Transformers Live-Action Movies

I feel like Jablonsky is in cryofreeze and they just open him up whenever they go to make a new one, because he doesn’t do much else. He’s done Ender’s Game and Ninja Turtles 2, but otherwise he mainly just does Transformers.

1: Have your mentor be Hans Zimmer.
2: See step One.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

1 Like

One of my favorite moments of any first-viewing experience is waiting for the “Arrival to Earth” score to drop for a few seconds, along with other returning themes that he’ll sneak in. The Decepticons theme was snuck into AoE and I didn’t notice until I listened to the full score.

Listening to “The Presence of Megatron”

Oohh, this is nice. I remember this. Kind of creepy theme mixed in with the main theme of the mov… HOLY COW THAT’S THE DECEPTICON’S THEME FROM THE FIRST MOVIE!!!

3 Likes

What?! I didn’t even notice that! Just last week I was marathoning the series and I thought: man, it’s a shame the Decepticon theme was only used in the first movie. It fits the Decepticons very well. Steve, you clever man!

1 Like

The only bad thing about the scores is that since DOTM, the Albums moved to a different record label, so once they’re released on the digital platforms they can only sell something like 10,000 units and then it’s GONE forever. I only have three tracks from AoE and I’ll never be able to get the rest. For now on I’m making sure to get them day/week one.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

as you all seem to be talking about

the one thing that I admit I absolutely love from these movies is the music, Arrival to Earth, Lockdown, Optimus, god, just really great music

3 Likes

I freaked out when I heard part of “Arrival to Earth” in AOE’s “The Legend Exists” when I first saw the movie. Until then, Jablonsky’s hadn’t used any of the iconic melodies (not obviously, anyway, as you pointed out @prentice1215 ), and I worried that part of AOE’s “new direction” philosophy had discouraged him from doing so.

It’s been a long time since we’ve heard that one in it’s full glory. Seeing as how the TF5 appears to focus on Optimus Prime, why not use both of his themes in the movie?

2 Likes

Saw this pop up in my ‘Recommended’ section on YouTube. Dang, lot’s of nostalgia here. Also a quick way to compare all the trailers.

Transformers (2007): Don’t really remember this one. As I’ve said, I had always ignored Transformers in the past, and so the fact that this existed didn’t excite me. I didn’t see this in theaters, but saw it at a friend’s house when it came out on DVD. From then on, I was hooked. I do remember TV spots with Epps saying ‘Bring it!’ as Bonecrusher tackles Optimus.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009): Oh boy. The hype was real with this one. There are only two times in my life when the hype has been this great. The first was waiting for TF2 to come out, and the other was BIONICLE 2015’s leaks and official announcement. After getting hooked on the first movie, I started watching Transformers: Animated on Cartoon Network and started getting as many toys as I could. Every few weeks I would google search Transformers to see if there was any leaked news, and by the time this trailer came out, boy was the hype strong. Sure the final product has some massive flaws, but I still love it.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011): While I wasn’t as hyped for this as I was for 2, I was still really excited. I think I watched the trailer every morning before school for months, which makes sense since I was also watching the G1 reruns on The Hub at the time, and Transformers: Prime was going strong. What I find odd to this day is that this was the only trailer we got for DotM. Most movies have multiple trailers made for them, and besides the early Sentinel Prime/Moon teaser, this is the only full trailer we got. I was excited to see how the assumed final chapter in the live action series was going to turn out.

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014): This one caught me off guard. It seemed like DotM had the perfect ending that didn’t leave room for any sequels, and yet here comes number four, minus the original cast. To say I was worried would be a bit of an understatement. Then the Super Bowl teaser happened and we had official confirmation of the Dinobots. I was on board. This first full trailer further helped solidify my faith in the film, although it was really the next trailer that sold me 100%. Still, for just a teaser, this got me interested in the film that I still call my personal favorite in the series.

4 Likes

They might have been trying not to spoil Sentinel’s betrayal. I’m glad they didn’t, because I think that was surprising and well-done.

Same. I honestly thought about passing AOE, but once I saw that shot of Optimus directing Grimlock with his sword, I knew I just had to see it then. I was not disappointed.

Well, mostly. While every scene with Grimlock and company eating up KSI drones like peanuts was a joy to watch, the Dinobot’s shouldn’t have been the main focus of the marketing, what with them only showing up at the end. That should have gone to Lockdown. Hopefully they learn from their mistake and 1). Give the Dinobots more time and some voice actors, and 2). Not hype up a character/scene/plot device/whatever that only shows up at the end for a few minutes total.

Also, Frank Welker voicing Megatron/Galvatron again was awesome! I hope he returns for the Last Knight (he probably is, but it hasn’t been confirmed yet so you never know).

2 Likes

Agreed, although sources have said that Bay didn’t want the Dinobots in 4, but Hasbro forced them in. So really they just played with the hand they were dealt.

Heck yeah it was. I remember seeing BTS stuff for TF2007 where Bay was saying that the original voice for Megs was just silly and not threatening, so he went with Hugo Weaving instead. Thankfully, Prime allowed Welker to update the voice to where it’s the original recognizable voice, but much more sinister now. So glad we get to hear that on the big screen The “That is why I have no fear!” line gave me the chills.

1 Like

I guess that’s what happens when your main goal for your movie is to advertise another company’s product. I’m still glad they made it into the movie at all.

Not that Hugo Weaving was bad or anything, right? He played the whole “ruthless, genocidal, psychotic warlord” thing quite well, I think. Still, nothing beats Welker when it comes to Megatron’s voice.

1 Like

No, he wasn’t bad. He was actually a pretty great choice, but it’s become pretty clear that Weaving just doesn’t care about Transformers in the slightest. It’s just a pay check to him, and I would much rather have someone that’s passionate about the role actually play the part.

3 Likes

I would, too.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was estatic when I heard that Welker would be Galvatron…but then Galvatron sucked.

I really hope TF5 Megatron is good…

2 Likes

He looks awesome, that’s for sure! Though he doesn’t look like he could be the three-headed predacon like some people are saying. Unless he still does the KSI-style of transforming. That could also explain how he looks different.

1 Like

I think this is actually my favorite Megatron design now. Move over TFP Megs, there’s a new king in town!

3 Likes

I really like the look of this Megs, but he just…doesn’t seem Megatron-y enough…ya know? maybe that could change when the film comes out. He seems too sleek and proportionate, rather then the hulking beast he was in the first three films. Now they could be trying to do something like TFP Megs, but he needs more bulk for that.

2 Likes

To me, he looks like a cross between his G1 design (mainly he fusion cannon on his forearm) and his ROTF design (the colors, spikes, the helmet/battle mask).

He looks a lot like Optimus now, actually. When I saw his silhouette in the trailer, the only way I knew it was Megatron and not Prime was the fusion cannon and the red eyes.

1 Like

Well he basically has the same face as his original form in 2007, but with MoCo-like tusks that form a face-mask. The body is basically a redesign of Galvatron from AoE (shoulders and legs are very similar).

[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:202, topic:19445”]
He looks a lot like Optimus now
[/quote]

Since DotM they’ve really been on this kick of wanting Megs to be an evil version of Optimus, hence the truck form in DotM.

3 Likes