Transformers Live-Action Movies

Time to have fun referencing things!

5 Likes

I remember that episode.

I loved the part where Spike jousts against Rumble where Rumble rides the noble Starscream as his steed :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Well, it’s here. Looks great to me, but I guess we’ll find out in 2017.

5 Likes

When the trailer comes out: Zomg this movie looks great it will be better than the other films

When the movie comes out: that was the worst movie i’ve ever seen

And we haven’t learned after 10 YEARS!!!

4 Likes

I’m still praying that it’s good. Everything from the creative side seems like they were working their hardest to make a good film, and to me, this trailer seems like the movie has a lot of promise. Of course the Suicide Squad trailers are now famous for masking a bad film, so like I said, we’ll have to wait and see.

2 Likes

I have had a pretty disappointing day, but the trailer fixed all of that. This looks like it could be good…Likely not, but I kinda want to see it as soon as I can. The Trailer looks fantastic, and I would imagine that planet eating planet can only be one thing…

2 Likes

It will take a lot of guts, but I won’t watch the trailer. I won’t look at this topic. I must hold out…

good trailer, probably the best TF trailer to be honest

but ROTF had a good trailer so I don’t really fall for that

2 Likes

Well, there has been a discernible pattern to these movies, now that I think about it (in terms of general fan assumptions about quality):

TF1 is mostly good
TF2 is mostly bad
TF3 is somewhat good
TF4 is really bad

So the pattern goes good, bad, good, bad–that bodes well for The Last Knight, if the pattern holds true…

I liked the trailer, but it’s not hard to make a good trailer, even if the movie is sub-par. Seems like there’ll be a few interesting developments, though…

4 Likes

I am just worried it will get over-crowded.

We have the Autobots, Decepticons, Humans wanting to kill Transformers, humans that want to save Transformers, Cade, Lennox, Epps. Izabelle, Unicron, Optimus doing his thing (killing Bee or whatever) Dinobots, king Arthur, Nazi’s, Winston churchhill, the creators, and Hot Rod.

3 Likes

We all know what’s going to happen, the film will make a billion dollars, we’ll have more of these, and the Transformers name will forever be stained with these bad movies.

1 Like

I think that will just be back story stuff like JFK and the moon prep from DotM.

It’ll be fine if it’s crowded as long as every character gets a moment to shine. If The Avengers can have 6+ heroes/villains get fair amounts of time devoted to them and work, then it can work for TF.

Still don’t understand why people overwhelming think it’s terrible. Yes, there was some terrible stuff in it (Romeo/Juliet, random non-edited screens, the boyfriend), but overall I thought it was actually the best Transformers yet in terms of story. It built on the story of the previous three and used that to give Optimus Prime a character arc. Cade was much more likable than Sam, Stanley Tucci was a cool foil for Cade, and the other Autobots had personality. Also Dinobot charge scene.

Why is it considered to be so bad?!?!

3 Likes

I think its considered bad due to its length.

For me, it’s mostly because I had a hard time actually figuring out what the movie was trying to do. Is it about Lockdown hunting down Prime for the Creators? Is it about Megatron’s return? Is it about humans trying to destroy the Transformers because of all the crap they’ve gone through? Is it about the Dinobots? Is it about an inventor who’s trying to revamp his life and gets caught up in an alien war?

The problem is that all of those things are in there, but the movie just throws them together, and none of them get their due attention. We know so little about Lockdown, the Creators, and the Dinobots, which makes their inclusion seem unnecessary, and the human plot never really goes anywhere (aside from Optimus and Cade’s little arc, which was maybe the best part about it), as even after the final battle ends, the status quo is essentially the same on all sides, aside from Optimus leaving. There’s no real change from beginning to end.

I’m not saying it’s the worst movie ever (I had fun when I saw it in the theaters), but I don’t think it’s the best Transformers movie.

3 Likes

When I saw it for the first time (and every time since) I’ve always looked at that stuff and wondered about it, but figured it was just set up for future sequels to explain. AoE was a very set-up movie similar to Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Warcraft. It had it’s own standalone story to tell (Humans are angry at the TFs and that leads to Megatron’s return, all the while Mark Whalberg get’s thrown in) while also including story elements to generate future sequels (Lockdown, Dinobots, and the Creators). This created the plot of the film, and I felt that everything got it’s fair screen time.

I kinda wonder if the people that don’t like AoE and Warcraft because of the sequel generating stuff in it also don’t like The Force Awakens, because the critics sure liked it more than Transformers (although admittedly there wasn’t a single annoying character in Episode VII and everyone was very likable, unlike AoE).

1 Like

I think you are being a little dramatic. Their is plenty of other Transformers media besides the Bayformers movies. There are literally thousands of comics books and multiple TV shows like Prime and RID. The movies are only a part of the brands’ image, and Transformers will not be Ruined FOREVER by them. People said the same thing about G2 and Beast Machines, and here we are 30 years later and Transformers is still going strong.

2 Likes

Thats a debatable topic, but for a different place.

there’s a lot more than those

now these videos are mostly comedic but at the same time they have a lot of actual complaints

2 Likes

I haven’t seen AoE since theaters, so I’ll probably rewatch it to weigh the faults with the…strengths.

1 Like

Oh gosh, yeah, I’m familiar with CinemaSins. I watch everything they come out with for the lolz and even agree with most of what they say, but I just don’t agree with a lot of what they say about the TF movies. While I thought the bonus rounds for AoE were hysterical (soooo many american flags :joy:), and realize the videos are made mainly for comedic value, it seems like there’s just too much personal bias against the director to actually recognize anything good from the films.

For instance they did Finding Dory today. I really disagreed with what they said in that one, but still found some of what they said to be funny. They started a podcast a few months back and listen to that every week. Even though I know they would rant and rave the entire time, I kinda wish they would spend an entire episode talking about the TF movies just to get all of their opinions on all of them in one place.

They did say on this week’s episode that they won’t belittle a person if they do like a movie they think is terrible like other people on the internet do, because the internet seems to be pretty bad about that. Everyone on here has been very civil and respectful, even when they disagree with opinions, and that’s fantastic.

Maybe I’m just an optimist and find it more difficult to see the bad in movies, but I’ll always love the TF films no matter their faults.

I guess a good litmus test for the quality of these movies is that if I think one of them is just awful, then it truly is a bad movie given my questionable standards

EDIT: and actually, I would’ve added a sin to Part 1. Underage drinking. Hello?!?!

2 Likes