Translucent Gali Mask

I was writing up why I don’t think that’d be much of an issue but, come to think of it, this probably was the better call.

Although the Mask of Ice included in the Skull Warrior set isn’t entirely trans-blue, there’s enough of the colour that it has become associated with that particular mask. Having another mask be in that same colour, albeit completely translucent, might make either one feel slightly less special.

3 Likes

The G1 Kanohi Kaukau was originally released in trans-dark blue.

Just saying.

5 Likes

well look at nokamas msk but thats differnt because thats her natrual mask

Been trying to track it down, saw it on Ebay a while back but no luck. If anyone has any luck finding a listing let me know? :3

Totally did it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Bionicle-CHROME-GOLD-custom-Gali-Kaukau-mask-of-water-/252016132270?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aad5500ae

Can’t find it, sorry.

7 Likes

You realise that is fan-made right? Just checking, because it might not even fit on a head.

I have a bad feeling that chrome will chip off

2 Likes

D: The TTV team should talk about collectible masks like this one in G2. I really wish this was available in the activity book, it’s quite disappointing that it doesn’t seem to be.

Well, I tried to find an average price for one online and, well

so after I excluded some searches

sigh

5 Likes

Who da hell sold the 2015 Gold Gali mask for just 20 Dollar, man is he stupid or what?

That’s a chrome plated, fan made Gold Gali Mask. It’s not the one officially made by Lego, nor even made from gold.

3 Likes

I’m far from an expert on casting plastic and making molds, but I’m pretty sure it’s far cheaper to make a mold for the gali mask and pour some trans blue plastic in that. And you can even reuse that cast to make more masks.

Actually, chrome and lego pieces go together very well, I have a chrome coated core hunter mask and none of the chrome has ever chipped off.

Did anyone find a definite value of the mask?

Expensive

aka

around $400 on eBay (if you’re lucky)