Transformers Live-Action Movies

I have to wait almost one more week until Bubmlebee is released.
ONE WEEK!

2 Likes

I prefer pluggedin.com. They give more detailed reviews and rather than just parents, they’re pros

2 Likes

shrug
There’s lots of good sites out there.
Each man to his own.

Hah, from suits? Never. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, it’s like asking a politician for one

My interpretation of events is this: the suits have banked on Knight to do this well, and he seems to have the support of the fanbase. And so, they have a decision to make depending on how well this film does at the box office thanks to this:
“A Transformers 6 was planned as the sequel to The Last Knight, due for release in June 2019, but in February 2018, it was announced that the film had been cancelled and that the live-action films would be “reset.” What this means at this time is unknown.”
Any future transformers movies at this time, including 6, are off of Hasbro’s announced slated releases for the foreseeable future (going up to 2021), so a reboot of some kind clearly seems to be in order.

The suits have two options:

1. If the film does well, this can be the starting point, and future movies can build up from here, riding on the wave of its success which is honestly what I expect, but you never know with this stuff

2. It’s a box office flop, and they can just palm it off to the already sinking, incoherent mess of a “plot” which makes up the bayverse, and simply jump ship to an entirely new continuity.

They can’t definitively properly say either way because it’s still in flux, and actually saying things could be bad because of being under oath or whatever.

Just my thoughts though, shrug

3 Likes

The Last Knight sold well!

So I’m probably going to see Bumblebee today. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

???

I mean, that didn’t have anything to do with what I said…?

Also, if we’re really talking about the sales of the last knight, its worldwide gross (because let’s be honest, the domestic has been dropping ever since the second one released) earned less than the first one did, the one that sold the least out of the bunch up to that point (revenge of the fallen sold even better, and since then they’d all hit above the one billion ceiling), which makes sense as the first two goes around it wouldn’t necessarily be so familiar and the focus wasn’t so heavily on the foreign market it relied on yet - but that’s another story.

In relation to its previous success, the film was a heavy step down when it came to earnings.

1 Like

My bad, guess I didn’t make the joke clear. I was making fun of how after Bionicle G2 was cancelled, Lego oddly said it “sold well,” despite it being obvious that it didn’t. What you said about the suits being under oath reminded me of that.

3 Likes

Ah, right, I getcha :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, I’ve been kinda frazzled lately :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, saw Bumblebee, and I actually loved it!

6 Likes

Agreed. It’s the first transformers movie I’ve genuinely enjoyed since transformers the movie. Now hopefully we’ll get a better series for it to be a prequel to.

4 Likes

Agreed; The ending where bumblebee drives off wasn’t just sad because he was leaving her, it was also sad because he was heading for much worse movies.

1 Like

I’m not to sure it will

4 Likes

Bee still has lots of time in theaters, as it’s only been out for roughly a week at this point. Holiday releases can sometimes find legs through the new year. Look at Jumanji 2 for instance. That movie made bonkers money, but not at first.

And even then, Paramount might be willing to go with a slight monetary loss for the sake of good PR and make a Bee sequel or Prime solo film that would bring in more instant-cash because of the good graces the last installment got.

2 Likes

While this is fair, movies typically make the most money in the first week if I remember correctly

1 Like

This is usually true 95% of the time during the year.

The winter holiday season is a little bit different. There’s a reason (minus the last couple years with Star Wars releases) that holidays are usually filled with family films and comedies. The week between Christmas and New Years, and the first week of the year often sees big business.

However, there is some fair competition this season. Between the rerelease of Mary Poppins, Man-Who-Talks-With-Surfer-Fish, and the best Spider-Man movie, Bee is at risk of being lost in the shuffle. There not being a Star Wars this holiday season made everyone swarm in an effort to fill that spot, and because of that, there is several potential contenders for that top spot instead of just one or the other. Not to mention films that have been out awhile like the animated Sorta Grouchy Green Guy movie and Ralph Breaks the Plot.

Although, the film has not opened in China yet, so it may not matter how much it makes domestically.

7 Likes

It’ll certainly make more, but will it make over the ~$70 million required to make it profitable? This I doubt

The movie will be in theatres for at least one month. In this mounth it will sure get another $70 million if not even more. I remember back in 2017 the Beauty and the Beast remake was in theatres for like 3 months in which it made $1.5 billion. So, you can’t except a movie to get more then it’s budget in it’s first week.

Honestly I wish Paramount would have played their cards differently, and found a better time to release it, somewhere where it can really be seen and appreciated by the masses. But with Disney and co. And their unrelenting release schedule, Bee would probably have to fight for it’s life regardless.

4 Likes

I just saw Bumblebee.
And I dare to call it perfect.

5 Likes

At least by micheal bay live action standards.

1 Like