Transformers Live-Action Movies

I really want to see it but I might have to wait for amazon.

2 Likes

It’d be sub-par by those standards, there weren’t as many explosions.
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s a bad thing?

2 Likes

No
It’s good, it means less violence.

1 Like

And more actual plot; what’s the problem here?

2 Likes

There isn’t one, I was just stating that fans of Michael Bay might be dissapointed.

1 Like

Well it’s not a bay movie. It’s why I’m sure I’m not the only real transformers fan that wants the whole universe rebooted.

Honestly I’d say that’s the worst part if the movie. There were plans of megatron showing up in that flashback battle and going pure beast on the autobots but becuase of the first movie we never saw that.

3 Likes

Honestly I think the action in the movie, even if the quantity was smaller, was of greater quality than in the later Bay films. It’s nice to be able to tell what’s actually happening for once.

1 Like

I’m not a transformer fan, but I have liked transformers before, have some of the toys from my childhood, etc., but I can say I’d be far more interested if it wasn’t for Bay

1 Like

Just saw Bumblebee today, and I have to say, it was great. I liked all of it, and the Cybertron scenes were spectacular.

7 Likes

Man, I forgot about this topic :stuck_out_tongue:

Given the uncertainty of where the franchise goes from here, I’ve been keeping a very close eye on Bumblebee’s earnings, and according to the CEO of Viacom basically the biggest cheese there is: Paramount is owned by Viacom it did good. Considering its competition and the fact that Bumblebee still managed to hold a spot in the top 3 for a while, I’m more than inclined to agree - so I can’t see there being a problem on that front. The director and screenwriter already have ideas for future movies that build on from here, starting everything fresh and ignoring the old TF continuity entirely (considering they basically ignore the existence of the Allspark, again, and the ending raises a lot of questions on how well this actually meshes with the later films, and it’s not just the aesthetic choices).

And honestly, after this, I’m pumped. I loved this film :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Well hopefully this is the final answer on reboot vs prequel

12 Likes

I saw it a while ago but from what I remember it screams reboot, the timelines are all different, they don’t fit in to the bayverse main line of movies (which even then don’t have the best continuity).

Personally I’d just want to see more cybertron and G1 styled Transformers.

3 Likes

Well, there go my hopes for Bay’s Unicron, a character with a penchant for chaos and destruction much like that of the director.

3 Likes

That’s the one plotline I’m both happy and sad we’ll never see play out. On one hand unicron is an absolute beast in general but on the other hand I’m convinced Bay would find some way to screw him up.

3 Likes

Doesn’t he always? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

YES!

IMO the first one stinks partly because they made Bumblebee take a piss on John Tuturro!

And in all seriousness who actually likes Patrick Dempsey I mean ‘Dylan Gould’ from Dark Of The Moon like what were they thinking?

Hollywood, 2011

“Alright, let’s discuss antagonists for Transformers 3!”
“Oh I have an idea!”
“What is it?”
“Let’s have soundwave! We’ve been hyping hm up in the previous movie!”
“And finally have Shockwave!”
“But let’s not have any of them as the main villain!”
“No of course not”
“No, let’s have Patrick Dempsey as our main antagonist!”
“Wait as playing Megatron?”
“Of course not, that would suck”
“Not as bad as Frank Welker!”
“Ahahahah!”
“Yeah let’s have him just play some random human antagonist!”

The first first movie had its quirks and stupid scenes but honestly as a big dumb action movie it kinda worked. Unfortunately the series never matured at all to the point the fifth movie was plain boring even as a random action flick.

Oh yeah then there was Optimus basically becoming closer to his shattered glass counterpart with every movie.

3 Likes

Huh

2 Likes

Here’s hoping he doesn’t confuse us again in the next two weeks by saying they aren’t working on but haven’t ruled out a TF6…

Because that’s been the cycle for awhile now :joy:

2 Likes