TTV Episode 199 Discussion

Hmm… [ sees LJ wasn’t on this episode, but was on this week’s Modcast ]

Maybe he got really tired after dealin’ with our nonsense…

[the evidence is rising, conspiracies hurt]

couldn’t wake up inside

:stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

guys, I am not sure if this has already been discussed but seeing the situation on which bionicle is standing right now, what if in 2017 bionicle gets a similar deal to the last wave of CCBS chima and only gets released in specific regions (e.g; The US or the EU)

Then an entire region of fans shall be royally ticked off…

Dude, like where I live there is no sign of bionicle 2016, I am already ticked off(not to mention the prices)

2 Likes

Meso’s epiphany really got to me. Remember way back when, when all of us whined and complained about the state of Bionicle, and then whined and complained when it ended in the way that it did? Don’t let your last memory of our beloved franchise go up in smoke just like our beloved franchise could definitely do at any day, any time.

3 Likes

this episode was great. the small group plus the push for more possative talk make an alround fantastic episode.

1 Like

I can’t wait for TTV to cancel the day before Episode 200. #Crashthehypetrain.

/s?

~W12~

Time to make a 200th celebration topic yet?

1 Like

I have to say, this was a really great episode, and Meso’s points, as well as Var’s, got me thinking.

First off, I found this picture in a LEGO Club Junior Magazine. Don’t ask why I have it, but seeing it brings new meaning after listening to the podcast.

This kid has a Skull Scorpio, and if his parents bought it for him he must have thought it was cool. So from a kid’s perspective, even the sets we older people here see as the worst can be awesome.

And it also brings to mind for me as well, this kid probably doesn’t have a voice on the Internet. He can’t tell people how much he thinks that Scorpio is cool. And it reminds me of myself in G1. I loved Bionicle from 06-09, I even loved the sets that I see others now never liked. I was a little kid, I couldn’t go on message boards. So seeing this now almost assures me there is a fandom out there who simply isn’t old enough to voice their opinions.

And then Meso’s point comes in. Now I can see that by only focusing on the doom and gloom, we’re missing the chance of a lifetime: to be a kid again. It’s a chance to experience something we loved way back when with child-like wonder again, but now as teens and adults we can voice our opinions and maybe even help shape how it turns out.

And I for one do not want to miss that experience! :smile:

7 Likes

Yee. I got into Bionicle in 04-05, then full fledged by 06. I may have missed the glory dayz (tho 04 is still best year imo) but the years I was there for I loved. And that’s why I’m here.

1 Like