Transformers: Salvation

OOC: You probably should’ve specified who Gronius was talking to, then. All you posted was:

I just assumed he was talking to Matchstick, because Matchstick was speaking to him last.

It helps me when players specify who their characters are talking to, so that I know who to have talk back.

IC: Mallet and Matchstick stare each other down. Mallet was furious, while Matchstick was difficult to read through his battle mask.

1 Like

Gronius pointed his sword to Matchstick.
“Back off.”

Matchstick turns to Gronius, lowering his weapon.

“Respectfully, mate,” he says, “what the frak are you on? We’re on the same side, you and me; this bloke-”

He gestures to Mallet with the barrel of his rifle.

“-was hired by some Decepticon warlord to do me in.”

Ha!” Mallet laughs, “So that’s what you’re going with this time, huh?”

Gronius lowered his sword a bit, clearly confused.
“Wait, what?”

“Listen, kid,” Mallet says to Gronius, “don’t buy this guy’s scrap. I’m not here on some 'Con’s payroll, and this tin-plating glitch isn’t who he says he is.”

“A likely story,” Matchstick says to Mallet, raising his weapon at the mercenary. “Stick to shooting, bounty hunter; you’re a better hired gun than liar.”

“Best butt out, kid,” Mallet advises Gronius. “He and I have some unfinished business.”

“For once, we agree!” Matchstick affirms.

“And… How can you imagine that I will just step aside, letting you fight?”

“I was thinkin’ you’d be smart,” Mallet says to Gronius with a chuckle.

“I’d listen to him, mate,” Matchstick supports, a more jovial tone now in his voice. “If there’s one thing we both hate, apart from each other, it’s dragging other bots into our little spats.”

Gronius, with confusion in his eyes, made two steps back and sat down on a bench, resting his sword next to him.

“Good lad,” Matchstick compliments Gronius. Mallet takes this time to charge at his foe, slamming his weapon into the side of Matchstick’s face. The Autobot staggers, before sweeping Mallet’s leg out from under him, causing the mercenary to fall. Quickly, Mallet transforms into a helicopter and rises into the air, deploying a chaingun. Matchstick transforms and drives deeper into the cargo hold, with Mallet in pursuit.

And with that, Gronius remained alone next to the entrance of the hold.
“Uhm… Go Mallet!” Gronius said on a confused tone, raising his fist, simulating enthusiasm.

Mallet and Matchstick disappear from sight, but fire from their weapons could still be heard echoing through the hold.

Gronius didn’t really know what to do. On one hand, he wanted to help Mallet and to get rid of Matchstick. On the other, he respected their mutual wish to interfere and kinda knew that Mallet can make it out.
Sigh. Why has life to be so hard sometimes?”

Alterion continue looking for Redstocker, sticking his head into the Antilian Sunrise.

An explosion could be seen as one of the two combatants apparently shoots a fuel canister.

In the Antillian Sunrise, Halfrunner converses happily with patrons of either faction, and Greasemonkey and captain Topside could be seen enjoying drinks, each sitting alone at separate tables. Greasemonkey seems as tired as ever, while Topside appears worn-out. The junkion DJ stands behind an array of consoles, playing a mellow tune over the establishment’s speakers.

Gronius jumped on his feet. That’s it. He couldn’t do it anymore. He took his sword and slowly approached the place of the explosion.

Alterion entered the bar, looking for the bartender.

Mallet and Matchstick were now facing off in robot mode. Mallet swung a buzzsaw extending from his right forearm, while Matchstick ducked and brandished a blade extending from his wrist.

Halfrunner could be seen behind the bar, polishing a glass.

Gronius could not resist anymore. He jumped on a container next to him and hid in the shadows, expecting the two not to see him.

“Hey, you’re the bartender, right?” Alterion said, knocking in the bar. “Have you seen my b-- Captain Redstocker? He is about that tall, with red armour, a little hunched, white beard and a wheelchair.”

Delta, was walking through the streets of the little Iacon, trying to find somebody that could help her size problem.
AKA Facelift

The two did not, so focused as they were on fighting each other. Mallet grabs his opponent by the shoulder and slams him into the side of a large blue crate, raising his saw above his head.

Halfrunner shakes his head.

“Nope,” he says. “Haven’t seen him around lately.”

“While you’re here though; care for a drink?”

Delta wouldn’t find anyone in Little Iacon, but she may have heard rumors of a bot in the maintenance tunnels who could help her.

Gronius took one of his blasters, attempting to use it as a shot gun. If the situation escalated to Matchstick’s favour, he was ready to shot him in the head.

“Can’t…” Alterion said, standing up. “I must look for him. I need to be sure that he is all right.'”
OOC: But Redstocker was in the Antilian Sunrise when the invasion started.

Delta did so. She transformed in her small vehicle more and drove of towards the nearest entrance into the tunnels.

Matchstick is able to free himself from Mallet’s grasp, and the two resume grappling. It was currently impossible to tell which, if any, had the upper hand. The two clearly knew each other, and how they each fought.

Halfrunner nods.

“Hope you find him,” he says.

Entrances to the maintenance tunnels could be found all throughout the ship.

The barrel of the shot gun was trembling in Gronius’ hands. A drop of Cybertronian sweat felled of the side of his head, as he was trying to decide when would be the best moment to shot Matchstick.

Alterion nodded back as he left the Sunrise.

Deltaentered inside the tunnels.