Trust Levels

which make it look as if we were nothing, like mere dust speks

6 Likes

How did I lose master??? I was before the switch. What happened!

2 Likes

I don’t approve of the new ranks

2 Likes

I know it’s up to staff to change/establish rules, but here me out on this. I think the third trust level has some somewhat unreasonable aspects to it, namely project promotion. Recently, I posted a peice of concept art for a project I’ve been doing work on. In the topic, I said that I needed help. I went on to describe the project and then name some of the things I needed help with. Now of course I know now that this was against the rules, but you must forgive me, at the time I was unaware, which is completely my fault for not reading that rule. @Waj kindly corrected me and told me that he’d have to close my topic unless I edited out the violation. He politely informed me that project promotion was restricted to trust level 3, and so I simply edited out the promotion and he reopened my topic. All of this was good, and I’m glad Waj pointed this out to me so that I knew how I was breaking the rule, but my actual issue is with the rule itself. I’m not going to recommend making trust level 3 easier to achieve, but I’d like to ask if you could possibly make project promotion easier to attain. Not necessarily opening the Promotions and Advertising forum to trust level 2, but perhaps allowing people with trust level 2 to promote projects related to the topic in which the promotion is taking place, like in my situation.

Again, you guys are in charge, and I’m sure you have your reasons for making it the way it is, but these are just my thoughts on the issue. I hope you’ll take them into consideration.

3 Likes

One reason why Project Promotion is restricted to level 3 is because it’s the only level that can be lost. Its to prevent a huge influx of promotion from lower levels (since those can’t be lost).

6 Likes

The logic in that certainly makes sense, but then again, level 3 is pretty difficult to attain, especially if you don’t have a whole lot of time to check 60% of all posts and topics created in the last 100 days (although at this point I don’t think I’ve quite been on here for 90 days, so that doesn’t matter much for me anyway).

2 Likes

Yeah its difficulty to obtain makes it more exclusive. It prevents people from joining for the sole reason of promotion- since they need to actively engage with the community to obtain and maintain level 3.

I will say though, we previously used to have way more people at level 3. While I don’t think there’ll be a change to the requirements, it would be interesting if the ‘visits’ one was lowered back to 60 days instead of 90. Since 90 days is quite a lot.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think so too. I’m actually a latecomer to the ttv message boards, unfortunately I hadn’t heard about them earlier, so I think I agree by default with that shortening lol

4 Likes

The requirements also increase with the amount of posts, topics, and users created, right Worj? That could be another reason for the drop in Masters.

3 Likes

I’m actually not so sure they’ve increased. In fact they seem to have decreased over time. The requirements seem to be standardized for all users as well, I couldn’t find any variation between people.

2015:

2017:

2 Likes

I dunno Wej, this is a screenshot of the requirements from 2016:

Not too sure if there’s a difference between what a basik scrub and a moderator sees, but it seems like a few of the numbers are wildly different.

2 Likes

Interesting… perhaps they increased in 2016 and decreased in 2017?

Just going off what I’ve seen people’s requirements to be now, they seem like a lot less for certain values while others are equivalent.

3 Likes

So um

Pretty sure I should be a master by now

But I’m not 100 percent sure

Can anyone confirm?

1 Like

just pm a mod, as they can check if you meet the requirements or not

5 Likes

I really need to get my act together and get back to master status

3 Likes

Just read every topic

1 Like

And reply to every topic.

There’s more than one requirement, y’know.

4 Likes

*Checks rank in a visious panic. See that I just lost master rank *

Welp.

1 Like

Saaaaaaame

1 Like

can we like, go back to the old rank names? these are stupid, who the heck came up with them?

3 Likes