TTV's Official Brickonicle Toa Designs [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters]

I like this, especially if the markings are a distinct color. (checks) They are! So I’m saying that water Matoran (Ga-Matoran, still?) wouldn’t have orange, fire Matoran wouldn’t have blue, etc. It might make the color schemes a bit more bland, but I would also advocate for more simplistic Matoran designs anyways.

3 Likes

“Nice Kopak costume, but the scar is on the wrong side.”

4 Likes

Same!
The toa are already complicated enough!:sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is perfect. It must happen.

1 Like

as well as only the Toa having the Nuva symbols yes i have said this before

2 Likes

Not too fond of this idea…
Instead of having the Toa be the only ones with markings, why don’t we have the Toa’s markings be more ceremonial and artistic, and have the Matoran’s be more generic looking and mundane.

1 Like

I like this, and how about no print on the masks, because they’re mask powers cannot be accessed

The design of those BionicFigs are great looking. I love the idea of Onua reusing Axl torso, along with Kopaka right eye having a scar that cannot be seen when he’s wearing his mask.
I thought of the same idea of making Lewa female last year, when I was working on my G2 remake (or G2.5), and I like the idea of changing his gender sense his name does sound like it would fit for a female character. Though I don’t know if your reason the same, but with me when thinking of the idea of changing one of the 6 toa gender is to see what people would think about one of the character gender being change.

However there are two design choices that I really don’t like at all. One of them being Lewa cape that looks pretty dumb, I think not having any cape or armor like Tahu could look better, or maybe that Chima armor piece would work, though it would cover half of the printing, so maybe those Ninjago shoulder pad pieces.

The other being the green grassy stuff on Onua legs looking very odd, I think moving it to his shoulders would have look amazing.

I personally think that small legs on the Matoran are better, as giving them regular legs makes them seem equal to the Toa. This gives me the vibe of “if all these Matoran are so big and strong, why do they need the Toa?”

I dunno, just my feelings on the matter.

The problem with that is it will make the toa and matoran still look on the same power level.
In essence:

To me, the reason the hero characters all look like heroes is because they are so detailed and extravagant. “Dumbing Down” the tribal markings for the matoran might work for awhile, but it might lead to confusion for who the actual heroes are. Take Ninjago, for example. One could instantly recognize any of the heroes as, well, they were dressed like Ninjas. None of the other characters dressed like that. If height is no longer going to be a differentiating factor between toa and matoran, some detail still has to show that the toa are more powerful than the matoran. Armor could work, but the TTV stated that armor will come around in year 2. The only way I could see tribal markings work for both toa and matoran would be that the toa’s markings would be of colors that are different from the main ones (for example, how Gali has orange). The matoran wouldn’t get these added colors; their markings would just be using their main colors. (For example, A ga-matoran with colors of blue and light blue would have Mata blue markings)

3 Likes

I think unique coloration would work.

Personally, I have the opposite problem.

If the Matoran are short, they feel too much like children, and it makes them seem helpless. The Toa aren’t around all the time (especially on a big island), it only makes sense for Matoran to be able to take care of themselves.

Actually, last I heard some G3 Matoran can use mask powers, it just doesn’t come naturally to them like the Toa.

But, since it requires a lot of discipline and training, I don’t think most Matoran would have masks of power.

The printing on Turaga’s masks should look faded.

1 Like

here is a think no one have been thinking about, why don’t the matorans pull a Okotan and use a different mask design which is common on their island instead of using the same design for the Toa Mata, there is no reason to given them the toa mata masks given that the masks are gifted from the elemmental gods.

Thus we could have the following masks that are granted to their rank and/or status.

-Villager
-Warrior
-Trader
-Scholar
-Priest
-Miner
-Turaga

as I said in my topic about the G3 “Chronicler’s Company”,
In my opinion the markings should work like the tatau on far cry 3,

The markings should grow as they get more skilled, matorans first get the markings when they start trainning, and when they become a toa they have more markings, maybe this could even be something the to would fight for
“haha, look at your markings, I have so many more”

1 Like

I kind of think that G2 mask system took away from the villagers’ individuality. For the uniform of an ancient order like the Protectors, maybe, but I think outside of that Matoran shouldn’t be confined in their mask designs.

4 Likes

They could have the masks be different by using the Noble/Great/Nuva Kanohi differentiation, so the Toa would have “evolved” masks compared to the Turaga and Matoran.

As always, a mixture of both G´s will be best. Maybe keep the armour of G2 but with that feeling of personality from G1.

1 Like

Eh, I’m just gonna be honest, I really don’t like how these designs look.

The heads under the masks look far too cartoony, and IMO would look better as a solid colour head. The bodies have too much going on. There are colours and lines everywhere. They look far more based on the G2 designs than the G1, but are somehow even more overdesigned.

I realise I’m very late to the party here, but it took me a while to decide whether I was going to post this at all, and how scathing I was willing to be.

2 Likes

Now I haven’t been following this as much as I’d like and I’m a podcast behind, but I thought of something for the Matoran. Now I don’t really remember if they are a seperate species from the Toa in your canon (like how in G1 it was an evolutionary transformation) but if they are, have you guys considered the Nexo bot bodies as a base? I feel like that they do a much better job of differentiating the Toa from generic villagers than the shorter minifigure legs would.

On the topic of matoran height… there are some issues, look here.