Transformers Live-Action Movies

Well looks like John Cena is going to be in the Bumblebee Movie, and they moved to Dec. 21, 2019 so around the some time as with Aquaman Movie.

3 Likes

Well, considering there’s not a Star Wars movie in that December slot anymore, that’s not necessarily a bad movie. John Cena being in it makes it seem too memey, though.

Why must wrestlers be forced into everything?

2 Likes

Because wrestlers are pretty good actors; it’s their profession. :wink:

8 Likes

I’m indifferent about John Cena’s casting. I haven’t seen enough of his movies to have an opinion on him. I am happy about the December 2018 release, though. That gives plenty of time for them to film and edit the movie. As much as I loved TLK, the editing did feel choppy in a lot of places, and I hope the extra few months will alleviate that issue for the Bumblebee movie.

1 Like

lets make a bonecrusher standalone film starring dwayne the rock johnson and jaden smith

3 Likes

ooo, and Adam Sandler can direct!

1 Like

I just watched transformers the last knight, and Im going to say it was MY FAVORITE, IT WAS AMAZING! again, that’s just my opinion, it’s far from perfect, BUT IT WAS SO GOOD

3 Likes

To me tlk felt like one of those anime movies where they stuff an entire season into a movie

7 Likes

So I finally watched the Last Knight, and here something werid-

I could pick out many problems with it, such as terrible dialogue, many plotholes, squeaks and Bella being useless for the most part, and even some technical issues like them forgetting to animate the rest of Bumblebee’s body in one shot (Specifically when he was laying down on the table and the camera was pointing to the front of his head) and how disappointing the evil Optimus thing was because it didn’t really matter in the long run (then again. that’s kind of to be expected with these films cough Dinobots cough)

Despite all of this, I still somehow didn’t hate this film.

I don’t know, there were still some things I actually found a few things I enjoyed about it-most specifically Cogman and Anthony Hopkins’ characters The latter of which was one of the few times I actually felt something when a character in this movie series died

Would I still recommend it to non fans? Probably not. But at the same time I don’t think it’s the horrible film everyone says it is.

5 Likes

Yeah
It’s not good, but neither is it really bad… just an enjoyable mess. I think it suffers from being three different movies jammed together haphazardly into one.

3 Likes

I found it a semi enjoyable mess for a while

but honestly as I’ve thought about it more, I’ve just started to dislike it more and more

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking. Do you think Quintessa rebuilt Galvatron into Megatron? That could explain why he looks heavily cybertronian again, as well as the knight motif. Maybe she also brought back Barricade. She said she’s the Prime of Life, right? This may already be an established theory, I have no idea. I’m relatively new to transformers lore.

3 Likes

I think Megatron did meet Quintessa some time after AOE. How else could he have known about the Staff? And he has that splash of red paint on his face that Nemesis Prime had. How the two met is anyone’s guess, and they should have addressed that in the film.

Barricade, on the other hand, was confirmed to have barely survived the Chicago battle.

5 Likes

My money is on that she reached out to galvatron as he’s proven quite loyal to cybertron when he was megs

3 Likes

Hasbro announced at an investor’s conference yesterday that the Bumblebee Movie will be the last film in the current cinematic universe. All work on Transformers 6 (and presumably the CGI Prequel, Transformers One) has stopped. Hasbro said that Paramount is working on a reboot, but we likely won’t see another TF film until after 2021.

Looks like the series is ending on a big cliffhanger.

4 Likes

YES.

OH MY GOODNESS YES.

YESYESYES.

THANK YOU!

Do you have a source?

4 Likes

While I hate things ending on cliffhangers, it’s probably for the best. TLK had a chance to tie everything into a nice bow and set everything up for a grand finale, but it just royally screwed that up. Cautiously opptimistic for Bumblebee, because new director, so we’ll see how that goes. I hope we still get that Studio Series of figures… they look nice.

3 Likes

I still think we will. They’ve already made the first two waves of toys, if I’m not mistaken. I guess Studio Series will be a “last hurrah” for the movies.

2 Likes

I’ve seen speculation it’ll also serve as more toys for the Bee movie considering you can only make so many toys for a movie that’s supposed to only feature a max of four Cybertronians. Bee movie will basically be Studio Series Wave 3 or something. Makes sense, and I think it’ll still happen, but I didn’t think they’d just end on a cliffhanger, so who knows. So many questions right now. Need answers. Hopefully we get some in the next few days.

1 Like

RIP the movies for now.

Here’s hoping it ends on a high note.

1 Like