Transformers: Salvation

SideStep walks into ShockWave’s lab.
“Are you done yet?” He asked grumpily.

Thrift sighs and begins to fly back to hangar bay thirty.

Shockwave turns.

“This laboratory is… adequate,” Shockwave replies. “There is, however, one problem.”

SideStep rolls his eyes. “Of course there is.” He mutters. “What is it?”

1 Like

“The machine that I would require to repair your damaged mind is not among the Salvation’s inventory,” Shockwave informs SideStep.

“Nothing like it, in fact, has been known to exist since the Golden Age.”

######“Surprise, surprise,” Grommet grumbles.

Sprocket looks on, an interested look in his eyes.

“You’re the genius around here. Can’t you make one?” Grumbled SideStep, his face falling deeper into a frown.

Both Sprocket and Grommet seem slightly irked- not only by the comment, but of how true it likely was.

“It would be difficult, and would take time, however it may be possible, given that we have Golden Age technology at our disposal,” Shockwave says. Indeed, both the Inquisitive Savant and the derelict outside might have something salvageable with which to build Shockwave’s machine.

“Fine… what do you need?”

“I would require technology that would allow direct connection to and interaction with a subject’s neural network,” Shockwave says.

“Yeah, that sounds like something the Knights would have,” Sprocket comments.

“Yes,” Shockwave affirms with a nod. “Once I have it, I can reverse-engineer the technology to produce device that allow two bots to link their neural networks and interact in a virtual representation of their subconscious minds.”

“Translation?” Sidestep asked Sprocket and Grommet.

1 Like

“It’s like part-Psychonauts, part-The Matrix,” Sprocket says. “Thrift told me about those a few days ago.”

“The Matrix?” Grommet repeats curiously.

Different Matrix,” Sprocket replies.

“And I’m expected to know what those are?” SideStep asks.
“What do I need to get in order for this to work?”

Zepar follows after Thrift.

Sprocket shrugs.

“The components I require to build this machine,” Shockwave says, “can likely be found in the medical facilities aboard either the Knight scout ship in hangar thirty-one, or in the derelict cruiser outside.”

Thrift lands in hangar thirty and hurries over to his ship.

Zepar goes with Thrift to help him find the Immobilizer.

Thrift pulls out a long, silver rod adorned with green lights.

Unfortunately, it had been snapped in half, the two pieces hanging together only by a few wires.

“I, uh… said it needed some fixing-up, didn’t I?” Thrift says awkwardly, with a nervous chuckle.

“But what are they?” asked Sidestep.
“I don’t know what I need find.”

Zepar takes a close look at the broken tool. He knows that some tape or welding isn’t likely to fix it but it may still be a relatively simple fix if the connections could be restored.

Shockwave sends a list of the necessary equipment to SideStep. It was all rather complex, and the help of one with a greater understanding of ancient cybertronian technology and/or languages might be appreciated.

Zepar lacked what was necessary to properly repair the Immobilizer.

1 Like

“It’s definitely repairable but I don’t have the tools for it.” Zepar told Thrift.

OOC: Zepar knows Ancient.

“Ah, but I do,” Thrift says. “…I think.”