Transformers Live-Action Movies

It’s a pipe dream, but maybe IDW could make a short series that wraps up the movieverse. I enjoyed the tie-ins the used to make, even if a lot of them have been retconned.

1 Like

I legit don’t give a hecc about some stupid cliffhanger. It’s time for celebration!

2 Likes

Is the idea that they’ll be rebooting it (or some kind of transformers-based property) or just cutting it off completely?

1 Like

Reboot is most likely. “Retooling” is the official phrasing being used right now, so it’s possible, however unlikely, that there’s just going to be major, MAJOR changes behind the scenes and TF6 will come out post-2021 to wrap up the story. More likely is that the people in charge will change and they’ll create a new movie verse. We already know Hasbro will have more creative control when it comes to movies going forward, so I’m thinking a reboot is the most likely thing to happen. This is basically the equivalent to Spider-Man or the X-Men coming back to MARVEL after being mismanaged for years by a studio that only wanted them for money, except that Paramount is still the distributor.

3 Likes

Inb4 Disney buys out Hasbro

2 Likes

False alarm, I guess. John Warden said in an interview at Toy Fair that the original article on Bleeding Cool was incorrect. Transformers 6 has merely been delayed and Boulder Media is presumably still working on Transformers One.

2 Likes

why

Everything was perfect

Why would you do this to me

4 Likes

So close.

So very close.

3 Likes

As long as we get a new director for six there’s good potential

3 Likes

Not necessarily a bad thing. More time to iron things out and make good products as long as Bay doesn’t come back into the director role. The good news is that we know for a fact that Hasbro will have more control over scripts going forward, which probably means whoever the next director is will be kept on a tighter leash than Bay was concerning what goes into the final cut. More story, less cringy adolescent humor.

5 Likes

It’s too much of a mess as is, it’s not worth saving. Burn it to the ground.

2 Likes

I really like bee’s new design.

4 Likes

My cautious optimism has turned into full on excitement. I’m glad the trailer went for emotion instead of cheap gags until the very end, because boy did it work on me. Really excited to see this now.

BRING ON THE TOYS!!!

3 Likes

YES! YEESSS! WOOHOOH!

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to it. I’m interested to see if it’ll be different now that Michael Bay isn’t directing.

Also, Starscream looks awesome. I love the G1-Movieverse hybrid look he has here.

4 Likes

A bit more excited now that I see Starscream is in the film… this version of Bumblebee is definitely feeling odd, seeing as I’m so used to the hyper-greebly Bay-version, but I think it probably works better in the long run since it’s easier to follow his movements. Hopefully it doesn’t end up like the movies with very little transformer screentime and will be a more even balance.

3 Likes

Very few explosions? An actual sense of character and emotion? Only two Transformers in the whole trailer, rather than fifty? And, most of all, no Michael Bay directing?

This may actually be decent…though my bar is set very low for this franchise, so it won’t need to do much to please me.

8 Likes

I have been trying to get into Transformers for a while now, but the movies don’t make it very easy. I’ve only seen the first and fourth one, though. This movie, however, may be a good fresh start.

Right now, the only two things I care about in that trailer is Bumblebee and Starscream, namely because they were my two favorites before.

Bumblebee looks… interesting… I don’t dislike the new look, and the fact that he actually still looks like a Volkswagen in robot form is pretty cool, but the proportions seem a little off. I’ll probably get used to it, or I just looked at it the wrong way, but that’s my opinion.

Starscream looks cool, I hope they don’t go for the weird-looking triangle-shape body like in the show and the movies, but I wouldn’t hate it if they did.

I’m kind of excited for this movie. It isn’t quite Boba Fett or Avengers 4, but as long as they don’t have both Galvatron and Lockdown, that’s a plus! Transformers 4 jokes aside, I have high hopes from this.

1 Like

First Seaspray, then Powerglide, and now Bee?

8 Likes

Maybe I’ll give it a shot.

1 Like