Tree-gate

After seeing Ven’s recent MOC spotlight I was inspired to post one of my own System builds here on the boards.

It was built for the Summer Joust competition on Flickr. So far this is probably my most-liked MOC and a personal favorite of mine.

Summer Joust Castle Collab/LCBTC Round 3: Gatehouse (in a tree!)

Yeah… this side ain’t as pretty.

Anyway, thanks for viewing and stuff.

~Reese

58 Likes

Dude this is amazing!!! I love the use of staff pieces that make up the roof, and the way you did the gate. The texturing everywhere on this is superb, and the choice of trans. black for the water really gives it a swampy feel. The minifigs really make this come alive! I love this thing!

3 Likes

For some reason I suddenly have the urge to play soul calibur…

Anyway, really nice, the build almost doesn’t look like Lego, the detail and shaping is excellent.

2 Likes

@Brickpiler
@Payinku
Thanks!

1 Like

Did Bossk go undercover?

@Leoxander
Yes?

So much detail, looks really nice

1 Like

Bravo good sir. Bravo.

1 Like

I- don’t know what to say. The texturing and layout of various details is so lifelike it’s almost surreal. Of course, the back breaks this illusion, but this is an otherwise spectacular MOC.

2 Likes

@1000Purse30
@Invader_Rose
@Stoax

Thanks guys!

It’s all amazing, from the murky water, to the organic yet stylised tree, to the striking detail and texture in the entrance!
My favorite detail is the use of what I assume are jumper plates in the walls to make dents and bumps to evoke an ancient feel.
Final vote: Righteous/10.

1 Like

@ Altair
Thanks!

They are surprisingly not jumper plates but rather regular 1x2 tiles; this allows it to jut out only a little bit. Jumper plates stick out a little too far for my taste, but they can be used to do the same thing.

1 Like

Such detail much wow

Trees naturally incorporated into other things are my fave.

Excellent work!

1 Like

Another great system build by you.

1 Like

@DarkTakanuva
Thanks! I agree with you, trees growing through buildings and other structures are really cool.
@Morgy
Thanks, glad you like it!

Glad you’re posting your system mocs here… They’re so awesome! I particularly love the roof on this one.