Transformers Live-Action Movies

It just…does not work as a sequel to Prime. Prime had a dark, yet still fun tone to it…RID just seems like a generic kids show.

Now you could say “Well, it is meant for younger audiences” And I would reply with this…

“Why make it a sequel to Prime?”

Younger kids are just going to have problems understanding it, newcomers will be confused. and the show itself can’t make up its mind on being a sequel, a reboot, or its own thing entirely.

2 Likes

Eh, the drastic change in design and how the decepticons were all animals turned me away from RID

2 Likes

The moment I saw the style and character designs, I knew it wasn’t going to be as good as Prime. Prime was almost flawless. RID is flawed, but it’s not that bad when you consider; it’s a toy advertisement, and a pretty good one when you look at it that way.

I think they didn’t just want to kill off the Aligned Continuity. It has been extremely popular, so I’m assuming they did was they could to continue it but weren’t able to replicate Prime (it was pretty dark, which doesn’t always sell great with kids, the primary demographic). I sort of view it how I do the bonus issues for IDW; just to keep things going, and supply the readers with more information when they can’t make the full series how they’d want to.

The RID Decepticons are lame

Really lame. Overbite was kinda hilarious, but none of them are great characters at all.

3 Likes

Hey, Starscream’s back. We can only hope others will follow.

It is kinda laughable that the RID cons are portrayed as “the worst of the worst” of the Decepticon army. Knockout is more intimidating than most of them.

5 Likes

Knockout is BA.

Every Decepticon should be Knockout.

Seriously, he’s one of the best characters in any Transformers show I’ve seen.

3 Likes

Bruh, Knockout was scary when he needed to be. Sure he could be comedic, but he could also be dramatic, threatening, creepy, ETC.

3 Likes

He struck me as more of a comedy-relief character, but he did have some moments where he was truly menacing. I can’t think of a specific example, I haven’t watched Prime in about a year.

2 Likes

That was one of amazing parts of Prime, they did not have a comic relief character, everyone was funny, everyone was sad, everyone was epic and dynamic and all those good things.

3 Likes

Yeah. Every character was believable and wasn’t confined to a certain “role” like funny-bot, grumpy doctor, ECT. Even Optimus Prime; usually the stoic, noble leader, had moments where he “snapped”. Like in the One Shall Stand arc.

1 Like

Okay…than @RaptorTalon you getting off-topic with Aligned nonsense, Also did I told you that we’ve got a trailer of TF: TLK on this same of Rouge One.

3 Likes

This is news to me! They usually wait until February or so.

I mean

It’s not entirely on topic, but we’re actually on topic when you look at it this way; we’re saying what we would like in a Transformers series, and therefore, a movie as well. Sharing what we liked about a continuity retroactively shows what we disliked about another.

4 Likes

I love Prime, I love the Cybertron games

I hate the continuity because neither of those should be in the same universe, it is so stupid and they don’t match up at all

3 Likes

I don’t see why they don’t…

Sure the designs are different, but you can just say “Reformatting” or “different artists” and it makes sense.

1 Like

there are so many inconsistencies

-the autobots on the ark
-the fact that cliffjumper was on the ark in FOC
-Cliffjumper’s personality in both
-Megatron’s motivation behind the war
-Megatron acting as though he’d never seen dark energon in the beggining of Prime, except if this was in the continuity, he did in WFC

there is such a massive list of things wrong with it, there’s a 20 minute video on how it doesn’t match

4 Likes

I love that thumbnail.

4 Likes

Steve Jablonsky confirmed that he is working on a remake of the track “Prime” from Revenge of the Fallen for the Last Knight. I hope this means the rest of TF5’s score is inspired by the first two movies. While I enjoy all of Steve’s work, those two had the best score in my opinion.

2 Likes

yee, if there is one good thing I can say about the movies is the music is top notch

Lockdown’s theme is :ok_hand:

4 Likes

To be honest, the OST is one of ROTF’s only redeeming qualities for me. Steve Jablonsky is truly a talented composer, and the movies would be much worse without him.

3 Likes

My favorite soundtrack would have to be Age of Extinction, but Arrival to Earth will always hold a place in my heart.

3 Likes