TTV Episode 197 Discussion

Forgot to post this last night, but TTV Episode 197 is now up on Vessel!

-Mesonak

13 Likes

I’m just glad Var didn’t say “price of a poly-bag” in the Vessel plug.
Also, I have to ask: Why do you have the Vessel plug when you have the Little Johnny ad in the beginning of the video? It’s a bit redundant.

3 Likes

This was a great episode, certainly better then just Eljay being a jerk through the entire thing and insulting the fanbase that got him to where he is. at least he tried to contain his rage.

5 Likes

Because some people still don’t seem to understand that they can watch the podcast for free one week early. Also like they mentioned in the podcast they like vessel so much they want to advertise it.

1 Like

Oh, I forgot that I was supposed to be 100% nice all the time despite people being idiots. Whoops, my bad.

What I find appalling is that you think I’m attacking an entire fanbase. I slave away at making video reviews for people I’ve never met and possibly never will meet while dealing with nonsense from a select group of people every day. I’ve stated time and time again how much I appreciate this fanbase for supporting us and our projects. But just because someone is a fan of us, does not mean that they are immune from be criticized or made fun of. If someone is an idiot, then I won’t shy away from that. You don’t get a free pass from me just by being a fan.

6 Likes

So, I’ve been in a comic drawing mood recently, so this one’s a little different.
Once again, here is my interpretation of this podcast!

Hopefully you all enjoy!

10 Likes

This was another great episode. Liked hearing more opinions on the summer sets now that they are starting to show up more frequently. Can’t wait to get the sets for myself and have a closer look at some of these builds.

Also can’t wait to get the JtO DVD whenever it comes out. Really great way for people who don’t have access to Netflix for any reason.

1 Like

That was the best beginning to an episode in awhile. Var upstaging FTW!

EDIT:
And what was that when talking about the JtO DVD? Was that… hope?! :smile:

Sorry, I had no intent to offend, and I do understand your issues with the select group of people. That was a rather sarcastic comment, and I am sorry for not elaborating.

3 Likes

[quote=“Eljay, post:5, topic:24131, full:true”]
I slave away at making video reviews for people I’ve never met and possibly never will meet while dealing with nonsense from a select group of people every day.[/quote]

It’s not slaving away if you enjoy what you create.

And if you don’t enjoy what you create, then you shouldn’t create it.

I had to slave away at these last few Recent reviews. They’re a lot more intense than doing Recaps, which I greatly enjoy making. I’ll be quite happy once I’m done with them.

1 Like

[quote=“Eljay, post:11, topic:24131, full:true”]
I had to slave away at these last few Recent reviews.[/quote]

And I repeat:

If your content is giving you so much trouble that you view it as “slaving away”

to such a degree that you even feel a need to guilt-trip your audience

then you shouldn’t be creating it.

Having those negative feelings towards your own efforts is just going to hurt the quality of the content.

While I appreciate the sentiment, work is work. And my job is to review them, even if it is eventually. Regardless, it’s only a few videos. The irony is that they’re the Recents that I am most proud of, thanks to being the first to use the new camera I picked up specifically for Reviews in order to improve the quality of videos for you guys.

2 Likes

[quote=“Eljay, post:13, topic:24131, full:true”]
And my job is to review them[/quote]
Wait, job?

I was talking about this as a piece of content created for an audience for little-to-no profit.

If it’s a job then how are you slaving over it?

I mean, you said it yourself. Work is work. If you’re getting something out of it, it’s not slaving. Doesn’t necessarily mean the work shouldn’t be appreciated, but regardless of the reception, it’s not slaving. For better or worse, it’s a job.

1 Like

Glad you liked it! I was hoping it would be an entertaining way to start the episode. Plus it gave me an excuse to brag to the rest of the crew XP

This is awesome! Love my evil face there >: D

4 Likes

I remember the old Netflix, we used to get DVD’s from them all the time. XP

2 Likes

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

1 Like

Holy cow Eljay is like a ticking time bomb, when he’s gotta burst, he’s gonna burst, he can’t even wait a minute before the episode ends to explode :bomb:

2 Likes

You know, I just felt that episode had a different flavor to it. It could be called…

TTV Podcast: Episode CXCVII: Var Strikes Back

any1 else know how 2 roman numeral?

2 Likes

No. I switched to arabic back in the 13th century, so I’ve forgotten how.

2 Likes