Transformers: Tournament of Terror. Sign up and discussion topic.

It can also be annoying when your serious scene is interrupted by the whole place suddenly becoming the Sound of Music.

1 Like

Who said it was a serious moment? I didn’t see anything major beyond talking to the meduc, and they could have ignored it easily. (And they did.)

I mean, if these things are annoying to you guys I’ll stop. I just didn’t think it would be an issue.

2 Likes

For Gronius, at least, it was.
Not to mention that everybody was at least partially tensed up by Railfire’s appearance.

From Maximus’ way of writing it, nobody seemed to have fully ignored that.

You misunderstood me. I myself am not annoyed by it. I am explaining why my characters were.

1 Like

Sorry, again, the dislike of music and singing is a somewhat foriegn concept to me. That and the characters you create do reflect, to a degree your personality, and with so many characters disliking it, I didn’t want to bother anyone.

On a side note, I’m waiting for Iota to got the way of Seth and get eliminated and replaced.

Just a sort of, ‘bang!’ And the man behind the man behind the curtain steps out.

1 Like

Ehhh… not really.

1 Like

Hey, @Toa_Vladin, Backbreaker made an attack against your character in my last post. Could you respond to that please?

1 Like

But you also stated that her attack worked. If it did, then she would immediately go on to my next move. His blind swordswinging might still happen (if he would have the strength in the arm and in the abs to do it), and I can edit it to say that Song reacted to it, but my last post would still happen between she catching him and he swinging his sword.

1 Like

@Chromeharpoon
@ProfSrlojohn
@Toa_Vladin
@Khalsa721
@meepinater
@ajtazt

Alright, since we’re a few days in, I think now is a good time to ask. How is everybody enjoying the game so far?

2 Likes

Of what little I’ve participated very much.

Looking forward to Juliana’s eventual turn in the arena. (For which i have a battle music idea, though I’m not sure it fits.)

1 Like

I háve no idea.

I wouldn’t say it is bad it’s just… extremely, ridiculously high-peased, at least for my expectation. In three days we had the Maximus/Gronius fight, the Railfire reveal, the first arena fight, the Maximus/Grimlock conversation, and tons and tons and tons of conflicts.
As one of the few persons who know basically the whole story behind this I expected all of these events to happen in the most optimistic case in a week.

That’s what I’ve noticed; Its not the ammount of people / posts this time it’s the actual pacing. I can barely follow becuase everytime I check it seems some other fight or plot happened.

1 Like

It’s extremely blink-it-and-you’ll-miss-it. And than comes from a guy who really considers his rp fast paced.

1 Like

What do you have in mind?

Well luckily I’ve pretty much burnt through all of the planned content for the beginning. I plan for a lot of what comes next to be more character driven rather than plot driven as it’s been up until now. You guys will be able to set the pace and direction of the story as it builds up to the climactic breakout.

I do apologize for the poor pacing. My writing abilities are admittedly better suited for isolated stories that I write myself, rather than an rpg such as this. And I hope that as we move into this more character driven middle section, that I’ll be able to improve in that regard.

1 Like

Is that really such a good idea to “burn through” your plot? If anything just the gridlock fight should’ve been the only important part if the beggining,

2 Likes

I feel like you should have said as much in your initial post (i.e. “If successful, Song would lift Backbreaker into the air” or somesuch). Instead, you gave me time to have my character act after Wildsong knocked him down, and I chose to make an attack of my own, that I feel Wildsong needs to respond to.

1 Like

Right then. I’ll edit the post.

1 Like

Admittedly, yes. I should have taken my time with a lot of this. Railfire’s resolve and change of heart for example. I love the motivations and reasoning I came up with for why he wanted to see Maximus free. But upon reflection, it happened way too fast. It should have been a slow change.

But what’s happened has happened. And unless anyone wants to start over, this is what we have to work with.

But, now that I’ve run out of preplanned material, I’ve decided you guys should drive the story. Let the characters do what they will, and have the events change as consequence. All the while building up to the breakout, where I have planned actions for my characters that will happen independently of your actions.

1 Like

The Soviet march from C&C: Red Alert 3

Or Yuriko’s theme from the same game.

I’m not sure the first fits, (though if you can find a way to use it, go for it) but the second one would definitely work.

2 Likes

Well I just so happen to fricken love Soviet March. And I think it would work well in a fight with one of the larger bots. Probably Blackout.

EDIT:
@Chromeharpoon
@ProfSrlojohn
@Toa_Vladin
@Khalsa721
@meepinater
@ajtazt

Actually, after thinking about it, I’ve just had an idea. Since we’re only three or so days in, how would you guys feel about a reset? Starting over from a certain point, and trying again with a slowed down pace. Not starting over from the very beginning, but say right after the Grimlock fight. We go back to there, and I give everything time to play out at a slower, more natural pace. What do you guys think?

• Yes. Reset and start over.
  • No. Keep going from where we are now.

0 voters

1 Like