Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

two questions

what in the name of Mata Nui is a Hot Spot,

and did you get who Craig Philips is referencing?

Sorry, I forgot this is Prime. I only ever watched the original tv show plus the first 3 Headmaster episodes. I didn’t know that it was any different.

I’m glad you like the back story, I wrote it in about 10 minutes, I took heavily from Pygmalion from greek mythology.

2 Likes

It’s from IDW. Basically, it’s a place where sparks form without bodies.

Actually, this universe is pure fanon. It does take a lot of inspiration from Prime/Aligned, though.

1 Like

Oh okay.

well, you never said when he reached Vector Sigma., was Vector sigma ever active in the timeline?

Oh, Vector Sigma is active. The problem is that nobody can get into it because the key’s been lost for ages and won’t be discovered until TOTGA.

1 Like

That’s what I meant.

Just so we’re on the same page, what do you define as Vector Sigma being active?

Being able to be communicate with. like in the original tv show.

1 Like

Then no; Vector Sigma hasn’t been, as you define it, active.

There is only one way in or out of its location and those doors only open in response to its Key.

Seriously, in TOTGA, everyone tried everything short of leveling the city of Kaon to try and get inside and it never budged at all.

in what?

Transformers: Twilight of The Golden Age (TOTGA) is an RP that Chromharpoon GMed and is what this RP, Transformers: Salvation, is a prequel to.

1 Like

Yes, it was, but that was ages ago, unfortunately.

Oh well. Can we just assume that he found one of those hotspot things so I don’t have to rewrite it.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I was suggesting. It’s a very unique backstory and I’d hate have it completely scrapped. It just needed that one change.

1 Like

I mean, is it alright for me to just leave it, and we all agree that it’s not canon.

Sorry if this sounds rude but I must ask, do you know how to edit a post?

yes, I just did it.

1 Like

It’s probably best if you just edit Juliana’s signup post to say that Craig took his car to a Hot Spot and worked to make the car a compatible vessel/body for the Spark and then installed it, bringing Juliana into the world.

It keeps the part about him working to make the car able to become a transformer while staying in the canon of the RP’s lore in terms of how Cybertronians are made/born.

I’m sure Chromeharpoon would be more than happy to help you iron out any details if you ask.

In know, but I put a lot of thought into this backstory. That and I don’t know how the whole spark thing works. I’ve only ever seen the original show.

1 Like

Okay, I think I know a compatible comparison but I must ask this first: are you familiar with the lore of Kingdom Hearts?

I understand, the lore of the Transformers franchise is a wonky one with several continuities within continuities.