Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic

“That’s fair,” Backbreaker conversationally replies. “Got a few bots here that try to keep a low profile. Keeps 'em from getting paired against the heavy-hitters. If that’s what suits you…”

The Autobot shrugs his shoulders again. Everybody had their own way of surviving here, and as long as it didn’t do him any harm, he didn’t pass judgement.

They come in, but Machbreaker noticeably hangs back, closest to the door. He was nervous, the tablet almost jittering in his hands while thinking of the best way to word the request. On the way there Railgun had decided that Machbreaker would be the best one to ask as the doc liked him the most. And while Machbreaker couldn’t blame him for that, his leading brother had no idea what sort of burden he put on him.

He looks up at Railfire and then Maximus before giving a quick glance to Nebula. She could speak, she really should be the one asking and not him. Again, he could see the reasoning why, but logic rarely made things easier. Nor would it be to do so before just Railfire, but Maximus as well.

Machbreaker’s mind went back to the old days, mostly stuck alone on the single rail of track blasting back and forth. Nothing other than the blast of sound being left behind and the increased forces of gravity to think about. It always helped calm him and cleared his mind. No, he would do it. If Nebula was to be Maximus’s partner, then he had a right to know the request. Perhaps even more so than Railfire.

Though what seemed liked minutes of hesitation to Machbreaker was probably no longer than a second after the door closes behind them. But finally for him, he breaks the silence and types out a response.

“A friend’s request sir. Nebula,” he briefly gestures over to her before the machine continues, “would like to bond with Maximus if that is alright with him. She is one of our best and believes she can help him control his power.”

1 Like

She paused, “You’re not…mad at me? Or, well, you don’t want to kill me?” She thought about this. This was pretty new. She didn’t get along great with autobots. This one may be…slightly different. She squeezed Oddball closer as if he would suddenly make all these issues go away.

Backbreaker shrugs yet again, putting those big shoulders of his to use.

“War’s over,” he says. “So I’m told, anyway.”

Hrzght!” Oddball squeaks.

1 Like

She looked down, “And you don’t feel any need for vengeance. No need to hurt those who killed your comrades?” She sounded remorseful, guilty almost.

She loosened up on Oddball patting his head.

“What’s the point?” Backbreaker asks rhetorically. “Iota makes sure his little toys don’t do each other any ‘excess harm’; and I figure, for as many guys I wanna run through the chop shop, there’s just as many who’d want to do the same to me.”

Voo-bap,” Oddball warbles.

“Thank you.”

1 Like

Maximus looked at the three and smiled.

“A minicon partner. I’ve read a lot about those. What was it called? Powerlnking?”
Maximus said.

“Power-linkx.
Railfire corrected.

“Yeah. That. Anyway, that could be cool.”
Maximus continued.

“I concur. Maximus and I were just discussing different ways to train his abilities. Having a minicon partner who could help control them manually would be a great service to us.”
The medic followed up.

“Excellent. So doc, when would be the best time to get this done? Whenever you’re ready, I am. Preferably as soon as possible.”
Nebula said.

“Primus! It talks!”
Maximus exclaimed, quite surprised. So much so that he jumped backwards and fell flat on his back. Nebula then jumped on to the predacon’s chest and looked him in the eyes.

“Yeah I can talk. What about it?”
She said in an assertive tone. Clearly having taken offense to what he said.

“Uh, nothing. It was just… Unexpected.”
Maximus said.

“And by the way, this it has a name. That’s Nebula. If you want me to help you out, you better show some respect. Got it?”
The minicon was being surprisingly assertive, considering that she was talking to a bigger bot. It was clear that regardless of size, she wasn’t about to take slag from anyone.

1 Like

“Do you know anything about me?” She asked tentatively.

She kept him secure in her arms. Not unlike a doll really, a doll for an ungainly tall robot however…quite odd.

Machbreaker lets out a sigh of relief that both Railfire and Maximus were surprisingly okay with this. Though with how confrontational Nebula was being…No, no, can that thought. Maximus definitely deserved it.

Railgun meanwhile gave a small smile, definitely finding this entertaining. He takes the tablet from Machbreaker and has it speak a response.

“We all can talk, just not many were allowed to speak your tongue. Count yourself lucky kid, one less side thing to learn.”

“Well I knew you could talk, I just didn’t know any of you could talk like us.”
Maximus tried to stand up, but found Nebula to be heavier than he expected.

She enjoyed watching the predacon squirm under her.
“You know what, maybe this won’t be as bad as I thought.”
She said with a devilish smile.

Backbreaker shakes his head.

“Nope,” he says.

She pauses, “Oh. I was just a sniper. So, I just get nervous around autobots…I’ve lost my will to fight in a lot of these cases,” she sighed looking down.

“I get that,” Backbreaker sympathizes. "A lot of people here are sick of fighting. They want to get out of here, and get on with their lives.

Oddball looks up at Spirit, a deadpan expression on his face.

“I was grabbed when the war was still…going…so it was a shock…quite a shock,” she said slowly, “Maybe I should open up…not that my complexion does much…” She looked up with her glassy face, devoid of features due to the empurata.

She gave him a light squeeze, like one would do to a puppy.

“Empurata?” Backbreaker asks, figuring that if she’d been born with a face like that, she’d be used to expressing herself despite its lack of features.

Wa-voo-bee-boop,” he requests.

“Okay, please let me go now.”

She nodded, “Yes, I use to have a face…and proper hands…got mixed up in some autobot politicians…and I got buried. That’s how I ended up a con…”

She shook her head at him, “No, you’re mine…”

Mh,” Backbreaker grunts, frowning.

“I’m sorry.”

Sighing, Oddball breaks down into his cloud form, the tiny pieces of himself slipping through Spirit’s arms and reforming beside her.

Wa-woo-zee-trill-dee,” he says,

“Respectfully, ma’am: no I ain’t.”

“One day I’ll be fixed…one day,” she sighed.

She stared at him, “Wow…you’re something else…I hope I can keep you around little guy…”

“Zlip zwirp zip zip?” “Ah come on, would you please get off him?” Machbreaker said as he walked over. “Or you waiting for him to ask?” “Zip zup?”

1 Like

Nebula smiled. She liked the sound of that.

“Listen here predacon. This isn’t something I want to do. But if you’re to have any chance of getting your act together fast enough to get out, you’re going to need my help. Partnering with anyone like this goes against everything I’ve ever stood for, but it looks like I don’t have a choice anymore. I want you to understand the sacrifice I’m making in order to help you out. We’re gonna be equals in this partnership got it?”
Nebula said, speaking with great confidence and conviction.

Maximus was taken aback, but ultimately he admired the minicon’s assertiveness and will to stand up for herself. Something he very much respected.

“Alright. You got it.”
Maximus said kindly.
“Now can you get off me?”
He asked.

With that Nebula hopped down and quickly climbed up on to one of the operating tables. Maximus then stood up and sat next to her.

“Alright doc. Lets do this.”
Nebula said.

Railfire nodded.
“Very well.”
He said. The old medic knew very well what she was giving up here, and greatly respected it.

First he worked on Maximus. Adding a retractable Powerlinx post on to his left forearm. The modification was simple and took little time. For Nebula however, the proceedure was much more invasive, and would take longer.

Maximus got up from the table as she was put into stasis, and Railfire began to work.