Transformers: Salvation

Torchwing was in his room, reading.

After finding out where his room is (somehow) Gronius knocks at its door.

“Come on in.”
He said, setting the data tablet down beside him.

Gronius open the door slightly, just to reveal his head.
“May I?”

“Bonds forged in the crucible of mutual hardships often are among the strongest.” Zepar said. “Paradox held onto this because, deep down, he held hope that you were alive.” He told Scorchlock as he pulled out the photo again.

“He looks up to you for your optimism and your loyalty to your friends.” He continued.

1 Like

“Of course. What brings you here?”
He asked politely

Gronius entered inside, standing by the wall.
“Torchwing, right?” He said, raising a hand.

“Yes, that is I.”
He said with a nod.

“Sorry if I interuprt anuthing. Is only that everybody here seems to be either Decepticon or Neutral. We have all of those annoying guys, together with one Frankenstein and not one but two enemy Combiner teams. It’s not as intimidating as it seems a little suspect, or even forshadowing. The only two Autobots I know are Song and general Redstocker. Well, three if you include general Alterion. The latter two are not the ypes I would hang out with as a footsoldier, and I can’t find Wildsong anywhere. I was thinking of trying to spend my time with some other Autobots.” He explained.

“I see. Personally I find the prospect of getting to know the former enemy quite exciting. But I am aware not everyone shares my optimism. So is there anything you wanted to talk about?”

1 Like

“Nah, I wanted just to see if I can hang out with other Autobots.” He said, still dtanding by the wall. “And to respons to your first comment, it’s not that I don’t share your opinion. It’s more like this place seems to be crowded by them. I know the Decepticons. This truce is nothing but a facade, and when this whole thing is done, in a form or another the war will return. Just look at Lockdown, Thunderblast, Strika and the other Decepticons that xouldn’t even wait for the truce to end and turned against Megatron.”

“Of course. Not everyone is going to come into this truce openly and willingly, but they aren’t all bad. My friend Broadwing for example. A decepticon both by action and by birth, but I have no doubt his spark is in the best place. He wants to improve himself and make friends with anyone, regardless of past or faction. That to me is proof that a peaceful end is more than possible.”

“Broadwing.” Gronius said, remembering the name. “OK, if so many Decepticons are good guys, with the spark in the right place, then tell me: why are they in the Decepticon side of the spectrum? Why are’t they Autobots, or even Neutrals?”

“It’s simple. The decepticons are more than an enemy. The decepticons stand for something. Megatron promised them a form of freedom they were desperate for. And while his methods were misguided and violent, he had good intentions. Had Megatron found a way to make change peacefully and politically, well my friend, we might be having a very different conversation.”

“Let’s face it, the Decepticons are nationalists, and I have nothing against their beliefs. I am a little nationalistic myself. To be honest, before the war, I was actually sympathising Megatron. However, this quickly changed when they took over Chaar.” Gronius paused for a few seconds, searching his words. “I had… Friends there. Let’s just say that what happened wasn’t nice.” Gronius said, before brushing off the memory. “Anyway, if the Decepticons wanted to follow their beliefs, they xould have simply followed our democracy and be part of our nationalist party. But no: they had to go one step further and follow that maniac. This by itself should be our motivation for fighting against them.”

Sprocket nods as she explains.

“Any idea what all this is?” he asks, indicating the holograms as he prepares a translator.

“He’s got a funny way of showing it,” Scorchlock scoffs. “Turning 'Con and killing our brothers and sisters, I mean.”

“They are research notes. That’s all I can understand.” She said, before reminding him that she barely knows any ancient.

“Of course. Intentions aside, the actions of Megatron and his followers are inexcusable. But that’s in the past. We must focus on now. This is a fresh start. A chance to put our differences aside and work towards a common goal. This is a chance for a peaceful future. An end to this horrible conflict that has devastated entire generations. We cannot let our animosity to squander that opportunity. By all means you have every right to feel the way you do, but I feel we all must learn to put that asside for the sake of a better future.”

“All I am saying is that it’s hard for me to see Megatron giving up his empire after we find the Omega Lock.” He said, crossing his arms.

“Of course. Even I have my doubts. All I can do is hope for the best.”