Transformers: Salvation

The holographic globe rotates so that a cluster of islands faces Zepar- six landmasses of various sizes and shapes arranged in a sort-of hexagon. Glowing crags criss-cross them all, forming a spider-web like shape in between them.

Zepar tries to see if there were any signs of settlements on these landmasses that was also near the crags.

Once the two reach hangar 31, they would look in amazement at the Savant, looking for a way to enter.

Thar particular section of the holo-globe begins to enlarge, but soon begins to sputter and glitch out. It seemed that, from orbit, the Savant’s sensors weren’t much more effective than Salvation’s.

Unfortunately, the two would arrive just in time to see the Savant gliding out of the hangar, the two triangular fins on its top rising as it did so.

“W-well, If you aim a weapon at a tree, than tell me you were testing weapons, what did you expect me to think?”

Zepar has the sensors try calibrating to compensate for the interference as he aims to try landing on the largest continent’s coast near one of the crags.

Salvo shrugs in response.

Zepar had little control over the Savant’s sensors. Those could be controlled through other consoles on the bridge.

@MaxinePrimal @Toa_Vladin @Jcton @ProfSrlojohn

The Savant pivots to face away from Salvation, orange sunlight gleaming off the hulls of both ships, along with the ethereal luminescence of the glowing crags. The ancient ship’s “sails” lower themselves as the ship darts down toward the planet’s surface, leaving ribbons of blue light in its wake.

Zepar tries to activate the shields so that the ship was protected when entering the planet’s atmosphere.

A wave of blue washes over the bridge’s viewscreen as the Savant raises what little of its shields it could. This was yet another piece of technology lost after the War of the Primes- while Salvation could deploy energy barriers to form makeshifts seal over hull breaches, no ship in either the Autobot or Decepticon navy possessed true, ship-wide deflector shields.

Zepar tries to make an announcement on the Savant’s internal PA: “Everyone, I recommend bracing yourselves and any loose items or companions for turbulence as we begin making planetfall.”

He tries to steer the ship to a spot of coast on the largest continent that was about 20 kilometers from the largest crag.

Primus, let these shields be enough to get us safely landed on this planet. he mentally prayed.

Lightshift, Thrust, and Vigor walk into a hangar on the Salvation. They spot the Savant flying towards the planet.
Lightshift grins. “Anybody else up for some interplanetary exploration?” He asked his brothers.
The two grinned, and all three of them transformed and rocketed out of the hangar into the open void of space. They made their way towards the Savant at top speed, aiming to land on the hull and somehow get in so that they survived the atmosphere.

SideStep waited outside the Med-Bay where Shockwave was located. He took a large swig of a bottle from his case, and licked his lips to get the rest of it off his face. “That’s the ticket.” He said, somewhat satisfied. “Now to wait for that spawn of a glitch to get his butt in gear.”

2 Likes

Sprocket and Requiem-IX brace themselves, but there was no need. Atmospheric entry was progressing surprisingly smoothly.

If they were fast enough, the Splitter brothers might be able to slip through a hull breach before a sheet of liquid metal washed over the hole, or before the three were too horrifically burnt.

A group of medics tend to Shockwave. The large Decepticon was much too big for the table he had been set on, and his legs and arms hung over the sides.

Zepar was amazed by this. Making planetfall, from what he had heard about and experienced, usually had a fair bit of turbulence.

The three jets slipped through a hull breach barely in time. They transformed, panting and breathing heavily.
“That was a rush.” Vigor said, out of breath.

“O-okay. So, um… how do you do” she bows slightly, “My name is Juliana.”

“My, that’s a beautiful sight.” says Gatecrasher to o one in particular.

Soon, the Savant completes re-entry, diving toward the calm, deep-blue waters. The sun was setting toward the west, casting an orange ribbon around the horizon that faded to a purple-ish-blue sky. The islands nearby were covered in tropical foliage beyond their sandy shores, and marbled with the green, blue, red, and purple crags seen from orbit. Shafts of light rise up from the mountains and shallows, rising high up into the evening sky.

Salvo extends her left hand- it wasn’t clawed, and thus easier to shake.

“Salvo,” the quartermaster introduces herself. “Quartermaster. Nice meeting you.”

2 Likes

Zepar tries to gently land the Savant on the beach about 20 kilometers from the largest crag that led from the beach to the sea.

OOC: … I just found out I’ve been using the word “crag” rather incorrectly. The strange lights are actually coming from large canyons/ravines cut into the planet’s surface. I apologize for the mistake.

IC:

The Savant glides smoothly over to the cliff.

1 Like

“Nice to meet you to.” She bows again, “So, how are we then?”

“Well. You got us here in one piece. Thank ya old girl.” He says to the Savant.