad to hear from someone else. Beast Wars was a massive part of my childhood as well. Its what got me into the massive obsession of Transformers I’ve had most my life in the first place.

Same here, Beast Wars was my introduction into the Transformers universe, to the point I thought it was weird when Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2001) came out and the characters turned into vehicles. So educated, I was.
Also, growing up in Canada, finding out the show’s intentional name was Beast Wars and not Beasties was a shocking moment.

1 Like

I actually watched it after the show ended, but I still watched reruns with my dad. This was probably when I was about 3. He later got me the entire series on DVD, as well as Beast Machines. I also had the first two seasons of animated on DVD, as well as a few episodes of Energon. I also have a VHS tape with the first few episodes of Cybertron, which I watched so much I memorized the commercials and trailers at the start. Then Prime started in 2010, which I followed religiously. I also watched the third season of Animated, and binged the entirety of Cybertron one or two summers ago.

1 Like

Nice, you definitely have watched more than me :stuck_out_tongue: I marathoned Beast Wars, then Beast Machines a couple years ago as I had only watched bits and pieces as a kid. Then I binged Animated, which I love how much it loves the Transformers history and lore. Then I followed Prime until it ended. Haven’t stuck my nose much into the new RiD, but I love the Decepticon designs (vehicles turning into animalistic robots).

1 Like

Well you should. Its pretty good.

I know this is getting more off-topic, does RiD start to get more of that Prime feel later on? Watching the first few episodes, it felt it was shooting for an even younger age group than Prime did.

1 Like

Yes. Getting back on topic, what would you say is one of your favorite things about Beast Wars?

Probably character development. Each character, for the most part, was able to develop and have their own time in the spotlight. Also, character relationships and interactions, one of the best being Dinobot and Rattrap. Yours?

1 Like

Either Dinobot and Rattrap or Waspinator and life.

Waspinator had such a complex relationship with life. The poor bot.
Did you have a favorite character/toy that wasn’t featured in the show?

Well seeing as how I don’t or have ever owned any of the original Beast Wars toys with the exception of Dinobot I got a few days ago, and an Inferno that I have on hold at a collector toy shop, and I’ll get once I get enough money. No none. Actually, come to think of it, Transmetal Waspinator would have been cool.

1 Like

Transmetal Waspinator is definitely one of the better Transmetal toys. Pretty sweet that you were able to find Inferno locally.
Personally love Spittor a ton.
http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/images/spittor.gif

1 Like

Yeah, he’s pretty cool. The spring loaded head/tongue is… unique to say the least.

Beast Wars, along with Classics and the Unicron trilogy, introduced me to this brand. I regard the show as great for the time, but personally believe it has since been far outdone by works such as Prime.

2 Likes

True. Bit I feel that there are some moments in Beast Wars that simply cannot be outdone. The death of Dinobot is a good example.

1 Like