Transformers: Salvation

Matchstick shrugs and returns to wandering about the bridge of the ancient ship.

Halfrunner nods.

“That’s why I’m here,” he jokes as he does as requested.

Zepar walks around, trying to discretely see what he could while appearing to be looking for someone; which he was: someone who wouldn’t tamper or withhold anything learned in the analysis from the Angelicon.

“Can I help you?” asks a voice from behind Zepar.

“Looking for a particular kind of forensics analyst.” Zepar said, turning his head to see who had spoken.

“Which kind?” asks the bot, an Autobot with a wiry figure, alt-mode components suggesting an aerial alt-mode resembling a cross between a jet and a falcon, and off-white and orange armor. His blinks his lamp-like, yellow eyes and curls his fingers.

“One who values truth above all else.” He told the Autobot.

“What’s your specialty and name?” Zepar asked, looking at him closely from where he stood, wanting to make sure this fellow was trustworthy.

“Phasewing,” the bot introduces himself. “Data recovery.”

The bot shifts his weight from one leg to the other slightly as he stands, and on the whole he seemed like somewhat of a restless fellow, in spite of his sharp, direct manner of speaking.

1 Like

“Be honest with me, Phasewing.” Zepar says, “Would you tell the truth even if it hurts those you love?” He asked.

“Part of my job is exposing the truth. Retrieving information that bots have tried to bury for one reason or another,” Phasewing replies.

“Can you work outside a lab on cleaning up transmission recordings?” Zepar asked, he wanted to make sure there was as little chance of tampering as possible with the analysis results.

OOC: Would Phasewing be willing to tell the truth, even if it incriminated himself, a close friend or even Ultra Magnus?

“Would prefer my lab,” Phasewing says. “Better equipped for such a task.”

“…And more quiet.”

OOC: he did just tell Zepar that uncovering the truth in pursuit of justice is pretty much his job…

1 Like

Zepar nods, “Lead the way.” He said.

Phasewing curtly nods and walks briskly in the direction of his lab.

Zepar follows him.

Phasewing enters his lab, flicking on the lights to reveal several monitors and open holo-screens. A device appearing to be of junkion origin quietly plays a terran song in the background.

“It… helps me concentrate,” Phasewing says sheepishly, perhaps embarrassed that he had left it on.

Zepar shrugged, “Whatever helps you do your best.” He said as he approached a terminal. “I have a list on me and several messages on it need cleaning up.” He explained.

“How did you acquire these messages?” Phasewing asks.

“I’m working with security to find out who told Bludgeon the ship’s heading.” Zepar said.

Even if this traitor is someone I trusted, I cannot let this betrayal go without negative consequences to them. he thought.

“Ah, yes,” Phasewing realizes. “Motherboard mentioned you, earlier. You are Flareshot, then?”

“Zepar.” He clarified, “Flareshot gave me permission to see what I can learn from these tapes and have a copy of the list for that purpose.”