Transformers: Twilight of the Golden Age Part II

Maximus temporarily dropped his guard when Ichor called him friend. Axis took this moment to reason with him.

“I really think this guy is on our side. I trust him.”
Axis told the predacon.

Maximus thought for a moment before speaking again.
“Alright. Fine. But if you turn on us, I’m not gonna be surprised about it.”

@MaxinePrimal “I’m sure you will.”

@Ace “I understand. Given the circumstances, I would be no different in your position.”

“though we are expecting a functionalist shuttle.”

“And that’s when I get to crack skulls right?”
Maximus asked with a mix of eager enthusiasm and impatience.

“no, there will be no war on this ship,” he said sternly

“Oh come on! You’re really just going to let a bunch of angry dictators walk on in and not even rough 'em up?”

Piston looks at Ichor. “I do not want to allow the Funtionalists into this ship. However, that is a decision only your captain can make. Only when it is necessary will I attack them. I do not wish to include you in our conflict.”

“thank you Piston.” He said with a nod, “and I doubt they’ll send more then just a small envoy Maximus.”

“But they’re still the bad guy. And we fight the bad guy. So why exactly are we not going to fight them?”

“War, according to the Primes, was likened to a delicate game of moves and countermoves.” Firestorm said, walking into the hanger, “A hasty force is one doomed to failure.”

“So we’re really just going to let them walk in without any opposition? Unbelievable.”
Maximus said.

“I didn’t say that.” Firestorm told Maximus, “I was pointing out we need to be calm and patient in our approach.”

Seraphicon walked in, looking disgusted at Muto, specifically the Functionalist Extremists, due to him imagining just how many innocent lives were taken because of racist and extremist philosophies.

“So then what are we going to do?”

“we’re going to attempt to negotiate first,” replied ichor

“And when has talking ever solved anything?”

“Our guest here seems familiar with their tactics.” Said the Knight, referring to Piston, “Let’s hear his ideas on how to welcome,” he said that with Dark’s twisted smile creeping in, “the ambassadors from the Functionalists.”

“Better idea. I stab them in the face and end it all right now.”

“And incite their wrathful vengeance upon us by poking the proverbial hornets’ nest.” Firestorm told Maximus.

Ichor facepalms

“We’re gonna fight them sooner or later. So why wait?”