Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic

Spotlight lurked in the shadows of the stands, behind the rest of the captives. He watched the battle carefully, observing and taking note if Grimlock’s movements.

Brunt, a large and bulky predacon, grunted in pleasure as Grimlock charged out. He leaned forwards in his seat, watching carefully.

2 Likes

Grimlock turned around and threw several punches. Maximus was able to dodge half of them, and use his halberd to block most of the rest. But all it look was one blow to knock him to the ground.

Grimlock approached slowly. Cast in shadow by the sun above. Only his bringing red optics clearly visible. The sight was terrifying.

Maximus quickly transformed into his beast mode and tried to fly away. To which Grimlock grabbed his tail and slammed him into the ground. Maximus let out an animalistic shriek on the way down.

“Me Grimlock smash puny dragon!”

Maximus turned around and fired a blast of electricity from his mouth, temporarily blinding his foe. Grimlock let out a shout of anger and stumbled backwards. Maximus then took this opportunity to gain as much distance as he could. He looked to the electrified cage above, and began to form an idea…

3 Likes

Brunt pumped his fist and cheered, “That’s how ya do it!”

Woo-boo-bwoop!” Oddball trills at Maximus.

“His vision is based off movement!”

“What’s your bet?” the nearby Backbreaker asks Brunt.

“Ten seconds? Thirty?” He was asking how long Brunt thought Maximus would last in the fight.

Brunt rubbed his chin.
“Twenty once Grimlock gets a hold o’ him.”

“Piss off!”
Axis shouted angrily. She was completely on end with stress and worry. So hearing some guy cheering so adamantly for the one attacking her friend didn’t exactly help.

Maximus immediately bolted skyward.

“Trying to run away are we? You’ll find you cannot escape predacon.”
Iota’s voiced echoed through the arena.

But Maximus had no intention of escape. He transformed into robot mode and latched on to the cage. Electricity surged through his body, giving him a significant boost in power. He then shot back down towards Grimlock, screaming all the way as his body was bursting with power. He pulled out his pole axe and prepared to strike.

Grimlock looked up at him, surprised and confused.

Just before impact Maximus swung his axe down with all the force he could muster. A blinding flash of light and the booming clang of metal on metal filled the arena.

The light faded and Maximus slowly opened his eyes. Much to his surprise, he stood upon Grimlock’s back, who was laying face down. His axe impeded into the champion’s shoulder.

A loud gasp shot through the crowed as the many spectators watched, absolutely stunned.

“Oh my god. I did it! YES I DID IT! WHO’S YOUR CHAMPION NOW!”
Maximus shouted excitedly.

“Yes! That’s my Maximus!”
Axis cheered. Equal parts relieved and thrilled.

@Chromeharpoon
@ProfSrlojohn

1 Like

Brunt rolled his eyes.
“Geez, lady. A fight’s a fight. He won, after all. I’m just tryin’ to have a bit of fun.”

“Don’t let down your guard!” Juliana called, concerned Grimlock might get up.

1 Like

“No way. He actually did it!”

“I can’t believe it.”

Hotshot and Demolishor said, both completely bewildered by this turn of events.

OOC: Just waiting for Chrome’s reply, then I’ll continue.

Beside Brunt, Backbreaker was looking on in silence, pleasantly surprised at Maximus’ apparent victory.

Oddball applauds vigorously.

1 Like

As Maximus excitedly pumped his fits into the air, he suddenly found himself falling down, as the bot he was standing on rose to his feet.

Maximus fell flat on his back and looked up at the Dinobot. He growled. Despite lacking a mouth, it was clear he was scowling furiously. He pulled the axe from his shoulder, and snapped it in half like a twig.

“I am so sorry…”
Maximus said, completely terrified. It was clear he wasn’t getting away.

Grimlock grabbed Maximus by the leg. He lifted him up and slammed him back down on the ground. Then again, lifted above his head and slammed down on his opposite side. Again and again Maximus was thrown down, slammed into the ground beneath him with extreme force. Bits and pieces began to fly off and scatter across the arena. Suddenly his entire left arm tore off at the shoulder.

Grimlock threw Maximus against the wall, not too far from the viewer’s window. The dinobot walked over to the broken predacon, and stomped down hard on his torso, forcing a cry of pain from Maximus.

Grimlock lifted the limp and damaged body above his head like a trophy.
“Me Grimlock king!”
He shouted victoriously. The crowd went wild with cheers and chants.

“Long live the king! Long live the king!”

“There you have it folks! Was there ever any doubt! Our champion reigns supreme!”
Iota said.

With that the fight was over. Grimlock walked back to his door, and a dome began to close over the arena.

Terrified, Axis leapt through the view window and on to the arena floor. Frantically picking up all the stray pieces she could find.

1 Like

Juliana hopped after her, and began helping as well. “I told him not to let his guard down.” She muttered to herself.

1 Like

Arms full of parts, arm included, she knelt down beside Maximus.

“Come on, stay with me. You’re gonna be alright.”
She said, desperately trying not to break down there and then.

Hotshot hopped through the window.
“Come on. We got a medic that can patch him up just fine. Believe me, lost of us have suffered worse.”

She handed off the loose parts to Hotshot and picked up Maximus. The two then climbed back and headed towards the med-bay. Tears welling in Axis’ eyes along the way.

“Poor kid. I knew this was gonna happen.”
Demolishor said.

Juliana, who had handed the parts she collected to the Hotshot, followed behind. She knew if she said anything, it would only make Axis feel worse. Maximus. Heh. He didn’t know how to use his agility. There was no way he was going to win trying to beat that brute in a battle of strength. He didn’t understand that the battle wasn’t over until one side yielded. He need to learn, and learn fast, and she was going to help him. For both his and Axis’ sake.

OOC: At this point it is a habit. With UD, I was 200 posts late. With CR, about 50 to even 100. And now almost 60. Well, time to catch up.
IC: When the battle with Grimlock began, the gladiators would feel an angry voice approaching their tribunes.
“For frak’s sake! Where’s the idiot?! Where’s the one responsible for the delay of my fights?! Where is the smart guy who thought he can brake the entire system for his own fun?!”
It was Gronius. The Predacon madly entered the tribunes, pushing out of his way the slow ones. Some might instincitvely walk out of his way, and whisper “Gronius… Look, it’s Gronius! He’s angry on the new guy!” as he was approaching the windows to look at the battle.
“Where is he?! Where is the spawn of a glitch, the son of a gun!?” Gronius yelled.
“He’s fighting the champion…” Wildsong boredly said. She was standing at the window, her head on her four arms, as she was eyeing Maximus trying to do his best in the fight against Grimlock.
“Hi Song.”
“Give the guy a brake, G.”
“I was going to fight Demolishor today, for frakk’s sake!”
“You only care about your fights. Why don’t you watch the others too?”
“I don’t care enough too—” he said, before starting to study Maximus from the window. “He’s the newbie?”
“Yep.”
“Did I ever met him before?”
“Dunno…”
“He looks familiar.”
“Mhm…”
“Wasn’t he in ToI too? In one of the missions I had? One of those in which I brought you too? The one with the wolf guy?”
“No.”
“And the bomb-former?”
“I said no.”
“And the Seacons?”
“G, he’s not the one.”
“And those weird Unicron cultists?”
“I told you he’s not the guy!”
Gronius shrugged and crossed his arms as he stood down next to his twin.
“He looks like him…”

When the fight ended, Gronius burst into a storm of loud laughter.
“Oh my skies, oh my Primes! He fought so bad! Wellp, now he’s dead! Better luck next time, in the afterlife. I’ll go see what Skywarp’s doing.”
Wildsong sighed as she kept her position, eyeing Hotshot, Axis and Juliana as they went out to help Maximus out.
“He’s a little cute tho…” she said for herself.
Gronius left the tribunes, as he started looking for the Decepticon Seeker, for his very first pro match in the arena, the one that also made him so famous and so respected in the ranks of the gladiators. They were not friends, nor enemies, more like frienemies, which was enough for Gronius to visit him from time to time, to laugh of the latest looses in the arena.
@MaxinePrimal

Backbreaker leaves the arena, shaking his head as he sighs, lamenting Maximus’ misfortune. He wasn’t much of a doctor, so he does not follow Axis into the medical bay; he’d just be getting in the way.

1 Like

Luckily, Axis and the other two were already gone. Had she heard Gronius say this, she undoubtedly would have torn off his head.

Skywarp was hard to find (not sure if I want to make him an npc just yet), but the mad helicopter Cyclonus soon made himself known.
“Hahahahahahahah. That was wild! I haven’t seen a beat down that excessive in ages. That was awesome!”
He said, cackling wildly.

Demolishor follows him on his way out.
“To be frank I don’t know what he was expecting. I’ve said it time and time again. All of this talk about revolution never ends well.”

@ProfSrlojohn
Hotshot lead the other two into the medbay.

The medic there was a fit and strong looking decepticon. His armor was a gleaming dark silver. Very intricate and detailed.

He turned around to look at these visitors. Axis instantly noticed something interesting. The medic had a set of three lenses in place of his right eye, just like Maximus.

He looked over the predacon, assessing the damage.

“Can you fix him?”
Axis asked, very worried.

“Relax. I saw everything. It seems you’ve found all of his pieces, so I’ll be able to fix him up just fine.”
His voice was low and calm. Though speaking with a somewhat lack of care or emotion.

“Leave him here, and I’ll fix him up. Though it may take some time.”
Axis laid Maximus down on the medical table, and Hotshot set down his pieces.

Axis looked up at the medic.
“If he doesn’t make it…”
She began. Angry, yet unsure.

“Do not worry. He will.”
The medic replied calmly.
“Now go, so I may do my job.”

Axis hesitantly left the medbay, Hotshot with her.

“Relax. He used to be a combat field medic back in the Great War. He’s fixed up way worse than this.”
The autobot said, trying his best to reassure her.

Axis stayed quiet. Still nervous and unsure.

2 Likes

“It was, wasn’t it?” Gronius grinned as he approached Cyclonus and raised his hand for a chest hand shake.

Cyclonus returned the gesture vigorously.

“Hey, since all our matches got canned for the say, how’s about you and me go out and have a sparing match? Just one on one! Maybe I’ll get to blow some pieces off of you myself!”

“In your dreams, I’d mop the floor with you just like I did so many times before.” Gronius said, smirking. “You’ve seen Skywarp?”