Transformers Live-Action Movies

technically, he has escaped through every movie from death, limping away or getting away off screen by the end, so unless they kill him for reals, it’s gonna be another hit and run

2 Likes

Maybe Bumblebee will finish the job this time…

Also, we got our first look at the Mini-Dinobots. They’re not the velociraptors from the AOE concept art though, which is kind of a bummer. Instead, they’re miniature versions of Grimlock, Slug, and Strafe.

Oh well. At least they’re kinda cute (as cute as a spike-covered, fire-breathing, metal dinosaur can be)?

3 Likes

I would say more of mini swoop since there’s only one head but I guess

1 Like

I don’t think those are the actual small dinobots in the movie

I think that’s just a promotional thing

2 Likes

My bad. Guess I should do my research next time.

Looks like robot velociraptor’s back on the menu, boys!

EDIT 2/12/17: Some pictures of Slash’s TLK toy, as well as Grimlock’s have been leaked. They’re both unfortunately repaints of their AOE toys, but at least Americans now have a 100%( movie-accurate Grimlock and we can all get a Slash that isn’t neon.

2 Likes

I really like his new colors.

Not sure if I’ll pick up up though.

2 Likes

groan

I was really hoping for updated, better Dinobot toys…

2 Likes

Same. Other than Barricade, the Berserker, Slash’s new colors, and maybe the Masterpiece Bumblebee, TLK’s toyline is looking pretty disappointing.

Toy Fair’s happening this weekend. Hopefully we get some more exciting reveals then.

EDIT 2/17/17: Looks like some of those “exciting reveals” came early! TFW2005 has a few pictures of a prototype (possibly voyager class) Megatron, as well as a Beast Hunters Ultra Predaking-esque toy of the Predacon Hydra from that poster we got a while back!

Another Edit 2/17/17: you can see the finished Megatron (which is actually a leader class toy) in the background of this picture, along with a slew of other TLK products.

Edit 2/23/17: here’s a link to BWTF’s gallery of the TLK toys shown at toy fair.

1 Like

Quite pleased with the TLK Megatron’s. The Voyager and Leader class versions look amazing. Finally we get a movie-verse Megatron with a good robot and vehicle form.

Leader;

Voyager;

We also have this version of Megatron who appears to have a similar helmet to G2 Makuta, which i thought was rather neat. Can easily see a Bionicle fan customising this into a G2 Makuta action figure.

4 Likes

I think I’ll be picking up Voyager Megs for sure. I’d probably get the leader, but the arm canon doesn’t look right on the leader. Loving the design though. If the movie is as good as these new toys then we’ll be in for one heck of a ride.

1 Like

Yeah, the arm on the leader figure is made from the cockpit of the jet form. Think its the same for the voyager version, but the voyager does a better job at hiding it.

Hope the movie is good, the trailer was rather crazy - getting a Unicron vibe from most the imagery. Hopefully we get the massive planet thing as a figure.

2 Likes

@kaho his name is jetfire. And yeah I thought he was pretty funny too.

I honestly think The Last Knight is going to be different. I know that’s what everybody who still gives this series a chance says about each new film, but all this talk about the writer’s room expanding the mythos, taking inspiration from past comics and cartoons, and “shattering the core myths of the franchise and redefining what it means to be a hero”, number 5 really does look like a new beginning for the series.

1 Like

Yeah I agree. I really like the new special effects and I like the new dialogue

1 Like

Those Megatrons look promising.

I’ll wait for a review to see if they’ll be worth getting.

I hope we get another Leader Class Optimus Prime, the last one we got was… bad.

3 Likes

well other than the shadow spark release we’re getting that new voyager Optimus but otherwise IDK about the leader fig they might have

Another leader class Optimus was shown at Toy Fair, but unfortunately it’s just a repaint of the other AOE mold (the one Shadow Spark Prime is a repaint of). The deco looks great, but I was hoping for a “Knight Mode” Optimus that didn’t have an obnoxious backpack.

5 Likes

Such a shame, I love the Knight Prime and would totally buy a toy…

heck, if they made a good model kit I would look into it.

4 Likes

Yeah, but if they’d make a good movie, that would be something else wouldn’t it :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes