TTV Episode 206 Discussion

That’s right, important news warrants an extremely early release; TTV Episode 206 is now live on Vessel!

This episode, we’ll be discussing the cancellation of BIONICLE G2, as well as the second season of “Journey to One,” in great detail. I would encourage all of you to listen to this episode fully, as interesting revelations are made, plot points are dissected, and important messages are given to the community.

-Mesonak

26 Likes

All right, something to listen to tonight!

3 Likes

yay, more fodder for me to listen to!

So glad this was released before school! Cant wait to listen.

Bionicle canceled

7 Likes

Yus! been waiting for this!

(Also, it has been 99 episodes since your RETURN OF BIONICLE Podcast)

10 Likes

All right, I finished a little bit ago.
Meso, you’re amazing.

2 Likes

First of all… Daaaaaaang meso I’m not even as big of a bionicle fan as some of the other people here but after that speech I feel pumped up to do anything right now

2 Likes

@Mesonak you were lit at the end of this podcast it was an amazing speech. :fire:

I’m happy bionicle came back it does suck that it ended, but what I have to thank about g2 was. That I found TTV, joined the message boards and met some really cool and talented people here.

1 Like

That speech was :ok_hand:.

Seriously, though. I hadn’t realized how bad the ending was until you guys talked about it. It was baaaaaaaaaad.

Which is sad because the first parts of the episode had some good potential. They could have ended with Umarak getting defeated, Gali stuck in the Shadow Realm and the Toa fighting an unleashed Makuta.

sigh

It could have been great…

8 Likes

I just had a thought. The LEGO Twitter said it was a ‘Business Decision’, right? This is conspiracy level stuff, but what if Disney said “Stop BIONICLE so the Star Wars constraction can sell more or we’ll pull out on our licensing deal.”? That would account for the business decision part. They would rather quit one of their own IPs instead of lose Star Wars, Disney Princesses, and whatever future lines they could make.

13 Likes

You know Meso if you guise played the Matoran theme while you and Eljay were making y’all’s speeches it would’ve made it EVEN MOAR emotionally engaging tho… just a personal opinion…

3 Likes

This podcast is really making me think. It will probably be one of my favorites.

2 Likes

@Eljay @Mesonak You guys got it wrong for the combo of Makuta. It’s not Terak, but Ikir that is needed.

You guys talked about all the plot holes in JtO. I gave them a little thought, and here’s my solutions(JtO spoilers, obviously):

1. **The Crystal door that Upgrades Ekimu**. The Toa knew this was a thing already, because Ekimu used it to upgrade them. That explains why they weren't surprised by Ekimu's upgrade, and how they were upgraded. 2. **Agil's death(?)**. Agil flies into Ekimu, disappears, and Ekimu blasts Umarak. This confused me a lot, but then I recalled that Ekimu mentioned Agil's power: he can show people things. He can't actually use his own light powers offensively (if he could, why would he only scratch Umarak with his claws?). And he can't unite with Ekimu, since he doesn't have a Mask of Unity. And Ekimu doesn't have light powers. So there was only one thing left: Agil sacrifices himself, and Ekimu becomes a Vessel for Agil's power, blasting Umarak. And it weakens Umarak, but also bathes him in light energy: the one element that he was missing. Umarak was bathed in that energy, and that's why Makuta pulled him into the vortex: he needed all the elements. 3. **Why did that downgrade Ekimu?** Well, that's because... someone accidentally deleted the EtMM model. Yeah, I don't have any clue on that one. 4. **Why Wasn't Ekimu trapped in the Shadow Realm?** He was in the blast radius, too. Well, he WAS trapped. In spirit, anyway. Then, six Toa come along and "awaken" him. Or rather, they brought his spirit back from the Shadow Realm. 5. **Where'd the Prophecy of Light come from?** Well, Ekimu is stuck in the Shadow realm. So he carves the Prophecy for Gali to find. After all, he knows that she'll be coming. 6. **Wait, then how come the Toa didn't die when they Revived Ekimu?** Easy. There's a huge difference between transporting a non-physical spirit and a physical being. Umarak used the MOUP to open a physical door, not just a spiritual one. It takes a lot more power to close that. 7. **How did the beasts work?** I had to really think about this one, and I don't have a perfect answer, but I do have an answer. It's obvious that JtO ignores other story material, so it ignored the MoCo's power from a product description (mind control). The beast are an anachronism of nature: they are made out of elemental crystals (You know, those things that gave the masks there power?), with a Shadow Trap transformed into "duplicates" of the Mask Of control, each one piloting a elemental crystal "mech". When the Toa destroy the Beasts, they immediately begin pulling the elemental crystals together to make a new mech. That is, until the Toa smash the masks.

And now JtO part 2 makes some semblance of sense.

Although I don’t know why they made the Groundskeeper an earth villager instead of Stone. That was just dumb.

~W12~

9 Likes

When you listen to Meso’s speech.

5 Likes

The more I consider this, the more it makes sense.

3 Likes

So close to magic triple didgets. That must sting.

Var’s frustration perfectly echo’s my own

7 Likes

Really miffed about not getting the MoUP in set form (honestly, if the mask exists solely for that contest video, with no public release at all, then it seems like a waste of time and materials IMO - especially if the mask is not going to be used for anything else in the future).

Also very not happy about no building instructions for building the JtO Makuta (I figured that since the JtO Makuta was a combo model, I could build him for myself, but now it’s harder than it needs to be).

2 Likes