Transformers: Twilight of the Golden Age Sign-up Topic (Concluded)

Yes, he can.

1 Like

Sorry then.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cybertronian_(faction)

2 Likes

Yeah, but that faction doesn’t exist here, either. “Cybertronian” refers purely to the species in this RP.

2 Likes

Name: maké
Homeworld: gigantron
Subclass/subspecies (optional): micromaster combiner
Appearance:

(Replace red with yellow)
Alt-mode: front half of a small Cybertronian truck
Weapons, Abilities, and Equipment: claw that he uses as a scorpion tail, can deploy an emp(doesn’t affect transformers) if merged with twin. Two Hunter drones built by haliaetus that hide in his wheels, can control pretender shells when with twin duel shotgun pistols
Bio: him and his twin joined haliaetus in one of his trips to gigatron a few centuries ago

Name: shifter
Homeworld: gigatron
Subclass/subspecies (optional): micromaster combiner
Appearance:

(Replace orange with yellow)
Alt-mode: back half of Cybertronian truck
Weapons, Abilities, and Equipment: claw used like a scorpion tail, sniper, can deploy an emp(doesn’t affect transformers) if merged with twin. can control pretender shells when with twin. Two Hunter drones built by haliaetus that hide in her wheels
Bio: see maké

1 Like

Accepted, though I’d like to know what exactly the hunter drones can do.

Hovering disks that track targets

Okay.

Name: Hardshot
Homeworld: Jukion
Subclass/subspecies: N/A
Appearance: His armor is a very very dark grey, bordering on black. Unlike most of his kind he tries to keep a sense of coherency to his color scheme, repainting any salvaged armor to match with the rest of armor. However paint can sometimes be a bit hard to come by, so he also wears a brown camouflage cape that not only looks cool, but also covers up the armor that doesn’t match. In terms of actual shape he tends to be pretty bulky and blocky, sharing many characteristics with his tank alt-mode
Alt-mode: PL-01

(Courtesy of Wikipedia)
Weapons, abilities, and equipment: Getting the obvious out of the way, he has all the features of the PL-01 when in that mode and some of the features in robot mode, including:

• Thermal Masking System (allows him to manipulate the thermal signature of his armor to either match his surroundings or give off false data)
  • Radar Absorbing Material (works better in tank mode)
  • 120 mm cannon (over the shoulder in robot mode)
  • 7.62 mm coaxial gun (in wrist on robot mode)
  • Night Vision
  • Active anti-projectile Defenses (8 shots, 75% chance of success decided by a D4, can only intercept projectiles he sees, reloading takes time and has to be done outside of combat)
  • Targeting Laser Detection Systems (Doesn’t work as well in robot mode, due to armor and the cape covering some of the sensors)
  • infrared and laser masking smoke mortars (22 total, reloading takes time and has to be done outside of combat)
    Other equipment and weapons includes a particularly large and over the top great sword, the above average strength needed to use this sword effectively, and a box of parts that he uses to patch himself up when needed. He also has a portable TV thing he uses to watch earth broadcasts on the go. If possible, he would also have visible cloaking equipment that works 75% of the time (will roll a D4 with every post that he uses it to see if it works).
    Bio: A native Junkion who picked up an obsession with japanese media, specifically anime. After discovering a rather interesting anime he began to equip himself with equipment and weapons that mimicked the style of the main character. However, for some unexplained reason* he was exiled from his Junkion tribe and forced to wander alone, facing off against groups of cannibal Junkions occasionally. These encounters would normally play out with Hardshot trying to fight them all off, then realizing he can’t, then running away. After living a while like this, he began looking for a way off of Junkion to see what else is out there.

[details=Unexplained Reason]If it wouldn’t be too much of a joke, I would like it if the reason he was kicked from his junkion weeaboo tribe was because he accidentally started a waifu war among the tribe. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I won’t blame you if you say no[/details]

2 Likes

Please choose a different alt-mode; the PL-01 is too powerful.

You see, none of the other PCs have anything close to this; they’re mostly civilian vehicles and beast-formers with standard weaponry. These would make Hardshot easily the most powerful character in the game, and would overpower and overshadow the other PCs.

I would also prefer that you choose another ability besides cloaking, as we already have a character with a similar power, and I’d like to avoid redundancy. I made an exception for @Toa_Vladin and @Ace’s characters (they’re Point One Percenters from the Great War, with their anomaly manifesting as a longer lifespan), but that’s just because they’re handling it quite differently from each other (two are Autobots who put the war behind them, while one is a bitter Decepticon trying to restore the faction), and it’ll be interesting if the three of them ever meet up, for obvious reasons. Having two characters with active camouflage doesn’t create quite so interesting situations, and again, I’d like to avoid redundancy and make it so that each PC has something that differentiates them from one another.

1 Like

I mean, I don’t really think it’d be in practice. The PL-01 and its features are very much designs to counteract human weapons and detection systems. In cybertron, where I believe most of the weaponry is laser based and much more advanced, most of these systems would be rendered useless or ineffective. I don’t expect to ever be able to use the active defenses systems because I highly doubt that anyone is going to be use solid projectiles. I also don’t expect a lot of people to be using targeting lasers. I mean, there’s always the possibility, but I don’t expect it to ever be the case.[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:92, topic:45895”]
I would also prefer that you choose another ability besides cloaking
[/quote]

Dang. I don’t quite see what the problem would be here, but oh well.

Unless I’m mistaken, I do have a few PCs who use projectile weaponry; weapons that said defenses would render almost useless. It might be coming from my inexperience as a GM, but I’m opposed to having characters who are almost immune to certain forms of attack. And, if I’m reading the page you linked right, the DAS seems much too advantageous, and all the different varieties of stealth tech are a little much.

I know I said in my first post that I’m not opposed to powerful characters, but I feel Hardshot, as he is currently, is many leagues above almost every other PC here in terms of armaments and power. I’d like him to be scaled back before I accept him, and an alt-mode change would certainly help. You can have a militaristic alt-mode, but the PLO-01 is just too much for me.

Wait really.

I’d be fine with having that not work as well in robot mode. Basically limit it to whatever he can currently see normally. Also I will admit that I didn’t completely read the page I linked, I was under the assumption it was basically 360° vision with night vision and a couple other types of vision

But that’s what makes it so cool

Without the actual visual cloaking most of that would be rendered useless in typical sight based combat.

Yes, I believe so.

I think it’d be too advantageous in any mode.

Well, then why have any of it, then? I don’t plan on having non-sight based combat here.

Look, please just tone Hardshot down. He’s a powerhouse amidst a cast of mostly average people (as average as transformers get, at least). He already has a significant advantage over the others just by being a junkion:

Looking back, I don’t really think it’d work against something like the Spray Nozzle.

Ehh, I’d at least like to keep the night vision and 360° vision in tank mode as that’s what I thought it did originally.

Partially having the ability to sneak around some, mostly because I didn’t want to leave any stuff out. A useless ability is still an ability.

I mean, I sorta see where you’re coming from but also not really. A lot of what makes him “powerful” is very situational. For example, if he’s going up against a bunch of people who use thermal imaging for sight and who fire exclusively heat seaking missiles, then yes he would destroy them with ease. If he’s going against a bunch of normal people with standard energy based weapons, then he’d probably end up not doing so well.

@Toa_Vladin doesn’t specify if two (perhaps three) of his characters carry projectile weapons or not. @Ace also doesn’t specify the nature of Haliaetus’ pistol. Even if these all aren’t projectile weapons, any other latecomers that do create characters with some are now are put at a significant disadvantage against Hardshot. Too significant for my liking.

I’m fine with night vision, but I won’t accept 360° vision.

This might be my biggest problem with the alt-mode: the PLO-01 is an awesome vehicle, to be sure, but it’s just too much for this game. If you want a militaristic alt-mode, please pick a simpler one.

Now you’re just cramming stuff in for no reason other than just to have it there. I don’t see a reason for that.

@MichaelTheLightBringer also tried to create a situational character, which I vetoed. I’m just not keen on the concept, as I feel it runs the risk of creating a character that is nearly unstoppable under the right conditions.

Projectile, along with maké’s guns

1 Like

None of my characters has projectile weapons. Only lasers.

1 Like

I would assume that they’re all energy based, as out of the (albeit limited) amount of transformers media I’ve seen I don’t remember ever seeing standard projectile based weapons. Of course

This exists. I could put some ammo cap on it or roll a dice to see if it succeeds if you want.

Eh, sure.

I mean, it could possibly be useful. It’d render him almost invisible to thermal detection and the like, same thing with the radar stuff, and even if I don’t see it coming into play often it’d be cool if it did end up being useful.

That sorta is what situational means. Of course, in most cases and probably in my case those situations are entirely unrealistic and probably requires the GM to be actively creating such a situation.

It’s in the movies

2 Likes