Transformers: Salvation

Zepar looks through each of them, looking for anything else odd about them.

“And that is exactly why we are the best two people to investigate. You are one of the few people aboard this hunk of scap who values Justice. We don’t know how high up in the ship’s rank the traitor is. If we go to the official security officers, they could hide information. Besides, I’m a Decepticon. . . we know a thing or two about hunting traitors”

Flareshot examined the two messages.
“Hmmm. Both of those places would be pretty good for a secret Decepticon hideout. . .”

“Well, no. I guess it’s pretty big. But still, I don’t do well in crowds or small spaces.”

“Right. You do you.” Song said, before closing the subject. “Anyway, I asked Topside for an open laboratory. I am still waiting for a response. Until then, I really have nothing to do.”

The corpse continues to float where it was.

The two messages sent to Antilla were farewells to close friends of the Autobots who had sent them. The one sent to Chaar was composed by an Autobot environmental scientist, who appeared to have addressed it to a Decepticon colleague. In the message, the Autobot expressed her concerns that the Decepticons’ aggressive strip-mining of Chaar would eventually kill the Wells that existed on the planet.

1 Like

“Oh. Well I haven’t been up to much myself. I could show you what I got set up at the moment.”
He ordered.

From what I’ve heard from the general populace, investigations haven’t been the most unbiased since the war started. he thought.

“But, where would Bludgeon hide his own ship and fleet?” Zepar asked.

“A planet that had fallen under a fatal illness would be risky, but practically fool-proof cover…”
Flareshot ut is hand on his chin.
“Though, it doesn’t seem these two messages are any form of code, and they clearly aren’t from the traitors”

1 Like

Zepar continues looking through the remaining messages.

The remaining messages had either been sent to various unknown recipients, contained content that might appear odd (likely, this was due to our intrepid investigators lacking some form of necessary context), and some appeared to have been garbled by the effects of transwarp.

_Encryption and scrambling…_Zepar mentally growled, Why must they be so hard to spot?!

He took a few steps back and tried to calm down by taking deep breaths.

He knew that the traitor likely gave away their heading, how else would Bludgeon have managed to get an entire fleet to surround them the minute they got out of Transwarp?

Gronius then tried to take it with his front claws, careful not to damage it. Judging by how old it seemed to be, a simple wrong touch could even brake it.

“Yeah. Sure.” she said, shrugging.

“We need to be looking at people who have direct access to the ships navigation/coordinates. . .That’s the only step we can take at the moment.”

Indeed, some small pieces of the body’s armor break off and tumble into the void as Gronius grabs it, but the Autobot certainly had the right idea.

Once he took it, Gronius headed back to the asteroid. When he got close enough, he transformed back into his robot mode. The corpse would have ended up in his hands.

“And someone who knows our distance limit.” Zepar said (because the fleet surrounded them practically right when it got out of Transwarp; that’s a very specific set of coordinates to jump to) pinching the bridge of his nose (or the equivalent of that) as he tried to calm down, “Let’s check the ones that seem garbled by Transwarp first; maybe that was used to disguise any encryption.”

He makes a note to request from Motherboard to make a list of Decepticon and Neutral transmissions from the same timeframe parameters as the Autobot list.

“Hey, watcha got the- whoa…” reacts Mallet.

Currently, neither Zepar nor Flareshot possessed what was necessary to try and “clean up” the garbled transmissions. They might have to entrust that responsibility to a forensics officer.

“Great!”
He said happily. He transformed to beast mode and flew high up into the scaffolding in the ceiling.

There was a large nest made from twisted scrap, large beams, and a noticeable severed arm incorperated into the weave.

“We need to take it to the Salvation as fast as possible! It is very fragile!”
Gronius said, jumping to him.

Song opened her wings and flew to the nest.
“Uhm…” she said when she saw the arm.

“I uh… Found that.”
He said awkwardly.