Transformers: Twilight of the Golden Age

The party would now come across the Temple of Life, the resting place of Quintus Prime. It had not escaped the Emberstone’s corruption- in fact, being the epicenter of the blight, it was the worst effected, choked in diseased techno-organic biomass that oozed corrupted Energon.

Before the party was an immense… thing. A seventy-foot tall abomination, as tortured and disfigured as its’ surroundings, grappled with Infernocus.

“Aw, that’s awesome!” Bootleg cheers, reminded of the various mecha anime and kaiju films he and Salvage enjoyed binge-watching together. “I’m rootin’ for the big guy!”

“Which one?” ask Beta Maxx.

Bootleg points to the abomination. “The big guy,” he clarifies.

Nearby, Megabolt, his forearms taking the form of two miniguns, fired hailstorms of plasmic dark energon at oncoming hordes of twisted bots. Thunderclash sat on his right shoulder pauldron.

“If only,” continues Nemesis Prime.

“No, instead we are casts aside, while the ones we pledge ourselves to bask in the glory that we sacrificed to obtain for them. Or, in our case, we share in their failure.”

Simulare flew as high as he could above the massive monster

The abomination was too busy trading blows with Infernocus to notice. Thunderclash, however, did.

He whistles to grab Megabolt’s attention.

“Hey, pal, we got company!” he calls over the roar of the miniguns.

“Of that I am aware!” calls back Megabolt.

“No, not the freakshow!” clarifies Thunderclash, “I mean those real annoying guys!”

Growling, Megabolt shifts his right forearm into the singularity cannon, looking around until he spies Simulare. He fires the weapon, continuing to tear into the horde with his left forearm’s minigun configuration.

“I’ve heard this little diatribe a thousand times,” says Ramjet.

“True,” concedes Nemesis, “but I’ve never given you the credit you deserve in helping me to come to these conclusions.”

“I’m flattered,” Ramjet deadpans. He actually was, somewhat.

He dodged and kept flying up

“Separate into teams: one to get into the temple and look for the Stone and the other to keep the Heralds busy if they overpower the beast.” Firestorm said to everyone on the comlink.

“Hopefully, the Stone is in the temple but the beast could possibly have it as well.” Seraphicon replied.

Thunderclash opens a portal in Simulare’s flight path, which would deposit him into the path of Megabolt’s minigun and the oncoming horde.

Nemesis removes the Dead Matrix from his chest.

“With this,” he proclaims, “we shall be the masters. We will drain the life-force of the Cybertronians’ god and harness it for our own ascension. All of creation will bend to our will.”

“And the only thing in our way is the other Matrix,” Ramjet finishes.

“Indeed,” says Nemesis. “It is fortunate, somewhat, that existing on the same plane renders both inert, however that means the Dead Matrix cannot be opened until the other is destroyed.”

“Beta, is the Stone in the temple?” Seraphicon asked.

Firestorm elects to stay outside and keep an eye on things.

“I can’t tell!” Beta Maxx says. “The corruption is hindering the blighted sparks’ connection to the Allspark.”

OOC: what does this mean?

“Can you locate the corruption source’s physical epicenter?” Seraphicon asked.

“Look, Angel,” Dark growled, “Just get in the temple and look for it; that beast isn’t going to be able to hold off our enemies forever.”

He dodged the portal
OOC: I misinterpreted your post

1 Like

Beta Maxx shakes his head. The Emberstone was beyond the reaches of his senses.

“Maybe he’s just running away?” wonders Thunderclash.

“Doubtful,” comments Megabolt as he continues to lay waste to the horde.

Infernocus continues to wrestle with the abomination, his body wreathed in violet flame. He swings furiously at the monster’s chest and head.

1 Like

He kept going up

OOC: I think Simulare is trying to do a Meteor Strike a la Doomfist.

IC: Seraphicon nods and begins to head into the temple.

“Bootleg,” Dark said, “You want to stay out here or go with the others?” He asked.

OOC: gee, the thought never crossed my mind.

IC: [quote=“BlackBeltGamer98, post:11396, topic:45979”]
“Bootleg,” Dark said, “You want to stay out here or go with the others?” He asked.
[/quote]

“As awesome as this is to watch,” says Bootleg, “an’ really, its’ frakkin’ awesome, I think it’d be better for my health if I went with the Angelicon.”

Megabolt fires a volley of missiles at Simulare.

1 Like

He fired missiles at the incoming fire, along with missile flares

1 Like

Firestorm nods and runs to give Bootleg to Seraphicon. “Now, find that stone.” The Knight ordered the Angelicon before returning to watch the Heralds and beast. If the beast carried the Stone, there would be an indicator, the trick is figuring out what that indicator would be.

Seraphicon looked at Beta Maxx, “Where would the Stone have been stored?” He asks as he looks for some sort of signal from the temple’s interior (like vines with glowing energy flowing out from some point of origin like river water from a spring) to find which way to go.

Zipline sneaks around the monster, trying to pounce from behind.

OOC: I’ve already forgotten how large Zipline is

Megabolt grunts.

“Deal with the freakshow,” he commands Thunderclash. “I’ll swat the bug out of the sky.”

“Dude, I’m six feet tall,” protests Thunderclash.

“Use your space-magic-portal-thingamajigs, or something,” implores Megabolt as he takes to the air.

“Inside the temple, with Quintus,” Beta informs.

A gaping hole in the mass, like the maw of a fearsome sea monster, yawns wide.

Seraphicon picks up a stone and gently tosses it inside to see if there was anything dangerous. He carries Bootleg in his free hand, “Think you could fit in that subspace pocket you installed into my armor?” He asks his wounded friend.

If it’s still with Quintus Prime’s body, that still leaves me with the question of where the body is stored in this temple. he thought, trying to figure out where the tomb would most likely be.

He sees this and increased speed