Transformers Live-Action Movies

DMK03 is a pretty neat kit.

6 Likes

Combiners are back in the movies, guys! And they don’t have… soft spots… this time!

Yeah, he’s mostly a bunch of repaints/retools, but at least Quintessa’s been confirmed!

2 Likes

at least it’s not CW retools/repaints

3 Likes

Hoping to see a clearer pic of that soon
I’m interested in seeing where this is all headed

1 Like

I’m interested in what canopy is going to be like in the movie, he looks cool.

1 Like

judging from the trailer

he will have no personality and will die instantly

also he’s actually a long haul remold

4 Likes

The extended version of the KCA trailer is out! The video I found is freaking out, so i’ll just leave a link to Isabel Moner’s facebook page. It’ll be on there.

1 Like

Same
Like, there are certain ones I dislike (DOTM Shockwave, ROTF Devestator, Starscream) and others I’m lukewarm towards (Ratchet, Megatron, ect.) but for the most part I really like the more complex look, so long as they don’t go overboard and leave some recognizable areas. It’s also for that reason I wasn’t a fan of the AoE designs as much; felt like they went too far in making them look human, resulting in really creepy faces and robot modes that lacked even a hint of the vehicles they supposedly turned into. Crosshairs was okay, though, I liked that one well enough

As for the movies in general, I loved and still love the first one, I have mixed feelings on DOTM, and I hate ROTF and AoE. The sequels took all the minor quibbles with the first one and turned them into massive problems, while systematically erasing a lot of the things that made that one good.

Agreed

I really really really hope that it can improve
I’m not expecting it, but I can still hope

Aw yeh
I was joking the other day about how Barricade’s presence is the real determining factor for the movies
In 2007 he played a fairly big role, and the movie was good
In DOTM he had a minor speaking role, and the movie was decent enough
In ROTF and AoE he was absent entirely, and we know how that turned out

Hopefully

Amen

Beast Wars was actually my first proper introduction to the franchise, back in 2006, (I’d seen the occasional bit of stuff from Armada before that, but I wasn’t really as into that) and then the 2007 movie the next year was my introduction to the more “classic” characters, so I kind of have a bit of both perspectives

2 Likes

This
I don’t hate him
But I feel like they’re shooting themselves in the foot by going so aggressive with him; everyone’s sick of him, myself included. If they’d let up on that I feel like there wouldn’t be nearly as much knee-jerk hatred for the name

Ooh, I’d be cool with that
I really like how they presented his personality in ROTF; he was one of the movie’s few good traits
Farting Parachutes aside

That’s one of the reasons I’m feeling hopeful
The other being the new writers

I’d actually be cool with it if it is Unicron, 'cause it looks awesome, but at the same time I’m kinda hoping it’s something completely new to Transformers that hasn’t been done before

This is another reason I’m feeling optimistic about this one

Yesssss

I hope they have a bit of the original Optimus theme somewhere in there
I love all the scores, but I will say the first movie is my favorite on that front as well; the frequent use of background chanting and this little guitar… kibble, for lack of a better word, just really helped the atmosphere so much.

Songs like “Optimus” and “Bumblebee” even now give me this feeling of a warm summer night
And one that isn’t discussed so often, my personal favorite track would have to be “Sam on the Roof”, specifically the latter half

Throughout the movie there was this chanting; sometimes ominous, sometimes heroic
And this track feels like the culimation of all of that, with the two chants coming together with the familiar autobot theme on violin, just bringing everything together for this small but important piece of defiance: “I’m never giving you this Allspark!”

Sorry, geeked out there
But yeah, it really is amazing how well the first movie holds up IMO

I’ll admit it
The two main draws (along with various stuff like new writers making me feel good about this in general) are the giant broken jungle planet that may or may not be Unicron, and seeing Megatron hopefully at his best. I really love the new design; it feels like the perfect compromise between his '07 Movie and G1 designs.

This would be really cool, to be honest; hoping this is the route they take

Or Nautica

This
I still love the first movie, but it does really bother me how quickly Jazz died without much screentime, now that I’ve become familiar with other versions of the character. That and the “Bumblebee peeing on Simmons” scene were the only things I can say I truly dislike about that one.
At least Ironhide got some good moments before his death; I think he’s one of my favorite of the movieverse characters

RIP the Arc

I’ll admit, I’m not really fond of this idea, or of Squeeks
I guess I’ll see how they’re handled in the movie, but it seems like a blatant Kid-Appeal marketing move

However the movie turns out, I’m buying the crap out of the leader toy when it hits shelves

I’m kinda hoping this is just a toy thing and not in the actual movie, not really a fan of that design

2 Likes

That is clearly just an up-scaling of the Prime Legion Class Terracons, which makes me doubt its existence in the movie, and if it does appear in the film, it’ll probably look different. That said, I think the combined mode looks pretty dope.

2 Likes

New (awesome) poster!

3 Likes

Down below on the poster, you can clearly see AoE Optimus on one side and another figure on the other. That other figure looks very similar to Movie 1 Megatron with a sword. Maybe OP and Megatron had even been to Earth before.

I WANT THIS MOVIE NOW and the toys.

4 Likes

I noticed that, too. If it is Megatron (and it most likely is), I wonder why they used his old design as opposed to his new one? And what’s with that modified Decepticon logo? There’s a ton of cool stuff going on in this poster and I can’t wait to see it all explained in the movie!

Amen to that!

Also, here’s something I forgot to put in my last post.

1 Like

The last thing we need is more retcons in this series that make less and less sense.

7 Likes

Well, Lockdown’s mention of ‘knights and your crusades’ obviously has history to it. It could easily be seen that Optimus, Sentinel, and Megatron were all Knights (we know Optimus was), and they were on Earth at some point, and the Knight’s logo ended up being the Decepticon logo in the war.

So, new idea for history:

Quintessons burn Earth with seeds. Make TFs using All Spark. TFs kick Quintessons off planet. 13 Primes search for new energy sources. The Fallen becomes the Fallen. Sentinel leads Cybertron. Sentinel, Optimus, and Megatron join (maybe?) several species Knights club that fights Predacons (?). Fight takes them back to Earth again in the times of King Arthur. The legend of the TFs ends up on a shield (this new poster) and Excalibur is Cybertronian. Megatron turns evil and wants the All Spark. War goes on for a long time. Megatron and Sentinel make a pact to betray Optimus and keep All Spark for themselves. Sentinel tells the Autobots to prep the cube for being launched into space and secretly sets coordinates for Earth. Sentinel leaves the planet in the Ark but Starscream (because this would mean he actually does something in these films) and his troops shoot down the Ark by mistake since all Megatron said was to ‘go after it’. War goes on for a bit longer. Optimus has the cube launched into space and Megatron follows, because he knows where it’s going. He lands in the arctic and is frozen. All Spark lands in precolonial NA. Captain Witwicky finds Megatron in the arctic around the same time the cube is found in Nevada. Ark (having drifted through space) lands on the moon in 1965. Kennedy starts to learn of alien plot and is killed on Soundwave’s orders (because that would be really cool). Autobots and Decepticons arrive in early 2000s. Movies happen.

Sometime during all of this, Lockdown ends up with the Knight Ship and the Quintessons tell him to round up the Knights. Jetfire arrives on Earth.

And as for the ‘Carbon dating puts the cube here around whatever B.C.’ line from TF1, well, carbon dating is wrong in that instance. It’s an alien cube. Instruments were scrambled. Boom. No plot holes story.

3 Likes

While this would be a cool idea, the opening narration of the first movie conflicts with it. Optimus calls Earth an “unknown planet”, and he is surprised to learn of the Primes’ history on Earth in ROTF. Other than that, your theory is pretty solid and doesn’t really conflict with any of the pre-established EU (the parts that are canon, at least). I’m sure there is some way to explain Optimus’ apparent amnesia. Maybe, when the Dynasty hid him from the Fallen, they wiped his memory (and probably Megatron’s, too, unless he’s a really good liar)?

1 Like

Unknown maybe only to the majority of Cybertronians, but not the Primes?

1 Like

Ahh yes, Cogman the headmaster, he looks really cool, or she, since we saw a MoCap actress following Cade around, which I suposse was cogman

2 Likes

does any one know why megatron is himself again instead of ‘galvatron’,I mean i’m not conplaing since I hate the fact that galvatron was made by humans in the live action franchise but i’m very puzzled as to why the producers made this move on the character.

4 Likes

Maybe they realized that nobody liked galvatron and just replaced him without any story kinda like they did with mikeala banes aka Megan fox in the live action movies

5 Likes