Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

Yeah, but you guys were supposed to get to the next key and figure out the Omega Lock’s plot twist literal months ago, IRL. I want to get Salvation’s main story actually moving again.

1 Like

As a fellow Gm, I know the pain

That’s just what happens sometimes.

On the bright side, I am endeavoring to make sure the events of Salvation so far are meaningful. Y’all didn’t just waste time gallivanting through space for almost a year for nothing.

2 Likes

@Toa_Vladin how long till we gonna do that fight club scene?

…what?

Remember you had redstocker bugg Scorchlock with if he wanted to join the fight club or whatever he wanted him to join?

Ah.
Well after @ProfSrlojohn responds to Redstocker, it shouldn’t be long after that.

Quick wordbuilding-related question: would the religious Transformers, whatever this would mean in an universe where it’s absolutely cannon that their equivalent of God created them all (I imagine that the atheists of this universe would be guys who just don’t care that much for Primus) have their equivalent of the crux? As a sign that they would make when they prey, klike the Christians do?

I mean, we have literal angels walking along us, it wouldn’t be that hard to believe that we have a prayer sign too.

I’d guess they’d, at minimum, bow their heads or just take a knee and fold their arms to pray. I think it would depend on the situation at hand.

Probably.
Or maybe touch their forehead, then their chest, then their midsection? I dunno, just some spitballing. I remember seeing it somewhere, but I can’t recall where.

I believe the action you’re referring to is ‘crossing one’s self’ If memory serves, it’s mostly a Catholic rite.

We the Orthodox also… cross ourselves. Never heard this idiom before, but I think we are referring to the same thing.

it’s referred to as crossing one’s self because it’s tracing the shape of a cross on the torso.

Yeah, no, I know that. It’s only that I haven’t actually heard it in English.
It’s actually word by word of the Romanian translation, weird that I haven’t thought it to express it like that.
But basically yes, I was wondering if the Transformers, at least the ones in the Chromeverse, have such an equivalent.

1 Like

Yeah, virtually every cybertronian in this universe acknowledges the existence of Primus, Unicron, the Thirteen, and everything else that happened in The Covenant of Primus. The differences in faith mostly come from how much individuals allow it to affect their daily lives, and how they go about practicing. You have folks like the Knights of Cybertron and the Angelicons, who devote themselves to specific organizations and their practices, and then there are guys for whom faith just isn’t very important, along with everything else in between.

There’s the different crests that each of the Thirteen had, but that’s pretty much it for icons. Gestures, prayers, and the like depend upon whatever organization you’re a part of, if any. Some have specific rituals they perform regularly, while other bots are content to just say a quick word to the Bot Upstairs whenever the mood strikes them.

2 Likes

Wait, so they cross themselves in the shape of their Prime’s crest?
Time to the lore page, cause I can’t remember any of the Prime designs

1 Like

No, that’s not what I meant. I misunderstood the question; I thought you were asking if the cybertronian faith had any symbols like the cross, not if they had a version of crossing one’s self.

I’m gonna say that hand gestures and the like depend on the individual.

1 Like

Ah.
Well thanks.

Question: What are the names of the remaining Splitter Brothers and where are they on Salvation?

Well, last I saw Thrust, Lightshift, and Vigor, they were leaving the bridge. Where they are now is up to @meepinater

2 Likes

I said in my last post that Wildsong got thrown off the Driller when it went underground.

I interpreted Wildsong “doing her best to hang on” as giving me the opportunity to decide whether or not she was successful in that attempt, and I decided she wasn’t.