Transformers: Salvation

Sprocket quickly shakes his head.

“No, I don’t think so. After this long, anybody from that time not in a stasis pod’d be dead. This place was probably built tens of millions of years ago.”

“But how did it survived?” Alterion asked.

Gronius chuckled for himself. “Should bring Song here.” he whispered.

“Golden Age tech is ridiculously long-lasting,” Sprocket explains. “That datacard the Omega Map’s on? That probably spent the better part of a hundred million years in a vault in the Sea of Rust, and it still works. Most of the space bridges are even older than that, and they’ve just needed a little tune-up every once in a while to keep running.”

“I have to. Avoiding him is just cauing problems. I need to do this.”

Arachnados retrieved his cacoon and left, deciding to return the old fashioned way, not wanting to take any risks.

Once he was below the ship, he transformed to robot mode and shot a thread to the bottom of the craft. Once it connected, he climbed up the strand with his haul behind him. First thing he did once inside was look for Grommet.
@Chromeharpoon

Alterion rose his metal eyebrows.
“That’s a lot.” he said, touching his chin. “What do you suggest to do?”

“Do you want me to come with you?” Song asked.

“Yeah. I think that would help.”

She stood up.
“Then let’s go.”

1 Like

“I’d rather not gamble with the lives of others like that.” Zepar told Forcep.

Shadowraker watched Sprocket as he examined the machine.

Broadwing stood up and moved to leave, but he stooped momentarily before leaving the room.

“If… If I lose it again, if I black out and go all monster again, I want you to run. I don’t want to risk hurting you.”

“Don’t worry. Just because I show it, doesn’t mean I don’t have a bestial part.”
She said, mostly to trick herself that in such a situation she will be able to stay with her friend.

2 Likes

“Alright then… Let’s go.”
Broadwing said, leaving the lab.

Song nodded as she followed him.

“Well, I’m gonna have a look at that console,” Sprocket says, pointing to the control panel in the center of the room.

“You can look around, but some of the other crewmen have probably taken what they can already.”

Sprocket activated his translator and began to decipher the cyberglyphic text of the computer.

Forcep nods.

“Yes, though it could be done. Leaving some of our insecticons behind would be more safe, but that has its own drawbacks.”

Broadwing walked to the brig to talk to Shockwave.

“Are we going to take the cryo-tubes aboard?” he said, pointing to them. “They might be usefull for scientific research.”

Song followed.

“Foreign Insecticons being introduced to a hive would run the risk of getting killed by the said hive.” Zepar agreed.

Shadowraker watches as Sprocket worked.

Grommet was in his lab.

Broadwing is stopped by a guard. Unfortunately, his earlier expressing of his intent to kill Shockwave should he cross paths with him made the guards hesitant to allow the two to come into contact.

“I don’t like the guy much myself, either,” the guard says. But I got my orders, man. Sorry."

Stasis pods, not cryo-tubes,” Sprocket corrects him as he works at the console, “And no; the pods are fixed to the walls, it looks like.”

Sprocket reads the statistics of the pods in the damaged hall. A few of them were still active, including some insecticons.

“Right,” Forcep agrees. “But there’s also a chance the newcomers would be welcomed and successfully integrated.”

It seemed that both options- leaving behind some of Salvation’s insecticons, or splitting the sparks of a few volunteers to take to the mutant hive- carried some degree of risk.

“You must be kidding!” Song said. “Please, I’ll be with him!”

“Well we can’t let them here!” Alterion said.

“Maybe Grommet and Shockwave could provide some insight, considering they both are familiar with CNA’s various fields of study.” Zepar said.

Knowing exactly where that was, Arachnados went there to speak with him.

“I’m sorry. It was an overreaction. I’m not going to kill him. But please I need to talk to him.”