TTV Episode 198 Discussion

Oh yeah, the new intro was amazing.

I tried…
It was just so peaceful this episode.
Oh well, still a good episode. :slight_smile:

…I may have gone a little overboard with that… shrugs Oh well.

I was going to have one about the boards being broken, but I thought it might be mean-spirited to poke any fun at that. So yeah…

10 Likes

[Starts up Episode 198]

Welp, it looks like it’s going to be the same old kinda boring vessel ad/plug

[Eljay gets hit by car]

Also,

[Ven burps during countdown]

The is gonna to be a “great” episode isn’t it

9 Likes

Are we ever going to get an explanation on that new ad?

Everyone seems to hate the old one.
Thus, Eljay gets deded.

3 Likes

Well why wasn’t little Johnny hit? He was the most annoying part! :stuck_out_tongue:
On second thought, no. His crushed face was priceless. He will never see the review of the awesome Bionicle pens.

6 Likes

Actually was going to skip Little Johnny this time until I noticed what, uh, happened.

Also, Viper’s “Thok you,” wow.

On the topic of today’s kids not being interested in BIONICLE, I only have this to say…

“Stupid whippersnapper kids with their iPads and their touch phone games, not appreciating an actual physical toy!”

My theory on the whole ‘kids liking video games more than physical toys’ things is that maybe kids like VGs more because they don’t have to use their imagination as much? Let’s take Transformers for example. Back in the day I loved playing with my action figures, but I also loved playing the games. The games gave me a visual for all the destruction I was having Megatron cause, rather than me having to imagine burning buildings and wrecked tanks. I didn’t have to think as hard playing a VG as I did playing with a physical toy. I still enjoyed (and still do) the physical toys, but to see all the stuff happening on screen was pretty darn cool. Perhaps this is what is happening with this generation, they have the immediate reward of seeing the stuff on screen, and so feel they don’t need physical toys anymore.

But then at the same time, system keeps selling extremely well. I don’t know. That’s just my two cents.

4 Likes

Maybe because you usually have buildings and vehicles to go along with the figures? That way, you don’t have to imagine as much; Whereas, with constraction, it’s just the figures. (But then again, SW constraction is selling pretty well, right?)

2 Likes

Wait, none of the TF games in my day had visuals.

Really? I don’t know how old you are, but I played the heck out of this back in the day. Everything could blow up.

Maybe kids want a setting and atmosphere to their story when they play, something system has. You never see a Bionicle “house” or “fort”.

Umm… yes there is. :joy: Jkjk

5 Likes

Heh, I remember back in the day I used to make my sets go on adventures from one end of the house to another; imagining doors as giant deadly gates, the stairs as treacherous mountains, chairs and tables as tunnels, etc.

1 Like

Back in my day, we had this :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh dang. No wonder you were complaining about lack of visuals. :joy:

2 Likes

Actually (and this is just me), this is why system never interested me. I found a building or fort boring. I wanted characters, that’s what makes a story. That’s why I always liked Constracton, and why I’m a minifig collector/ moccer. I will only ever get a system set if it has a Minifig I really want.

~W12~

1 Like