TTV Episode 191 Discussion

I appreciate the new ad, but I don’t think it’s going to help end confusion about how The TTV Channel on Vessel works. The ad doesn’t explain that one can watch videos on Vessel without the 7-Day Early Access for free (aside from Eljay saying “You’ll have to sign up for Early Access”, which I don’t think is nearly clear enough). There also is no mention that Early Access is not needed to watch the Podcast seven days before it’s uploaded to YouTube.
If it isn’t supposed to explain everything about Vessel, then it does its job well. Short, cute, and interest-catching.
The episode was great by the way, especially the name order. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of the new ad, specifically in the voice acting.

Little Johnny is fine, but Eljay just sounds…off. Like, it sounds like Eljay, and Eljay as a character doesn’t seem to fit that role.

The “plot” of the ad seems fairly straightforward; kid asks adult about stuff, adult tells kid where to go, roll credits. However, in order for this to work, the adult has to have a strong presence. From what I can tell, Eljay (the character) is the stereotypical nerd who gets picked on a lot. In other words, he doesn’t have a strong presence. Sure, he sounds calm and collected, but calm and collected does not fit the theme of this ad. The kid should be laughing at Eljay or something, not listening to him.

If Eljay was replaced with Future Eljay, it would be a different story. Future Eljay has a much deeper and commanding voice, thus having cause for a child to listen to him.

That’s just my thoughts though.
http://vid.marketmenot.com/lipton-tea-city-of-animals-commercial/lipton-tea-city-of-animals.jpg

12 Likes

I think you’re reading into it too much.

9 Likes

Very amusing episode. :smile:

Was late on watching it, oops.

Twas another great episode. I really like the board question segments, I wish they would happen more often :stuck_out_tongue: (though, I guess the live stream was basically a big question segment, so idk).

Yes,
#dontblamevar
blamewaj

4 Likes

and strawberry milk

@Black_Viper also when is “the history of Bionicle” coming out?

2 Likes

okay
let me make it simpler then

it wasn’t that funny, you need to git gud

5 Likes

Right back at ya, ModCast.

:slight_smile:

9 Likes

nice ad hominem ya got there
and for the record

i think we’re at least a little funny

14 Likes

Oh, yeah. Mhm, absolutely.

12 Likes

You’re still better Eljay

As you read this, be sure to drink a tall glass of product-placement.

3 Likes

Sorry I’m late to the party. Anyways, just here to say HA! @ELJAY AND @MESONAK ALREADY HAVE ME ADDED ON SKYPE FROM MAKUTAFEST 2014! HARDY HAR HAR! (Or was it 2013?). I totally contributed to this conversation.

1 Like

I’m surprised Var didn’t mention his one Autopsy. Need to get those plugs, guys.

1 Like

17 Likes