TTV's Official Brickonicle Toa Designs [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters]

Thanks for the answers!

The leg printing must have been a recent change, then.
For the longest time, I remembered the printing getting cut off, like this:

Or not even having lower leg printing, like in the Chima minifigs:

I guess that just goes to show how far Lego has gone with their printing quality!

Question: Is the lower leg printing just for Special Minifigs, though? The one you referenced was part of the minifigure series…

4 Likes

I agree that Pohatu should have a pickaxe for his Toa tool. It would work well for him.

2 Likes

Lewa 2’s mask and her colors remind me strongly of a Tree frog.

17 Likes

I honestly like the style of female Lewa’s mask but I really like Ragdoll’s lewa mask so I put together an idea that would remedy it(I don’t know if this idea has already been discussed or are doing it already):
As the gender of the toa depends on the gender of the matoran taking the mantle of the toa, the armor/ mask of the toa also changes based on the gender of the matoran/ character taking up the mantle of that toa

4 Likes

I quite like this idea.

Also, because I already designed a male version of the Miru before we settled on female Lewa that I no longer need to completely throw out : D

13 Likes

It would be interesting if she was the first girl to take the mantle. (Almost mirroring what’s happening in the community.)

4 Likes

It would be an interesting touch if we ever make a fuller outline of the Toa’s “pedigree,” but I’m afraid if we make that an explicit plot-point, it’ll come-off like Nya’s thing in Ninjago.

4 Likes

Agreed. A strong female character is so much more powerful when her entire purpose isn’t to be the strong female character, but just another strong character.

6 Likes

I don’t think that’d be necessary for the character. I assume that (and this depends on how many Toa there’ve been in the past in the first place) there will have been a decent number of female Toa from each element, especially if these “avatars” have existed for centuries. Going off of that, it’d be improbable that the current Lewa was the very first female Toa of her element.

6 Likes

Someone mind translating this idea to dumb english so a Spanish guy like me can understand?

Are you saying that a male matoran can become a female toa? Because that would be weird…

Or that depending of the matoran gender the armor adapts to the gender?

1 Like

The armour adapts to the gender.

2 Likes

I honestly disagree here, as I feel that the expression she has is more cocky than seductive. To me, it’s just screaming “come at me bro!”

3 Likes

Update: Lewa has been modified to reduce the size of her eyes-holes, per feedback received.

16 Likes

Looking good. :thumbsup:

The armor adapts depending upon their gender (and possibly other physical characteristics so that past Toa are recognizable).

1 Like

i have to agree with others here, i don’t like how Onua uses Axl’s body design. The reason is because that design is just does not work, basicly Axl’s body design was made for a Nexo Knight character, and seeing the design here shows that it does not really work for other themes. If LEGO was going to make a System Onua with the Axl body type, they would most likely have made an alternate design for it, like how the Big figs have had different designs to them.

actually, Axl’s body design is a bit similar to the Dogpound and Leatherhead big figs:

in that they use normal Minifigure legs but have a unique torso and arm design.

But anyway, i would suggest altering Onua’s body design a little, not to much mind you, just doing some minor alterations to it like adding the grass that was in Onua’s design ideas:

in a way similar to Mungus’s fur:

“note: im not saying that Onua should be a big fig like Mungus, just that the grass should be placed in a manner similar to his fur, as in that its around the upper part of his torso, but still allowing him to be able to place a head on top of his body.”

10 Likes

I like how Lewa’s cape works. It’s almost like she could jump off something and, holding the cape, could use it like a hang glider.
And of course I love Pohatu he fam

2 Likes

I would agree with you; I don’t think Onua should use a direct copy of Axl’s body piece because it has the Nexo-Knight’s shield shape on the chest (which in the Axl figure has his Nexo Crest or whatever on it). I think that it would be good to try a custom chest-area design (but leave the arms and etc. because those are OK).

2 Likes

Much better! Looks pretty good now

1 Like

I’ve got it. Add this piece.
http://cache.lego.com/media/bricks/5/2/6055605.jpg

14 Likes

Genius.

1 Like