TTV Message Board PSA: Double Posting

I should get a medal for actual editing it. :frowning:

6 Likes

You already got an Oscar though

5 Likes

Double post everyday

insert gif of haloblast here

2 Likes

#Dupe account! Dupe Account! Dupe Account!
#Burn! Burn! Burn!

10 Likes

I still don’t entirely understand the issue with double posting besides making some pages a bit laggy to load. I belong to another forum that allows it…

My issue is that sometimes I will have something to add but if I edit my post no one gets a notification from my other idea.

3 Likes

0/10 Slime’s head didn’t move that fluidly

/s

I think this was good, I guess.

People don’t read the rules? Preposturous!

6 Likes

Yesterday, I accidentally double posted without knowing it was wrong. I didn’t see that it was bad, and that my comment was edited for double-posting, so I made an extra comment on the same page. When I saw what happened, I was like: 0_0 Please don’t ban me. Please don’t ban me. Please don’t ban me…

Edit: I’m not sure if anyone of you will see this, but how are we supposed to respond or have a conversation with someone if we’re not allowed to have even two comments? What if we have several questions we want to ask the creator of a topic? How do we answer others’ questions when we already gave our two cents on the page, already? How do you see me when this isn’t a new comment?

4 Likes

The issue with double posts is that they cause clutter and artificial inflation of topic activity.

So, by double posting on a topic, you cause the topic to appear active, but in reality it’s just the same person posting over and over. Which is no gud.

Creative content allows double posts of the ‘update’ variety. So, if you have a series of comics or literature, you can double post only if you are posting the next entry in your series. If you’re just replying to people, the normal ‘no double post’ rule applies.

Hopefully that explains why it’s a thing :smile: :stuck_out_tongue:.

7 Likes

Alright I think I get it now. The other forum I belong to is also a little more classic in style and doesn’t have a “like” or “high activity” system. It’s the “Glyos Connection” if you want to know what I’m referring to.

I still don’t think it’s serious enough to ban people over, but to each his own.

1 Like

It’s still not as good as the season one theme song.
@Political_Slime I’m guessing the next PSA will be about Solek jokes? Or maybe shipping?
@Leoxandar I want to hear this song.

3 Likes

Ask me about this thing, I’m the one who was making these.

As for Solek? Nah I’d much rather not delve into that territory again. Doesn’t need a resurgence. Shipping might be one used later in the future, but I wanna emphasize the wrongness of spam and stuff on the boards for new users.

8 Likes

how about one on posting in the '16 topic?

5 Likes

What about one for drunk driving going off topic? Lol. Very good PSA, it was needed :laughing:

4 Likes

That is a topic I need to do.

Maybe…

8 Likes

[All new flavour! Now with captions! :stuck_out_tongue:]

6 Likes

Did you really just do that?! :unamused:

5 Likes

Intentionally, yes.

2 Likes

Well, you’re just adding to your number of flags, sooooo…

5 Likes

@Rockho Well, it would seem I did.

@Plural Who’s counting?

1 Like