Transformers: Twilight of the Golden Age Part II

The figure turns, and beneath the hood of his garb Firestorm could see the face of Optimus Prime.

3 Likes

“Optimus?” Firestorm asked, almost in a whisper, “How are you here? I thought you couldn’t leave Trecedim.”

“Under most circumstances, I cannot, yes,” affirms Optimus Prime. “Primus, however, would not allow me to miss the coronation of the next Prime.”

2 Likes

“Oh I see.” Hammer said. “Well I don’t really have a plan, where my services could be needed.”

“Well I know…but that means I gotta go to Primogenitum but I don’t want to stay away from you my friend I mean were brothers till the end and we need to stick together.” Hydro said.

“If that is what your wish.” Hammer replied.

“We’ll see after the coronation.” Hammer said to Seraphicon.

1 Like

Firestorm chuckles, “No, I don’t think he would.” Dark showed up, possessing the Talismanic Armor, “Not to sound conceited but, WHERE THE HECK IS MY STATUE?!!”

“Dark, how many times do I have to remind you that we have our statue; you were too busy trying to figure out a ‘dramatic pose’ for it.”

“How about some refreshments?” Firestorm asked Optimus, pointing to Maccadam’s, “I’ve heard that place is legendary.”

“Until then, my brothers.” Seraphicon told Hammer and Hydro.

2 Likes

Optimus nods.

“Indeed. I remember when Alchemist ran the establishment.”

“Wait where are you going?” Hammer asked.

Both Dark and Firestorm had an eyebrow up higher than thought possible. “Did you say Alchemist ran the place?” Firestorm asked.

Either he had never heard of the place before recently or he had a few gaps in his memory banks that probably needed to be addressed.

Seraphicon shrugged, “I guess wherever the wind takes me.”

“Yes, during the Golden Age, Alchemist often could be found behind the bar in the evening hours,” Optimus affirms.

Firestorm snaps his fingers, realizing that this was after he vanished, “Oh, that makes sense.” He said.

“How much are you willing to bet he got really drunk there on some of those late shifts?” Dark asked.

“Huh a lone hawk.” Hydro said. “Its a shame I’ve heard a place which is legendary, its called Maccadam’s, it has the finest drinks there, heard Alchemist run the place too.”

“Well if you want to accompany us and grab a drink, it will be our pleasure, Seraphicon.” Hammer said.

“Oh, I do not need to bet on that,” says Optimus wryly. “I can still recall some of the more memorable of those occasions.”

Optimus begins to walk towards the glass door of Maccadam’s.

2 Likes

Firestorm snickered a bit before following Optimus to the establishment.

“Not a ‘lone hawk’,” Seraphicon said, “Just don’t really have any solid plans but some refreshments sound good.”

“Good, follow me.” Hydro Rex said as he made his way towards the Maccadam’s, he was followed by Hammer and Seraphicon could follow them as well.

The interior of Maccadam’s was vast and crowded with a myriad of different varieties of Cybertronian. Three floors hung above a small pit in which a band performed a lively melody that played across speakers throughout the establishment, and all over the walls and floor were screens and holo-projectors set to various channels (mostly sporting events and the news). Sitting around circular tables, bots drank, conversed merrily, and, well, drank some more. Dim lights cast the bar in a subdued, sleepy ambiance, and an easygoing, casual air permeates Maccadam’s as the patrons enjoy a few spirits before the coronation.

4 Likes

Seraphicon smiled, glad to see so many differen people in one place enjoying themselves.

“I wonder how this place felt when Alchemist was running it.” Firestorm muttered.

“Alright lets get something to drink shall we?” Hydro asked.

“Yes, I’m down for that.” Hammer said. “Lets go Seraphicon.”

Though there were many different people, Hammer saw Firestorm and a figure which he has not seen before.

Hammer approached Firestorm. “Hey there buddy, I see you got a new friend.” he said.

“Much the same as this, in all honesty,” replies Optimus.

On the second floor of the establishment, Maccadam himself stood behind the bar, polishing a glass. Drones scurry about the oil house, from which the patrons could also order refreshments.

1 Like

Axis stood nervously in the Primal Bassilica. Maximus by her side.

“Relax. You’re going to do great.”
Said the Predacon.

“Are you sure? I mean, 13 planet’s to rule? Being in charge of a small group of people is one thing, but a dozen civilisations is a completely different!”

“You’ve been at this for a whole year now. I doubt it’ll be much different.”

“Yeah, but now its official. I’m pretty sure that’s going to change some things.”

“And whatever it is you can handle it.”

“You’re really that confident in me?”

“Of course I am! In all the time I’ve known you I’ve never seen someone more qualified for this job. Ever.”

“Come on. You’re just saying that.”

“But you’ll still be great.”

Axis paused for a moment, looking rather melancholy.

“What about home?”
She asked.

“What about Eukaris? I won’t be able to go back unless someone there needs me. I’ll hardly ever be able to see the rolling hills, arctic tundras, shimmering oceans, or the beautiful jungle paradise again. Aren’t you going to miss that?”

“Well of course I’ll miss it. But Eukaris isn’t what matters here. Its you. The light of my life. The thing that keeps me going.”

Maximus took her hands and pulled her close.

“I would do anything for you. And if that means moving from my old den to some big city planet then that’s fine.”

“Maximus I…”
Axis was at a loss for words. Choked up by the predacon’s sweet and kind words. She pulled herself into a deep embrace. Holding Maximus for all he was worth.

Maximus of course returned the gesture, and the two stayed like that for a while.

4 Likes

Before the doors to the Primal Basilica stand the leaders of every world in the Cybertronian Commonwealth, including the recent additions of the Prime colonies:

Daybreak, the former leader of Cybertron, who held the dormant Matrix of Leadership in her hands. Come noon, she would hand it to Axis in a ceremonial gesture as part of the coronation.

Chaplain, of Hecate.

The twin Micromasters Drill and Bit, of Gigantion.

Autobahn, of Velocitron.

Refuse, of Junkion.

Exilis, of Vergrandis.

Apex and Predaking, of Eukaris.

Query, of Sophos.

Maelstrom, of Spirabilis

Novus, of Elementum

Sum-of-the-Many, of Concordia.

Flux, of Muto.

Lathe, of Astrum.

The Twelve, of Primogenitum.

Chainmail, of Bellator.

And Hourglass, of Aevum. There were still a few hours to go until noon, so until then the leaders wave to the passing crowds and smile for the countless number of cameras trained upon the Primal Basilica.

An honor guard of Cybertronian Knights wait in the main hall of the Basilica, Ironclad, Razorwing, and Overgrowth among them.

5 Likes