Transformers: Salvation

Arachnados grumbled under his breath, greatly irritated.

“Under normal circumstances I would never allow such a thing. But given as I much less prefer a horrific burning death I’ll allow it.”

1 Like

“Oh, poor you! It’s too horrible to let people fly you, right?” Gronius asked.

“Enough.” Zepar growled, “Unless we have anything we want to grab from this room to salvage, shall we find the tractor beam controls and free the Salvation before we all end up being Terrorcon chow?”

Being in this derelict again was exposing him to Dark Energon and shortening the fuse on his temper.

“Yes. Yes. Let’s do this quickly.” Alterion said, feeling the dizzyness.

Zepar goes to the pilot console and requests the computer attempt to tell him how to disable the tractor beam. (@Chromeharpoon)

A flash of blue signals the energy shield reforming over hangar two’s aperture. After the bay re-pressurizes, Requiem-IX rushes through the door.

“Wait a minute,” one says. “The hell are we doin’? Let’s just go!”

“He saved our tailpipes earlier,” another says. “Only fair we return the favor. Y’know, so we’re even.”

The squad picks up Actaeon and carries him to Deck 1’s medical bay, before retreating to another part of Salvation.

The controls to the tractor beam could be accessed at one of the weapons consoles… which were all inoperable. However, it would stand to reason that whatever mechanisms that generated the tractor beam could be found and in some way disabled.

Zepar tries to disengage the anchor cables to trap any remaining Terrorcons on the derelict.

“Well,” shrugs Blight, “I’m rather sorry to hear that. I assure you, I’m not like most of the Autobots. They all are willing to kill and torture and die for their beliefs. I’m just here to keep either side from going too far.”

Pixel converts his hand into a dagger and starts cackling maniacally.

On the holo-screen, red error symbols flash over images of four of the five anchor cables. The fifth, however, flashes blue.

Outside, one of the cables pops out of its launch point, flailing through space as it snaps away from the derelict and flicks off all the terrorcons currently scaling its length. Another tries to detach, but only shudders violently. Still, though, the terrorcons crawling on it are flung into space, lightening Deck 5’s burden.

The Decepticon raises an eyebrow.

Then she turns her head to give Pixel a sideways glance.

“Try it, pipsqueak,” she deadpans.

Zepar growled angrily, “Great; now we have to manually remove the four cables and disable the tractor beam.” He turns to look at the others, “Anyone have any bright ideas?” He asked.

(@Toa_Vladin, @MaxinePrimal)

Blight shrugs. “I’m a medic. I’m here to do what I can to keep as many others from dying as I can. I don’t really owe any allegiance to either side. I just chose the path I felt I could be the most help.”

Pixel freezes.

The Decepticon crewwoman nods.

“That’s right,” she taunts.

“Didn’t we all, in a way?” she proposes, turning her attention back to Blight.

“We can… Do whatever you said?” Gronius asked. He clearly did not understand the technology they were facing.

“Do you know anything about how this tech works?” Zepar asked, picking up on his uncertainty.

“I mean, it must have a common ancestor with out technology, one that I can use, right?”

Actaeon would most likely stay unconscious for the duration of any medical work that probably happened in order to fix his injuries.

Zepar’s expression seemed kinda dumbfounded. “Okay, I can see that you and I are going to be partnering for this task.” He said, trying to sound calm.

“Arachnados,” he said, “What experience do you have with operating Golden Age technology?” He asked the spider transformer. (@MaxinePrimal)

“I can read the language and operate just about any computer I’ve encountered. Though due to the decapitated nature of this craft, it very may well be beyond even my abilities.”

Gronius rolled his eyes.
“You have to try!” Alterion said.

“I never said I wouldn’t. I’m simply saying that if this place starts falling apart more than it already is when I touch something, don’t blame me!”
Arachnados snapped back.

He walked up to the computer to see what he could do with it.
@Chromeharpoon

1 Like