Transformers Live-Action Movies

I’m honestly more excited for the gi Joe movie for 2020, but I’ll be seeing bumblebee

4 Likes

These films are how I got into Transformers, when I was 7 or older I watched the first one , then ROTF and DOTM. I was captivated by what I viewed as a good series of films, though when I finally discovered the internet (and watched Age Of Extinction) , I discovered a YouTube channel called Dingocrikey who made interesting speculation videos about the fifth film, which I remember being INSANELY hyped for given the plot points introduced in AOE. My opinion of the films began to change, and I learned how critically panned they were and how the Transformers fandom views the films.

That only fueled the fire as I looked further into Transformers lore, hoping certain aspects would be in a film someday. As my TF obsession grew, the films began to lose their magic. I was duped pretty much, but in summary, these films are mediocre at best and horrible at worst and got me into Transformers.

But man, my disappointment in The Last Knight after…three years of hype is immeasurable.
The Bumblebee spinoff actually looks good tbh

3 Likes

Finally! They finally reboot it!

1 Like

OH BOI

If it’s a seeker like Starscream, has the same colors as Starscream, is a jet like Starscream, and has the same facial features as Starscream: it’s Blitzwing.

7 Likes

I can’t even fathom the fact it’s Blitzwing and not Starscream. If the colors were different I wouldn’t mind, but it’s crazy that it’s basically a perfect live-action representation of G1 Starscream and they call him Blitzwing?

Ridiculous.

6 Likes

Give Blitzwing his time in the spotlight

2 Likes

I’m all for Blitzwing playing a major role in a film after the success the had with the character in Animated, but give him his own design. They shouldn’t have to borrow Starscream’s to introduce him into the project.

2 Likes

That’s like defending if they talked all big about respecting the roots of Transformers lore for a movie, then took Bumblebee’s classic design and called him Blurr. It wouldn’t really be Blurr, because Blurr has a distinct design and personality and any real Transformers fan knows this. Same for this whole Starscream and Blitzwing issue.

I hate this “counter argument” so much, because it has no foundation to sit on. We’re all for lesser known bots getting big roles. I haven’t heard anyone complain about Blitzwing the character getting a lead role. The big deal is that it’s G1 Starscream with a name of a beloved and unique character that should have his qualities if he’s being represented in a movie.

They need to either give us Blitzwing as he’s meant to be (a purple and tan/yellow triple changer), or go all out and call this what it is (G1 Starscream). I mean, this is a movie that features triple changers, and Blitzwing isn’t a triple changer.

6 Likes

As far as we know, he could scan a tank later on in the film, but well said otherwise.

1 Like

Tell you what, if he starts out early on as a Seeker sent by Starscream to go after Bumblebee, scans a tank and gets his classic color scheme AND triple changing ability, that’ll redeem it all for me.

I hope this was all misdirection. Bonus points if Blitzwing and his bots fail halfway into the movie, forcing the current Decepticon leader: Starscream to come and take care of it all himself. Then I can have two of my favorite characters on screen, and hopefully an accurate representation of Starscream’s personality.

Less cowardly and submissive (Transformers 2007/RotF/DotM), more dominant, scheming, and upfront about his treachery (G1/Animated/Prime).

I’d also love if they gave Blitzwing his Transformers Animated personality changing.

2 Likes

I get the impression there was executive meddling going on. Travis Knight probably intended it to be Starscream, but someone up top thought general audiences would be confused by him not resembling a grey gorilla dorito, so made him change the name in post. Just goes to show how hobbled this film is by having to be a prequel.

I hope that they’ll at least be able to change the color scheme in post (Think Sentinel Prime in DotM; gold on the trailer but red in the movie proper) but I also would have preferred they go with an actual Seeker name as an alternative - there are lots to choose from, after all.

3 Likes

Skywarp would’ve been a fine bot to use.

2 Likes

Perhaps our boy Blitzwing has some sort of shape-shifting mimic ability? Like he’s imitating Starscream to seem more intimidating. (Assuming that Starscream is running the show because Megatron is out of the picture for the time being) Given that Starscream can’t be everywhere at once.

2 Likes

Thatd be interesting. I was hoping to see starscream though.

1 Like

YEEESSSS

8 Likes

I’m pretty excited just for the sheer amount of transformers we see in the trailer; hopefully it doesn’t turn out like a bay-film and end up being 95% humans and 5% transformers. Also, they fixed Optimus Prime’s voice from the teaser clip, so I’m happy about that.

3 Likes

I prefer the dotm soundwave, he’s more unique in design. As not everything needs to be g1

2 Likes

The new trailer…
##SCREAMS A 10/10!!!
This is Transformers! This is what I was waiting for! The best way to reboot the franchise! Can’t waaaaaait!!!

Just so y’all are aware, the Cybertron clips are likely only a fraction of the overall movie’s runtime. Bumblee, Shatter, Dropkick, and Blitzscream are the only characters of note, the rest here are probably just cameos. Don’t get your hopes up too much.

That being said, it’s pretty awesome to see the G1-inspired designs here.

3 Likes