Robot-mode:

Alt-mode
(space-fighter)

Artist: Daniel Joustra
Link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/6B6yW
Subtype: none
Weapons/Abilities:
Dual Energon Swords

Two subsonic repeaters embedded into his abdomen and a ion cannon.

Bio:
Actaeon is an Autobot loyalist, he’s not much for talking, but he does listen when he’s needed to. His past isn’t too complicated, he’s been serving on the Autobot side for as long as he remembered and hasn’t complained too much about it.

1 Like

Actaeon is approved.

Alright, so to alleviate some confusion that some players have about the economy mechanic, I’m just gonna reset everybody and start from scratch.

Starting from… this post, I guess, everyone’s characters have 10,000 shanix each, regardless of what they may have had before.

I’ll be keeping track of everyone’s “accounts” from now on, so you guys won’t need to worry much about that anymore.

2 Likes

So they’ve been giving 10,000 Shanix?

I think it’s like saying that they all had 10k shanix at this moment in time.

No. Everybody’s “accounts” have been reset to 10,000 shanix each from this moment on. Each character now has only 10,000 right now.

1 Like

Wow…I am literally broke now.

Well, as always, I will endeavor to provide y’all with opportunities for your characters to earn more money as the game goes on.

Well expect me to do that after the rescuing mission.

… Well… this looks interesting… and like it’ll take a good, long while of reading to get a handle on… Sounds fun!

1 Like

To be honest, I would look forward for new versions of your character from Cybertron Reborn.

… You know, the amusing bit about that is I did recently rewrite the two by quite a bit… Unfortunately to use them would also require a couple… Specific universal aspects. In particular for spark creation, and I do somewhat doubt this one does so in the way I’d need.

Probably make some new character instead realistically.

1 Like

Honestly a new character would be preferable, if you’re going to join.

2 Likes

Ah, good to hear. Was planning to throw in a new guy even if I did find out I could thrown in their rewrites… just have to get a beter grasp of your AU and all first.

Also, you ever read the TF fic ‘Things we don’t tell humans’? Pretty fun read, lots of lore, good worldbuilding, and long as heck… though it is on A03 and comes with a… touch of the basic stereotype around that site and its fics.

I haven’t heard of that one before. I might give it a look.

1 Like

Ok, so, I do really, really want to join this, but first I need to ask a couple of questions.

First off, where exactly are we in your timeline, and how long did Megatron’s initial war last for in this continuity?

Secondly, can I get a quick run-down of what’s gone down in the RP so far, and what exactly the main goal (and our opposition towards gaining it) is?

Third, are sparklings a thing in this world? Or is this similar to your previous (that I was in) where Cybertronians just emerged fully grown or what not? In fact, how exactly does spark creation work in your world?
Are there ‘hot spots’ and similar?
Do they require being inserted into a frame/body-type/whatever it is their bodies are called now, or do they already ‘spawn’ with such built?

And lastly (for now), who exactly is the main villain in this story? Still Megatron, or has he been replaced with someone else instead?

I’m happy to answer them!

We’re near the end of the Great War, during a truce between the factions. The War’s gone on for about five hundred years at this point, and the truce has lasted maybe four or five.

Okay, so the Salvation’s taken off in search of the Omega Lock, which can revitalize the Allspark and prevent the End Times (y’know, standard macguffin quest stuff). The PCs are some of her crew. Their opposition lies in the form of a rogue fleet of Decepticons led by a guy named Bludgeon, who opposes the truce and wants to use the Omega Lock’s power for personal gain (y’know, standard macguffin-seeking megalomaniac stuff). Our heroes (that’s you and all the other players) have had a few run-ins with Bludgeon and company already, and now they’re currently on a mission to rescue Shockwave, a loyal Decepticon who was captured by Bludgeon.

Cybertronians in this universe are “born” fully grown, with a fair amount of basic knowledge to help them get by.

Sparks form in Wells of Sparks and Hot Spots. Sparks formed in Wells automatically have bodies formed around them during gestation, but those formed in Hot Spots need to be extracted and placed in bodies that are artificially constructed- this requires extensive knowledge of cybertronian anatomy and physiology.

1 Like

Dang i-[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:140, topic:48552”]
hose formed in Hot Spots need to be extracted and placed in bodies that are artificially constructed
[/quote]
Ey! Nevermind then! I can maybe make that idea work!

Ok, quick additional question I gots now. So, going by your description of the Salvation and its ‘inner workings’ how exactly could one even create a mercenary based character? Also, what’s a rough estimate on the number of bots on it?
Enough that the full ‘pc crew’ wouldn’t be able to recognize them all by heart, or no?

Basic stuff and all.

That depends on this mercenary’s backstory, I guess.

I haven’t bothered to come up with an estimate, but it certainly is a lot- enough that people wouldn’t know everybody.

2 Likes

And here is the first of my submissions!
Also, can’t believe I forgot this, but what colour are you having energon be in your world? Blue? Purple? Pink? Differing colours or just some other unnamed one?

Name: Chops

Homeworld:

Faction: Autobot

Appearance: Somewhere in-between these two:

Just without this fellows more car based aspects, and this fellows head:
Imgur

And wearing a lime-green and purple colour scheme. (With purple as the main and lime the accent.)

When in his robot form his back propeller and its hub disconnect to form into his falcon, Smokestack, and his two secondary propellers retract into his forearms. Allowing him to extend them as either up to five separate knives per arm, or a sort of small, spinning ‘saw’ shield.

Alt-mode(s): Eurocopter X3 hybrid helicopter

Weapons, abilities, and equipment: Chops secondary propellers can act as either up to 5 extendable knives per arm, or as a pair of small, spinning saw-esque shields.

Along with this he can convert both of his hand into standard Cybertronian blasters, though their power is decreased noticeably when both are in use as such.

His back propeller and hub can also disconnect when he is in his robot-mode. Transforming into his ‘pet’. A mechanimal-esque falcon named Smokestack that can act independent of Chops orders.

Smokestack has three main abilities.

The first is it’s level of sentience. While nowhere near enough to be considered sapient Smokestack’s is more than enough to give the falcon a very intelligent mind when it comes to acting outside of Chops control.
Despite this Smokestack is still far from a separate being to Chops. While intelligent, and able to act as a separate entity Smokestack is still connected to, and given life by Chops’ spark. It just somehow allowed for the falcon to be it’s own self too.

Second is Smokestack’s ability to ‘share’ it’s body with Chops, allowing him to either take temporary full control, or share sight. This makes Smokestack an invaluable help when it comes to scouting areas.
Smokestack can also record small amounts of what it see’s when Chops is not, or cannot be connected.

Thirdly is where Chops inspiration for Smokestack’s name came from. Smokestack has the ability to overheat it’s body to extremely high levels and then vent that heat as a large smokescreen that covers wherever it fly’s.

Bio: Smokestack was ‘born’ before Megatron’s war

During it he was originally a mercenary. Offering his skills in both combat and spying/large scale scouting to whoever had the Shanix to pay him with, before converting to the Autobots side once he realized just how dangerous the Decepticons and their rule would be if they won.

Since then he’s been a loyal member of the Autobot resistance, and, while hesitant to give the Decepticons even the smallest grain of trust even with their current situation he was quick to offer himself as one of the crew to help recover their kinds last hope. Even if it was mainly to keep his eyes on the Decepticons that came along.

2 Likes