TTV Channel Dev Update: 2017 Edition

Hey guys, @Jon Kaplan here to give you some updates on what’s coming to the TTV Channel PTR soon.

#new Roster
We’re updating the roster of playable characters! Last year, we added the “Support” class with @AvohkahTamer, and we’re pleased to announce that we’re now expanding that class with @Waj, @Cazapar and @Xeros610! They’ll be helping us with a myriad of different features and are extremely talented people that will be of huge benefit to the Team Comp.

We’re also adding another class, the “Reporters”. @JonBlueFire, @Yveran, @MetaRayMills and @Ultimate_TChalla have joined our News Team, and have been hard at work creating the articles that we have on our site! Send them some love, and check out their bios below.

News Team Bios

[quote]People call me Millsy. I’ve been a fan of LEGO since 2004, when I got my very first BIONICLE set for my birthday. Constraction has always been my favourite part of LEGO, but I enjoy dabbling in some aspects of System and Technic as well – particularly concerning robots, mechs and dragons. My favourite LEGO lines over the years include BIONICLE, Hero Factory, Mindstorms and Exo-Force.

When BIONICLE first ended I was sad, and joined on the “boycott HF” bandwagon. However, that changed after about one month, and I grew to love Hero Factory. Then Hero Factory ended and BIONICLE was brought back, and I was fairly pumped. Then it ended again, and now there is nothing physical to satiate my hunger. At the very least, now I’m able to contribute to the community this way.

Other interests of mine primarily concern fantasy and superheroes. I enjoy the works of the MCU, American and Japanese Tokusatsu as well as any form of media that has the word “star” in it.

Also I teach people how to not drown.[/quote]

##Topic Balance Updates
We hope you guys enjoyed our Recap Review Winter Event! We’ve been tweaking the balance for our channel content looking towards a post-Bionicle world. Part of that includes an expansion towards new LEGO story subjects, specifically Ninjago as we are all fans of the theme and 2017 marks the launch of the theatrical movie, which we’re all excited for. Nexo Knights is another one that we’re hoping to delve into.

Worry not, however, Bionicle fans! We’re still looking to keep Bionicle discussion alive. The biggest thing we’re doing is a hypothetical Generation 3 discussion we’ve got going on with the podcast, which we’re hoping to include you guys with in terms of weekly polls to figure out what people are thinking. Additionally, we also have a LEGO contest going on right now to build a System Bionicle set.

##Character Fixes

• Nerfed @Mesonak’s negativity from 200 to 100
  • Nerfed @Jon’s debate baiting from 300 to 150
  • Nerfed @prpldragon’s great fanart of us from 500 to 0 (RIP)
  • Buffed @IllustriousVar’s comedy series from 50 to 200
  • Buffed main playable roster’s friendship from 100 to 500 (Brickfair Update!)

#bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where the boards didn’t work on mobile
  • Fixed a bug with a lack of Bionicle content on the podcast (see above)
  • Fixed a bug where a playable character’s face was obscured with some sort of mask
  • Fixed a bug where the major income revenue of the channel was sunsetted (ps hey you should donate to Patreon pls)

##Upcoming Features

• Graphical update incoming
  • Ninjago Event incoming
  • Crossovers and teamups
  • Expanding roster
  • Mobile app for the boards

Happy 2017! Here’s to a great year and growing our community ever more!

52 Likes

Dang thats a big update

1 Like

Wow. How many GBs is this update? I don’t know if my system can hold all of it… /s

Congrats to all the people on the news team. Very excited to see what’s in store for this year.

3 Likes

Awhaw yeah! let’s amp it up!

7 Likes

This ought to be fun. Glad to be accepted!

2 Likes

Ah man, nerfed again?
Argh, why do devs nerf everything?

ha ha /s

Anyways… Graphical update?
Unsure if that’s part of the joke or they’ve got something really interesting in the works…

2 Likes

This was hilarious

-Mesonak

6 Likes

I’m still having a problem where the Boards ask me to press the Any Key to start. Where’s the Any Key?

/s

5 Likes

I’ve been playing this game for years and they still haven’t nerfed memes.

6 Likes

Well this is surely informative!

I’m happy to be a part of it! :smile::newspaper2:

1 Like

This Pay2Win thing is getting out of hand…

18 Likes

I’m very happy to now be a part of the unpaid labour sweatshop ttv task force

13 Likes

8,5/10 Too much water

-IGN.

I’m sorry.

2 Likes

Wow, sounds awesome! Really excited to see what the news team do!

1 Like

Good balances and all, but when are you releasing Sombra?

2 Likes

I await TTV 2: Remastered.

Also, when’s the bird friday update?
Promised years ago, and still never came up!

I wonder how many people actually get this joke? ha ha

4 Likes

If these changes are true, it might be time to give you guys another chance…

1 Like

I don’t think my internet will handle this phat one

So you didn’t remove Herobrine?

2 Likes