Transformers: The Headmasters

One of the Japanese-only G1 cartoons, with a blessed English dub

Quote away my dudes :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

“Very well, remove your heads.”

“Ur gonna die”

“Ha, like shooting cyberducks in a barrel!”

No quote could ever do this moment justice so I’ve just timestamped it instead :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Agreed, that’s bad. I hadn’t heard the original english dub, just the version that Discovery had the rights too.

Unicron Unicorn: “This is Unicorn, the erth with soon be a parta me.”
Sixshot: “…Ooooohhhhhhhhhh
Megatron: “Not before I can fulfillmy ambitions! I need a lotta transforming parts!”

2 Likes

To be honest, the whole headmaster concept just seems kinda half-baked too me. Target masters made a lot more sense comparatively.

That was a high Sixshot, in complete shock of seeing a Unicron with Galvatron limbs and head, thinking that he should quit drinking.

Just that monstrosity alone was enough to make me laugh, but the dialogue was even better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Okay, just watched the whole thing and… Is that the original, official english dub? Because I’m pretty sure some of that content would not have been stood for over here.

though that may be why they only aired 3 episodes here.

Well, it was produced for a different country. I forget which, but it definitely wasn’t one where English was the first language.

But yes, that’s the closest to an official dub we’ve ever gotten as far as I’m aware :stuck_out_tongue:

With the exception of the first 3 episodes.

Ah, no. You’re thinking of the three-part finale (and also “season 4”) of the Transformers called the Rebirth which covered some of the same content as the Headmasters cartoon. They’re completely different, and a point where the Japanese and American versions of the G1 continuity drastically diverged there were some small things before like the third season being set in 2011 instead for some reason even though that doesn’t make sense, but this was far more noticeable.

2 Likes

Ah. I thought that the episodes I watched was just a 3-part mini arc explaining the origins of headmasters, and the rest of the show never got brought over.

Also, surely fans have redubbed this.

Believe me, I thought the very same up until further wiki trawling proved me otherwise :stuck_out_tongue:

Possibly, but that also wouldn’t be an official dub :stuck_out_tongue:

true. To be honest, I’d rather watch it in japanese with subtitles than that.

The joy of old dubs :stuck_out_tongue:

Certainly a more extreme example, but this is exactly the sort of thing that turned me off dubs back in the day

Yep.

The funniest thing is the fact that can’t seem to make up their mind how to pronounce transform transferm.

Was it done by the “omegerd” girl?

I actually found two fandubbed episodes on YT, and they are top notch.