Translucent Gali Mask

In a not-so-subtle callback to the Kaukau mata, you can now acquire a translucent Mask of Water at the LEGO 2015 Inside Tour. There are 200 of them, so yes, it’s a collector’s item. Here’s an image for reference.
You can attend the event on the following dates:
5 May – 8 May
19 May – 22 May
9 June – 12 June
16 June – 19 June
It’ll cost you 2500$ to attend it, and that’s not including travel accommodations.
Now all we need is a neon-green Mask of Jungle.

13 Likes

;-; I cannot

3 Likes

That’s not too bad.

…Crud…

11 Likes

I’m going to go back to my role as skeptic and say that the image looks faked. Also, where is the time and date info from? Just curious.

7 Likes

The info for the event can be found here
Unfortunately, however, registration is no longer open. So if you want the mask, you’ll have to purchase it elsewhere.

3 Likes
View post on imgur.com
6 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/lhjhbB9.gif

15 Likes

it’s beautifull

but expensive

4 Likes

£1500 for the experience alone… no thanks.

Chances are the mask might be released with the activity book in the end of the year… at least hopefully it does

8 Likes

Same, the mask is just too dark to be a part of 2015 Gali.

1 Like

wellll i now know what my life is for

So far, there has yet to be any official mention of the mask by LEGO, and every source image comes from the same tumblr page.

However, I’m pretty proficient in Adobe Photoshop and have a pretty keen eye for things that are faked. From what I can tell, this looks entirely legitimate.
Most people that pull off these frauds like to do it for the attention, and make a huge deal out of it. But the tumblr page in question does little to nothing to talk about the mask itself.
So, I’d say this is pretty legit.

2 Likes

Great! Now I can save up for next year! :smile:

NEXT YEAR
Oh man, I forgot! Oh well, I’ll save up for next year! :slight_smile:

REPEATS FOR ETERNITY

TBH I thought it was gonna be a picture of the 2001 Kaukau…

2 Likes

But…the numbered packaging…

1 Like

sigh
Another alternate color mask for 2015.

5 Likes

let’s hope there will be a transparand light blue mask of water for everyone :confused:

Three words: Not worth it.

7 Likes

Two words: True dat

5 Likes

If it isn’t, I will build a wall of pillows around myself and listen to pink floyd “the wall” for a couple of hours. This is the only collectible I really REALLY want.

6 Likes

For $2500 you get a Trans-blue mask and a tour…Now i’m imagining the amount of LEGO sets I could buy with $2500, so no, I will not be going…

3 Likes