Transformers: Twilight of the Golden Age Part II

Whetstone thought for a moment, then nodded. “Yeah, I forgot about that. I made a mistake, never mind.”

Coalburn and Killstreak now sit in the commons, staring out the window into the endlessness of space.

“This whole thing will end soon,” Killstreak realizes.

“It’s a little sad to think about,” Coalburn responds.

“Why?”

“Traveling space, seeing new worlds, saving the universe… It makes capturing criminals seem kind of boring.”

“I never took you for someone who finds entertainment in adventure.”

“I never took you for someone who cares for anything besides herself and her ship.”

“Touche.”

“Adventure has a way of changing people. I’m not the same dinosaur that borrowed your shuttle from Cybertron in search of money.”

“You talk a lot more. And you stole the Divider.”

"Did not! I had full intentions of returning it to you on Junkion. Anyways, as the quest ends, and the journey completes, you look back and wonder, Was I always this way? And when you find out the answer, life just seems much less… wholesome. You’ve lived life in this tiny little hole in the ground. You thought your hole smelled fine, and all that was fulfilling was the food, but when someone opens up your little door… you find that you were lying to yourself.

'There’s no way this ends happy, Killstreak. Even if we win, even if we all make it back home, we won’t be fulfilled anymore. Once we know our home is a hole, we can never forget it again."

“Since when did you become so wise, Mr. Coalburn?”

“Since Zipline downloaded translated Terran books onto my device.”

Killstreak gives a half-happy laugh, and returns to staring out the window. “I don’t agree. I feel this quest has fulfilled me, but in the sense that once it ends, I can be free to do what I want.”

“Which is?”

“I’m going to leave the Guild. That was more Sp- Absolution’s thing anyways. I’ll be starting a new life.”

“What about your reputation?”

“Who cares? No one reads the Guild charts anyways. Besides maybe Chaplain.”

“It’s a big change.”

“Weren’t you the one just talking about finding yourself in a different place after an adventure?”

Coalburn looks downwards. “Yeah… I guess I just don’t want you to leave.”

Killstreak looks into her friend’s eyes, placing a hand on his shoulder (about as high as she could reach). “I’ll never leave any of you.”

1 Like

The Scimitar rendezvous with thirty-three other warships behind Artemis, all damaged to some degree and undergoing repairs. This was all the Commonwealth could spare, for the moment. It had proven difficult to muster this much of the Cybertronian Commonwealth’s military resources, and even then, Refuse, Autobahn, and their fleet had been beset by Terrorcons and delayed. It was impossible to tell when they’d arrive.

Below the fleet, the light of the Allspark within its’ Well continues to fade in and out, as the life-force of Primus was slowly being drained away by Nemesis Prime.

The power of the Dead Matrix was having an effect on Beta Maxx, due to his connection with the Allspark, however the Minicon was trying to conceal it. An observant bot aboard the Excalibur might notice that his yellow optics had dimmed slightly.

1 Like

Whetstone frowned at Beta Maxx. “Beta, you okay? You seem… subdued.”

“I’m fine,” Beta Maxx reassures Whetstone. “Fine… yes… for the moment.”

“… Let’s not waste time when we get to Trecedim, shall we?”

OOC:

@Ace @BlackBeltGamer98 @MaxinePrimal @meepinater @MichaelTheLightBringer @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @Toa_Vladin

To further facilitate making arrangements for the final battle, please consider using this poll to let me know what day(s) work(s) best for you.

• Friday, December 21st
  • Saturday, December 22nd
  • Sunday, December 23rd
  • Sometime after Christmas (please specify)
0 voters

OOC: I’d rather get the finale done before the Christmas weekend, like today or tomorrow, because I am likely gonna be very busy for that timespan. If we do the finale after Christmas, I would be happy if we did it early January 2019 but that’s probably not an option.

IC: Seraphicon nods and asks Teletraan Iota if the ship could move any faster without risking the safety of those aboard.

1 Like

“Diverting all available power to Transwarp drive,” complies Teletraan Iota.

1 Like

Seraphicon kept his eyes forward, hoping they’ll see Trecedim soon.

In the Scimitar’s crowded sickbay, captain Glaive of the Javelin lay in critical condition.

Hammer and Hydro Rex were in the Sickbay as well.

“Man she’s hurt pretty bad.” Hydro said.

“I know.” Hammer said detaching the Requiem Blaster from his right forearm storing it unto his back, reaching Captain Glaive, placing his hand onto her shoulder gently.

“You’ll be fine.” Hammer said to her.

OOC: Also I’m pretty bored so a little interaction may make things a bit interesting, while the RP is in a shutdown.

“…Thanks… whoever-you-are,” Glaive weakly responds. Her optics widen as she lays eyes on the Requiem Blaster.

“Wait… is that the…?”

“My name is Hammer.” Hammer tells her.

Hammer takes the Requiem Blaster from his back and shows it to her more up close. “Yes it is.” Hammer says.

“Wow…” Glaive breaths as she eyes the weapon, before slowly turning her head to look up at the ceiling.

“So, you’re one of the guys who-”

Glaive pauses to wince as a spike of pain shoots down her right leg.

“-Who went off to those ancient colonies, huh?” she assumes.

“Actually I come from a colony.” Hammer ads. “I’m from Bellator, I joined the Relic Hunters, it was but my second encounter with my home world that then I got the Requiem Blaster. With the help of other great warriors the Relic Hunter team had to offer.” Hammer tells her.

Hammer placed the Requiem Blaster unto his back again.

“Wow…” Glaive quietly reacts, “that’s-”

Another pained grimace.

“-That’s… that’s pretty cool.”

1 Like

Hammer nods. “I guess you could say that.” Hammer then looks at her and realized her injuries. “Thankfully me and the others came just in the nick of time.”

“…Could’ve come a bit sooner, honestly…” Glaive responds.

“Well…better late then never, right?” Hammer said. “Is there anything I could do to help?” he asked.

Me?” Glaive asks. “No, I don’t think so. That’s up to the doctors… and maybe Primus, I guess.”

Warya was staying in the bar, half drunk. She had another glass of Energex in her right hand. Suddenly Chopbot came in and sat down next to her.
“What are you doing?” the Seacon said.
“I want to get myself drunk.” Warya responded without looking at him.
“I can see that, but why?”
“Simple: we are all going to die.”
She took a sip from the glass while Chopbot was looking at her, confused.
“Why are you saying this?”
“Because,” Warya said turning to him “I am scared, all right? I wasn’t that scared when we stole all of those stuffs from the museum, or when the Heralds first attacked or in all of these new, unexplored, unknown planets. But honestly, now I am pretty scared. I am actually very scared. The Matrix is destroyed, the ship was temporarly destroyed, and the Heralds are now unstoppable. This is it, Chopbot! This was our story! And I can hardly believe that we can survive this thing. Who knows, maybe the Heralds will decide to leave us alive.”
“Well… There will always be the light in our sparks!”
“Oh, don’t you try to convince me with your religious Angelicon logic!”
“Look, Warya, I understand your fear. It’s your right to be afraid. But what started as just a wish to learn from a Knight turned to become an actual new self. I know it sounds cheesy, but I am actually not scared about what is going to happen! I am actually hyped! We’ve met alien Cybertronians, we’ve used ancient overpowered artefacts, we’ve seen Primes! So many stories turned out to be real in such a short amount of time! If we did these things, why couldn’t we beat the Heralds too?”
“We’ve lost the Matrix, Chopbot! Remember? The thing that was meant to light our darkest hour? Well the darkest hour is yet to come if it is not already here and we have no candel!”
“We don’t need the Matrix, Warya! Don’t you get it? It was just an interpretation of our true candels: our sparks!”
“It was a little more than that.” she said, sarcastically.
“No, it wasn’t! It was just an instrument meant to keep all of us together! We are the Matrix, Warya! We are the ones who have the touch and the power. As long as our sparks work together we are unbeatable! And this is exactly what keeps me hyped for what is yet to come.”
The two sat in the bar, silent.

2 Likes