Transformers survival of the lost

Alpha looked around and saw nothing that could be a bug and opened a containment unit and pulled out an old music player. He calibrated for and put in one audio output device and hit ‘start’.

He listened to some flute music, the tunes various from relaxing calm symphonies to fast paced and energetic songs. He hated admitting it but he loves music, odd considering how he felt the sound of folks working in repairing artillery was musical in an odd way; most would stick to one kind of music: the music of their workplaces but he liked a little variety.

1 Like

“So, how many people think I’m the killer?” Load asks Lock.

Lock gives the bad news. “A lot of the Autobots seem to be of that opinion.”

“Well, I can’t say I blame 'em. After all, I disappeared after-”

“That’s exactly what they said.”

“Huh. Prime’s lackey’s are sharper than I give 'em credit for.”

“Why else do you think the war’s gone on this long?”

The SUV was now dead, killed in a similar manner to the seeker

1 Like

OOC: bad idea of the day is that Alpha’s room is one directly above Load’s. All in favor?

IC: Alpha enjoyed the music, it was a nice change and sanctuary from the war that raged on around him all his life.

1 Like

Lock gives Load a recap of the events in the bar earlier.

Alpha began tapping out the melody of the songs he was listening to on his foot. It would cause a sound to be heard in the room below that was quiet enough to be annoying/kinda distracting but loud enough to be heard if you listen.

1 Like

IC: “So, what do you believe?” Load asks his twin.

“I’d be one cold-sparked spawn of a glitch if I didn’t give my own twin the benefit of a doubt, now wouldn’t I?” Lock answers.

“Thanks. That means a lot, actually.”

“Of course, you still inadvertently caused us to get lost even deeper into the middle of who-knows-where. I still gotta fault you for that.”

“A temporary setback.”

Alpha’s device went to a track like a lullaby but instead of being soothing it felt more sad. The taps went to its melody: slow, soft, sad. The image in his mind was one of a plain near a castle at twilight.

The room under him was Surdus. The sergeant went there after Lock closed the bar. He ignored Alpha’s annoying manifestation for the first two minutes, but then he decided to stop it. He exited the ship and headed towards the stairs/elevator, when he saw the death body of the SUV (@Ace).
“HEY!” He yelled. “ANOTHER DEATH BODY!”

OOC: scrap; why do I feel like a lecture is coming up in the near future from Surdus?

IC: Alpha was in sleep mode when this happened.

Load heard Surdus’ alarm and exited his hab-suite.

Alpha was also awoken. He groggily got up then snapped fully awake when he realized what the alarm was. “No, not now.” He said as he put the device and its container into their hiding place then running to see what happened.

Load eyes the deceased Decepticon, noting the similar wounds to the seeker.

At least we now know it ain’t me, he thinks grimly.

Alpha thundered to the area, screeching to a stop by Load. “That’s two dead. And both were Decepticons.” He muttered. “I’m not liking the look of this.” He then asks Load what frequency Railfire is usually on, there was need for his services again.

Not a weapon discharge nor a blade took his life; the logical conclusion is that it was either beaten to a mangled mess or clawed out. he thought, noting how there was no residue from a blade and no melting caused by a weapons discharge.

He kept his distance so as to not disturb or accidentally tamper with anything.

And we are overdue to meet with Haliaetus about earlier; anything else this day can throw at us to knock us for a loop? And that wasn’t a challenge, universe!

1 Like

“I’d hate to be pointing fingers,” Load says, “considering how I was under scrutiny earlier, but it’s looking like our killer is an Autobot.”

@MaxinePrimal he alerts Railfire.

“Where were you,soldier? I was hearing weird noises comming from your room!”

Alpha froze, Scrap! Why did it have to be the sergeant that had the room below mine? he thought, standing stock still at attention.

He was in his hab-suite the whole time and didn’t think he was playing music that loudly then realized his habit of tapping out tunes he listened to. He slowly began tapping out one of the tunes, the slower one that was like a lullaby.

He took care to not be too loud with it this time as he was pretty sure there was likely a room or hall below this one. There was no point not good to lying about it, but he didn’t want to say it out loud.

1 Like

“Weird noises?” Load repeats inquisitively.

“Well? Tell me! Or are you hiding something?”
He said, suspicious and angry.

“I would rather not say it out loud, sir.” Alpha muttered, increasing the volume of his foot taps. “It’s something I’m not comfortable talking about in a public setting.”