Transformers: Salvation

Sprocket nods as he begins to run his translator.

“Well, let’s see if we can find out a little more…”

@MaxinePrimal Some time later, Broadwing would be awakened as Facelift undoes the restraints on the operating table. At the end of each arm was a three-fingered hand, and his missile launcher had been relocated to his forearm.

@MaxinePrimal Gronius nodded before smiling. “What was your function before the truce?”

@Chromeharpoon Song walked closer to Sprocket, wanting to see the results too.

“Field officer. I had my own squadron I commanded. We were like family to each other.”

“Were?” Gronius said tilting his head, still with the arms crossed and a legs on the wall behind him. “What happened?”

“Oh nothing drastic. We simply went our separate ways when the ceasefire was called. I wished to join the Salvation, the others simply wanted to enjoy the peacetime for however long it will be. If the war is to continue, I have no doubt I’ll be seeing them all again.”

“Oh.” Gronius said, nodding his head slightly. “That’s nice. I personally was never part of an actual team. I was switching teammates almost daily. The only Autobot that I kept working with for more than one month was Song.”

SideStep, in his hab-suite, took out a bottle of Engex and took a large swig.
He held the bottle out in front of his face and looked at it.
“I can’t even remember when I started drinking like this…” He sighed, taking another drink.

LightShift, Thrust, and Vigor entered the bridge. “I think the repairs are pretty much finished, sirs.” Lightshift said to the captains.

One translation was very interesting:

The cube has begun production at an astounding rate. It surpasses all of our hopes and expectations. Now we must ■■■■■ our attention to convincing the High Council of its practicality…

“Production…” Sprocket repeats. “Of what?”

■■■■■■■■■■■■ turns.

“Excellent,” he says, “I’ve been keeping up with the reports. Assuming we can-”

Whoa,” Broadband suddenly comments. “O-kaaay, looks like _some_body sent us some fanmail just before we jumped. Bringing it up now.”

2 Likes

Thrust frowned. “Fanmail?” He seemed confused. “Like, actual fanmail, or…?”

Broadwing sat up and looked at his new hands, flexing his fingers in and out. He then turned to look at Facelift, a smile on his face.
“Thanks doc.”

@Toa_Vladin “Wildsong. She is your sister correct? I have yet to actually meet her, but Broadwing has told me much about her.”

“People do odd things when they’re desperate, especially for family.” Zepar said. “That day, Paradox felt like he lost everything, his home, his family, even his very self; and the Decepticons extended their invitation and he accepted it but he never forgot about, nor did he stop cherishing, those days from when he was a Wrecker, when he had a family.” Zepar told him, still holding the photo.

“In his Spark, your brother lives and can return.” Zepar said, “families have times when they fall out but they can grow all the stronger when they set aside their differences and remember who they are to one another.”

“Even the Primes had moments like that and while there are notable examples of greater loss because of those events, there are more cases where those wounds were mended.” He told Scorchlock.

“We are no longer on Cybertron and this truce, combined with this ship, have given all of us a clean slate to prove that peace can exist between all life.” Zepar said, “You and Paradox were brothers once, and I have no doubts that you can still be brothers.”

“Autobot, Decepticon, a faction matters little when regarding family.” He finished.

OOC: I seriously hope that message is Shockwave saying “Get me off this prison with a Transwarp Drive!” and not something really horrible.

3 Likes

Broadband laughs- it was a kind laugh, though, not meant at Thrust’s expense.

“No,” she clarifies. “Actually, it’s… well I’ll be d*mned, it’s apparently from one of the Decepticon ships chasing us.”

“So hate mail might be more accurate, then,” Breakswitch decides from the navigation console.

“…Y’know what, yeah.”

“No problem!” Facelift replies. “It was a little hard- you weren’t kidding when you said you were a mess- but there’s a reason they call me the Butcher of-… wait, actually, forget I said that… Hey! I kept your missile launcher, too, if you didn’t notice! Free of charge!”

Scorchlock considers Zepar’s words for a few seconds, then slowly nods.

“Y’know, I can look past the badge,” he says with a sigh. “That’s not it. It’s that… he’s killed people, y’know? I mean, we all have, but he’s killed other Wreckers. I knew those guys. Cared about 'em.”

1 Like

Lightshift frowns. “What’s it say?”
Vigor listened interestedly, as did Thrust.

“Let Primus be the final judge of his sins; it is our duty to forgive and love one another as brothers and sisters.” Zepar said, “I know his words were harsh but, given time to calm down, I think he’d be willing to renew that bond as your brother.”

OOC: (fingers crossed…and every joint in my body to the point I look like a pretzel made by MC Escher) please be Shockwave calling for help and rescue.

1 Like

That, we will discover in just a moment,” Broadband says. A holographic screen materializes before the bridge’s main viewport, showing the piercing red eye of Decepticon Chief Scientist Shockwave.

Slag…” swears Flyby.

“Huh. Didn’t see that coming,” comments Breakswitch.

“Wow, we ticked off Shockwave?” Broadband muses. “Awesome! Go us!”

Scorchlock sighs.

“Maybe. I think it’d be best if we both took some time to cool our heads for now, though, in any case.”

2 Likes

Vigor watches intently.
LightShift chuckles. “Well, it seems we’ve attracted everybody’s attention with this thing.”
Thrust’s eyes snap wide open.
Vigor notices his look. “Hey, no nerding out.”
Thrust didn’t reply as he stared at the hologram.

2 Likes

“Thanks. It’ll probably take a while to get used to, but I appreciate it.”

“I agree, Paradox seems to have a dangerous temper and it would be wisest to bring this up with him once he has calmed down.” Zepar said with a nod, “If I may be so curious, is there anything you can say about what has happened between the day of your supposed death to your joining this ship’s crew?”

Salvation,” Shockwave speaks, “with luck, this message will find you before your next jump to transwarp. I have been abducted by Bludgeon’s rogue splinter group and forced to apply my skillset to further their endeavors.”

“Yeah, no problem,” Facelift replies. “Hey, if you feel a ‘creeping’ sensation up your right arm anytime soon, say a quick prayer or two and come see me. Not that that’s gonna happen, mind you- y’know, it’s just good to keep an eye out and everything…”

Scorchlock shakes his head.

“Lot of it’s classified,” he explains.

2 Likes

Torchwing, who hadn’t much else to do, decided to check in on the captains again. Maintaining communication with the two major authorities would be a good idea. Keeping himself informed and up to date would greatly aid his ability to help both the captains and the cause. Within 15 or so minutes he walked into the bridge.

“Uh, alright. I’ll keep that in mind.”
He said nervously.