Transformers: Beast Wars

I guess I’ll post this here

8 Likes

I said I watched bits of it, not an entire episode, so I’ve been honest.

Thats… Not what I expected, and kinda makes less sense. Wouldn’t an animal get hurt more from them? Besides they transform back to their normal selves anyways.

Days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend. The legend of Megatron, destroyer of the universe.

2 Likes

organics aren’t affected by it.

only for limited periods of time or in shielded areas.

2 Likes

Unrefined Energon is not like radiation. It’s more as electricity being stored in the Transformers which if left unchecked can cause sever damage to the internal systems of the bot.

2 Likes

OK that makes a ton more sense then.

3 Likes

If I may step in to the conversation for a moment, how does them visually mimicking animals stop their still mechanical bodies from being affected?

2 Likes

I think it goes along the lines of “if we cover ourselves in organic material while transformed the energon will be unable to affect us.”

However, that still seems kinda sketch to me. I haven’t seen the show in such a long time, though, maybe a more accurate description is given at some point?

Albeit I’m pretty sure by season two something happens that makes it not an issue anymore so they all get slightly mechanized animal variants.

2 Likes

Their animal alt modes are covered in an organic skin that blocks out the excess energy.

3 Likes

Where did they get the skin?

Dark.

2 Likes

It’s probably artificially grown.

2 Likes

… how?
Do they just have flesh growing machines?
Why would inorganic beings need a way to grow organic matter?
I’m genuinely confused about the semantics of this.

1 Like

Tell that to bionicle.

1 Like

At least BIONICLE doesn’t need an arbitrary excuse for it, like Beast Wars.

1 Like

Biomechanical=/=inorganic

Which is why the semantics of how they got the flesh coating is confusing.

3 Likes

@Chronicler @Payinku

its belived that the beast mode technology seen in Beast Wars is based on the Pretender technology. Plus why would they not have technology to create artificial organic matter, especially if they need to do so for research.

3 Likes

I respect this show

Oh also, didn’t the writers not know the lore before they started and only learned after fan outcry?I remember from some interview or something

to be fair we’re comparing massive robots which transform into animals and actual flippin’ vegetables

6 Likes

Someone hating on Beastwars?
Restrains himself from scream typing a very long winded, insult ridden post

Ahem.
yeah, no.
I would type up something backing up my opinion.
But I’d be restating what everyone else already has.

4 Likes

Back in 2006 I watched the first two seasons and loved it
Just recently I went back and rewatched it along with the third season.
Some parts don’t hold up, yes
But the vast majority of the show was far better than I remembered

And @Chronicler, it may be a good idea to actually watch more than a few bits and pieces here and there, before making any particularly strong statements about it’s quality.

It’s also important to keep in mind that Beast Wars introduced several concepts that have carried forward into virtually all Transformers media since, particularly the idea of Sparks.

6 Likes

I would love to, but the only thing holding be back is how the animation looks.

2 Likes